Farming

The_Fray

I have a few questions that I needed to ask.

1) Does your farming level have an effect on the likelihood of crops dying?

2) Is it worth paying the farmer to protect expensive seeds like yews? Anybody have an approximate rate at which yew trees die at?

3) Which herb seeds should I be planting? People tell me that snaps and ranarrs are good but the seeds are fairly expensive, would I make a higher profit planting toadflax?

1) I don't think so? Not sure. Jagex has probably made some comment about it.

2) Yes, unless you have the time to sit around, I like to pay for them because you get the payment materials through farming you did at previous levels. Letting them die is a waste of time and money.

3) Toadflax gives great profit (I just did a bunch of them). Ranarrs are okay, but the seeds are pretty expensive so they aren't the best. To my knowledge, Snapdragons seem to be the best profit makers

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Your level doesn't affect how often your crops get diseased.

I find nothing more annoying then doing a farm run and finding a tree, let alone a yew one, dead. I always pay the farmers (you should find a tree that isn't very expensive and has a cheap payment). Some people would say paying is a waste, since the rate your trees dies is around 1/7.

Monetarily speaking, the profit herbs go from Toadflax > Snapdragon> Ranarr. I would say toadflax is perfect for people who would rather have more money then exp. Ranarrs are just a waste seeing as they are less exp and less money compared to toadflax, but Snapdragons give at least 2.5x-3x more exp. If you can manage to buy seeds low, and sell by the time the herb goes up then you can make quite a lot more money.

randomkcopyq.png

Thanks for the replies so far. I want to make it clear though that I plan on planting yew trees as they seem to be the best experience for a casual farmer as myself. I also plan on planting coconuts as soon as I get the level. Money isnt too much of an issue but I would try to keep the loss as low as I can while still gaining fairly fast experience. I am runecrafting right now and farming seems to be great to train as a side skill. I could still use some more replies though, so keep them coming.

Depending on your luck, snapdragons can give you a lot of profit, or you could just break even. For a more consistent profit though, I'd say kwuarms are better than toadflax, and they give more xp as well.

And it's definitely worth it to protect trees, especially higher level trees that have expensive seeds.

Lagatag.png