Runecrafting Pouches.

ufosssssssss

When you get 75 Runecrafting, and you get the Giant pouch, is it even worth it to use the small pouch? Because If you think about it, you would have to get out 2 inventories of pure essence to fill the rest of the pouches when using the Small Pouch. So is it worth it to use the small pouch with the rest of them, or just leave out the small pouch?

modmarkg.jpg

Ufosssssssss.png

When you get 75 Runecrafting, and you get the Giant pouch, is it even worth it to use the small pouch? Because If you think about it, you would have to get out 2 inventories of pure essence to fill the rest of the pouches when using the Small Pouch. So is it worth it to use the small pouch with the rest of them, or just leave out the small pouch?

Are you going for speed or maximizing your experience? 3 more essence might not seem like much, but it adds up and you're only saving a few seconds which might add up to a minute over the course of an hours' worth of runs. It just depends on what you're trying for...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

When I hit 75 RC (just 2 levels to go, whee), I'll leave the Small Pouch, because I Graahk RC.

Graahking has the maximum effect if you be as efficient as possible. In the long run (I buy/craft 20k essence at a time), the time you save by ditching the small pouch adds up to multiple full runs.

One thing to remember is that the small pouch allows for 2 more essence. It holds 3, but the normal inventory space is 1 ess right there. So 2 essence in exchange for wasted banking time? No thanks.

¤¤ 20death04 in Runescape, Semi-Retired ¤¤

100M+ Net Worth - Yes I do own the AGS in my avatar.

20death04.png

When I hit 75 RC (just 2 levels to go, whee), I'll leave the Small Pouch, because I Graahk RC.

Graahking has the maximum effect if you be as efficient as possible. In the long run (I buy/craft 20k essence at a time), the time you save by ditching the small pouch adds up to multiple full runs.

One thing to remember is that the small pouch allows for 2 more essence. It holds 3, but the normal inventory space is 1 ess right there. So 2 essence in exchange for wasted banking time? No thanks.

Good point...it is only two more essence, but it's still more experience at the cost of seconds, unless your bank is a mess or you're just not quick with clicking.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Good point...it is only two more essence, but it's still more experience at the cost of seconds, unless your bank is a mess or you're just not quick with clicking.

I'm a pretty fast Graahker, and my bank is pretty neat. But with my pouch setup, the extra banking/emptying/filling time isn't worth it to me.

My aim is for the max nats crafted, not max XP rate. The ZMI is better for that.

The small pouch helps if you make short chunks of runs (maybe 1k-3k pure ess buy/craft/sell portions) but with the bigger amounts, the extra seconds add up to more than the 2 essence provides.

¤¤ 20death04 in Runescape, Semi-Retired ¤¤

100M+ Net Worth - Yes I do own the AGS in my avatar.

20death04.png

Use it, unless you are ghraaking, in which case you'd leave it out.

Yes, I do use a Graahk.

It's been statistically proven that it is better to leave the small pouch at home when you are ghraak rcing.

I dont graahk so I suppose my opinion on this is pretty much useless. But I will say this I dont see how leaving it behind will raise the amount of natures you make.

Here is what i do:

1) Withdraw essence from bank.

2) Fill Giant (12), Medium (6) and Small (3) pouches with essence.

3) Withdraw essence from bank.

4) Fill Large (9) pouch with essence.

5) Fill familiar with essence. *This step is skipped since you are graahking*

6) Withdraw essence from bank.

7) Teleport

Now here is what you do if you leave behind the small pouch.

2) Fill Giant (12) and Medium (6) pouches with essence.

7) Teleport

In essence you spend nearly the same amount of time banking, all you are skipping is one click, yes it only takes 1 click to fill your small pouch.

Now this is what I do when I craft.

1) Craft the essence in your inventory.

2) Empty Giant (12), Medium (6) and Small (3) pouches and craft the essence.

3) Empty familiar (again not applicable when graahking) and empty large (9) pouch and craft the essence

4) Teleport Out.

Now here is what you do when you leave behind the small pouch.

2) Empty Giant (12) and Medium (6) pouches and craft the essence.

3) Empty familiar (again not applicable when graahking) and empty large (9) pouch and craft the essence

4) Teleport Out.

Again it simply takes one right click and a left click to empty your small pouch. If someone has proven (with carefully controlled tests) that small pouches are better then I will be willing to look at it but right now I would say that small pouch is definately worth carrying.

[hide=]

I dont graahk so I suppose my opinion on this is pretty much useless. But I will say this I dont see how leaving it behind will raise the amount of natures you make.

Here is what i do:

2) Fill Giant (12), Medium (6) and Small (3) pouches with essence.

7) Teleport

Now here is what you do if you leave behind the small pouch.

2) Fill Giant (12) and Medium (6) pouches with essence.

7) Teleport

In essence you spend nearly the same amount of time banking, all you are skipping is one click, yes it only takes 1 click to fill your small pouch.

Now this is what I do when I craft.

2) Empty Giant (12), Medium (6) and Small (3) pouches and craft the essence.

4) Teleport Out.

Now here is what you do when you leave behind the small pouch.

2) Empty Giant (12) and Medium (6) pouches and craft the essence.

4) Teleport Out.

Again it simply takes one right click and a left click to empty your small pouch. If someone has proven (with carefully controlled tests) that small pouches are better then I will be willing to look at it but right now I would say that small pouch is definately worth carrying.

[/hide]

Thanks.

modmarkg.jpg

Ufosssssssss.png