Monkfish and Cooking Gauntlets

Zoov

I'm assuming they don't work, monkfish were added after the gauntlets. Can anyone verify?

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

An intensive study has shown that cooking gauntlets affect monkfish cooking success, but only slightly. At cooking levels over 80, the improvement rate averaged a mere 2.5%. Stop burning levels are not available at this time. Jagex has not announced any affect of gauntlets on cooking monkfish.

Apparently it does help some.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

cooking gauntlets have no effect on the burn rate of monkfish.

And where is your proof? I got some from someone who tested it and gave a % that they helped. Now its always possible to burn them, but cooking gaunts help you burn them less often, as what i found.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

And where is your proof? I got some from someone who tested it and gave a % that they helped. Now its always possible to burn them, but cooking gaunts help you burn them less often, as what i found.

Are there any items that prevent you from burning food so often?

Yes. After completing the Family Crest quest you will get the option to obtain a pair of Cooking Gauntlets as part of the quest reward. While wearing these gauntlets you will burn fewer lobsters, swordfish and sharks.

Are there any items that prevent you from burning food so often?

Yes. After completing the Family Crest quest you will get the option to obtain a pair of Cooking Gauntlets as part of the quest reward. While wearing these gauntlets you will burn fewer lobsters, swordfish and sharks.

Then how could the person from tip.it get that 2.5% when using them? Just because they don't add Monkfish on there doesn't mean it won't help.

GWD:

Then how could the person from tip.it get that 2.5% when using them? Just because they don't add Monkfish on there doesn't mean it won't help.

Its easy to get a 2.5% variation, perhaps the tester had a higher level while using them? or perhaps just got lucky? I'm 99 cooking and am 99% sure (along with thousands of others) that they have no effect on monkfish. You also stop burning monks at 90 by the way.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Its easy to get a 2.5% variation, perhaps the tester had a higher level while using them? or perhaps just got lucky? I'm 99 cooking and am 99% sure (along with thousands of others) that they have no effect on monkfish. You also stop burning monks at 90 by the way.

Ya i know they stop burning in the 90s, i just heard that they don't work and thought they didn't. Then i went and saw that on the tip.it guide and guess they helped some. They also stated that the rate is only for levels over 80. But 2.5% isn't very much any way.

GWD: