Simple and complicated additions to Summoning Calc

Hey everyone, been away for a bit, but am back ::'

I've had a simple idea to add to the summoning calc, and that is a "shard and pouch coster" so, say for example you were summoning level 58 and wanted to get to 60, it would show you how many pouches of whichever familiar you would need *plus* the total cost of making up all those pouches (there is currently no way to obtain pouches/shards except through purchase) since each monster requires a different number of shards this would allow you to plan with cost in mind too.

I don't know if we have this already.

Now, the more complicated idea:

To have an input facility at the top, where you can put in the numbers of each type of charm that you have &/or the total amount of money you want to spend and then the calculator would spew out the best combination of pouches for you to level.

Opinions?

Proud owner of Questcape since 4th July 2009!! :D :D

sphinxor_86.png

I would enjoy that first addition. Beats counting it up every time.

That second one, I don't think is ideal. Because there are a variety of methods in training, whether that be the cost efficient, time efficient, or pouch/scroll necessity method. So in reality, I wouldn't use that, because there are too many variables at stake to consider.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

We are looking at the possibilities of adding materials costs to calculators. However it poses some challenges, so I make no promises.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I can understand how difficult that must be with other skills. But don't the prices of shards/pouches remain the same...? For summoning it shouldn't be too hard.

Still it all sounds great as usual Pokémama ::'

PS: Loving the animated sig!

sphinxor_86.png

Those material costs remain the same.

However, it's the cost of seconds that often determine the cost and recovery value of the pouch. And those numbers have to be fetched from the GE, and right now the way it's coded doesn't lend itself to manipulation, and ... (boring details left out here).

So. That's why. :)

And besides, the shard cost already shown in our Summoning Skill Guide table: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=summoning ... tm#pouches

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I meant costs in the calculator, not the guide.

But the secondary costs are a factor I'd agree. You could, in the meantime on the calculator put *minimum price* and total up the shard and pouch cost of making those summoning pouches up?

You'd probably wanna do everything in one go...

sphinxor_86.png

I suggested merely a tweak to the summoning tables

http://tip.it/runescape/summoning_table ... type=pouch

If they added 2 columns, cost of charms and total cost of pouch then you could simply use that value times the amount you need.

Its not a tweak to the summoning calculator is a whole rework which would be better suited as a special calc.

Such a calculator would be easyish to create. Since theres already data from the summoning table and item tables.

Then its just a case of some interesting math.

The basic version would pull off the number of shards, GE mid cost of the second and exp, with the exp needed being dynamic.

en=exp needed

es=exp per summon

s=shards

sc=seconds cost

tc=total cost for that summon

tc=(en/es)*((s*25)+sc)

The more complex one is tricky as hell.

I'll add it to my toying around collection of misc code projects.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]