i need a new hardrive

r4ngewarlord

okay ive got a new laptop ( well my sisters old one ) and i dont have much space left because when i first got it, i only had 1.5gbs of free room, now im almost all out so i was wondering if i could buy something that gives me more room, like a new harddrive or something and if i do would i get to keep all my programs and stuff?

also how much would it cost to get one that gives me like 50-100gb of memory.

thanks and yes i am useless with these things. :wall:

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

You could get and external hard drive. Personally though i would buy a bigger internal driver as your not going to want to be dragging that around with your laptop on top of that usb/firewire isn't as fast. Your looking at roughly $50-$200 for for a 120GB hard drive depending on the speed of the drive. I would go as high as you can. I would also get as big of a drive as you can afford.

You could get and external hard drive. Personally though i would buy a bigger internal driver as your not going to want to be dragging that around with your laptop on top of that usb/firewire isn't as fast. Your looking at roughly $50-$200 for for a 120GB hard drive depending on the speed of the drive. I would go as high as you can. I would also get as big of a drive as you can afford.

id rather have and internal hardrive. but would that cost more and would i still have all my current things on my computer.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

id rather have and internal hardrive. but would that cost more and would i still have all my current things on my computer.

Price would all depend. Yes and No. If you put in a new hard drive internally you would not have all of your stuff. You would have to isntall an operating system to it and transfer over your important data.

well that sucks could i just put the stuff i have on my computer atm and put it on my memory unit then onto the new hardrive and repeat, untill ive transfered everything?

You could try but i don't think that would work.

well that sucks could i just put the stuff i have on my computer atm and put it on my memory unit then onto the new hardrive and repeat, untill ive transfered everything?

Files that are not part of a program (IE documents, music, movies, video game save files) should transfer just fine, but programs usually will not. You would need to reinstall them, as well as various computer drivers and the operating system.

For you, the easiest way would probably to just get an external drive. One like this would work just fine. With 320 GB of space and costing only 100 dollars with shipping, you would not need to transfer anything - just plug it in to your computer and go. If do want to replace your computer's internal hard drive however, could you please post the model number of the computer? It's needed to find a suitable replacement drive.

Hm, i bought a WD 640gb external for the same price in my heavyly taxed country. Altho, that one is quite alot slimmer than mine.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Yeah you can easily get a 640GB-1TB drive for around $100-$150. Hell, I'm just using a 1TB internal drive with an external enclosure (cost about $160 together) which works fine alongside of my laptop. Not very useful for stuff you want to have while still being mobile, but if you just use your laptop on a desk anyways it is well worth it. :thumbup: