Good job Jagex.

Bananamatic

1) Remove items to make them more expensive

2) Add more random loot which is NPC sellable

What's wrong with that?

26k trick, that is.

Everyone and their dog is doing it right now and getting lots of cash - my friend got 31,9m in 2-3 days.

26k goes away, up to 6m goes in, no resources wasted.

Result? Inflation, obviously.

They try so hard to prevent it with summoning and construction, then bring in this crap which only brings money into the game and nothing else.

PVP items for 7m GE were good. GE sellable loot was good. NPC sellable items which only spawn more gold obviously aren't.

Atleast alching kept the nature rune prices somehow stable and allowed the fletchers to profit, so there was some balance.

However, there is none in spawning millions into the game for nothing wasted.

Also, bring teleporting from combat in again. Smart move >.>

First a cool running update comes, then they mess it up a week later with this crap.

Can someone please explain this to me, I really don' t know what you people are talking about.

But, from what I do understand, it' s silly. I fish for money and make a nice 250k a day. All I need, and it doesn' t take too long. But 3M in 3 days seems a bit over the top if it' s on F2P.

And what' s the point of the game then if you can just rush everything? Where' s the fun in that, it' s like reading a book, but reading only every 10th page. You get the blury picture, but the book will suck badly.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Inflation means that the money loses it's value, mainly due to there being too much of it. NPCable items which spawn more cash=bad.

Items skyrocket, some of those with cash won't want to buy for that much and those which didn't do the 26k trick won't be able to get the better items.

That means that items are a much better reward for the economy. However, pk gear is lost in the game and more is spawned through the drops. Slayers also get more into the game constantly(and more than pkers probably), but the demand is still there.

The most affected items IMO were DFH(was costly due to rareness, though it was useless) and Guthan's Spear(actually a good thing, now people shouldn't be that afraid to guthan as I was once :lol: )

DK rings weren't a good thing to go down that fast, so this should fix the prices a bit, but seeing how the zaros statues aren't that rare, there is some risk of inflation I guess.

Everyone and their dog is doing it right now and getting lots of cash - my friend got 31,9m in 2-3 days.

Everyone? You sure?

They try so hard to prevent it with summoning and construction, then bring in this crap which only brings money into the game and nothing else.

PVP items for 7m GE were good. GE sellable loot was good. NPC sellable items which only spawn more gold obviously aren't.

How is 26k'ing these new items different than 26k glitching to get pvp items? You're still bringing in wealth with little to nothing going out.

Atleast alching kept the nature rune prices somehow stable and allowed the fletchers to profit, so there was some balance.

Alching is irrelevant to this, considering alching brought a LOT of inflation to Runescape.

Too bad.

First a cool running update comes, then they mess it up a week later with this crap.

Unless you get mini-game/boss monster items the way they were intended; from mini-game/bosses. I know, god forbid Jagex not cater to the tiny minority that call themselves pkers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

How is 26k'ing these new items different than 26k glitching to get pvp items? You're still bringing in wealth with little to nothing going out.

Simply, if you get a vls, those who want it buy it, and the rest is unaffected.

If too many people do the 26k trick for extensive time periods, you bring in not items, but too much cash, which gets degraded in value, everything goes up, stuff becomes too expensive and everyone is affected, especially those which didn't do the trick.

I might be taking it too far, but there is a possibility of such stuff happening.

Why not just increase the amount of dragon and rune stuff?

Everyone? You sure?

Alching is irrelevant to this, considering alching brought a LOT of inflation to Runescape.

Too bad.

Unless you get mini-game/boss monster items the way they were intended; from mini-game/bosses. I know, god forbid Jagex not cater to the tiny minority that call themselves pkers.

Aside from the telly update, these updates actually DO cater to pkers. I'm a pker... its what I enjoy most about the game and do the most. Getting items for pure cash was much more beneficial for me as a pker than waiting for half the junk you used to get from pvp to sell in the GE.

There isnt' much to worry about actual pkers causing any inflation. Because someone who spends the majority of their time pking is going to be taking a lot of gp out of the economy through use of consumables anyway. The only effect the economy will suffer is from people who don't normally pk that are 26king... and even then, i really don't think its going to be as drastic as everyone is making it out to be.

pandapk2.jpg

Before the update, people who were abusing the pvp system were actually bringing in REAL USEFUL ITEMS. At least it brings in supply of items so money can hold it's value. Now all it brings is money, soon RS could become the next Zimbabwe. (BREAD COST 1K PLZ.)

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

While it may cause short term inflation, there's probably something new and expensive in store to balance out the inflation.

Like better armor. (I hope.....) Or maybe a new skill...... *watches random people yelling about Sailing run past*

Or, horror of horrors..... TAXES!!! Complete with complicated annoying tax forms! :twisted:

But seriously, Jagex isn't stupid enough to not notice the inflation. And if they are, then they can't be stupid enough not to see the ranting on all the forums, both here and on the RSOF.

So chill and just wait. They'll develop a new money drain sometime soon, if they aren't already working on it.

a70c7.png