closed.

Johannas

[hide=]This is a pretty useless weapon for me, i have better alternatives for all of its uses.

So i just did the quest, and got a broken anchor.

I heard it alchs for 138k....or is that after you have paid 230k for it to be useable.

Thanks[/hide]

got my answer in the first few posts...

no need to keep posting :|

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

The tip.it item database says the broken anchor alchs for 0.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7928

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Broken anchor does not give any gold if you alch it. Infact it has a "Destroy" option.

The repaired anchor (You pay a cash amount over 200K) can be alched for 138K. But it's way better to die with it, because if you die with it 200K+ cash (same amount as you used to repair) will be dropped on floor instead of Anchor.

Yeah, just get skulled, bring the barrelchest anchor near your respawn point, and die. Then just pick up the money where you died.

Wait, i get money for it?

Did you mis - read my first post? I have a broken anchor so have not yet paid 230k to get it fixed.

I presume if i die with the broken anchor i wont get anything...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

You have to pay the money to get the money.

Dieing with the broken anchor gives nothing.

However, dieing with the barrelchest anchor (pay 230k) will give back the money you paid.

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

i just did this recently i went to a pvp world and got skulled then since my respawn point was fally i let myself get piled by white knights died and got my 230k back but the anchor is in no way worth spending the money on since their alot of alternative weapons over it...its only good for its spec because it can actually hit high.

i'm 55 str and i hit a 22 with the spec so i'd suggest you spend the 230k.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

its def a high hitting spec weapon at 87 str with dbaxe spec and peity i was able to nail a 65 with it but the spec is about the only thing its good for.

its def a high hitting spec weapon at 87 str with dbaxe spec and peity i was able to nail a 65 with it but the spec is about the only thing its good for.

Unless I misinterpreted this, you did a dba spec, then specced with an anchor?

Yeah, just get skulled, bring the barrelchest anchor near your respawn point, and die. Then just pick up the money where you died.

Dude omfg!!! That's brilliant!!!!!!!!! I've had that lame anchor in my bank for years and I couldnt get rid of it!!!

Thanks a million and two!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Saintdane555.png

white.gif

I must admit, that's certainly something. Excuse me while I wipe my drool off the floor.

Nice catch there too. I noticed that as soon as I read it.

Saintdane555.png

white.gif

I must admit, that's certainly something. Excuse me while I wipe my drool off the floor.

idk if anybody saw it.. but there was a pk vid out a day or two ago by il archangel where he fights a kid who had an anchor(just an anchor) it was hilarious.

for those of you with higher strength, obviously there are more powerful weapons out there for you. i'm not trying to turn this into a spam post but i can imagine the anchor being a very good k0 weapon for lower leveled players- if anybody knows a video where it is succesfully used, pm me please

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

ever occur to you maybe i waited for the spec bar to come back up?(it only uses 25% of the spec bar each spec).

ever occur to you maybe i waited for the spec bar to come back up?(it only uses 25% of the spec bar each spec).

the anchor uses %50, by then the dba should have lost about 80% of its effect.