Onlineaion.com web layout, need C/C [VERSION4 UP] :O:O:O

Nadril

EDIT3: Version 4 is up

mnbx0.png

Not a big change, just messing around with the links a bit after some advice from Errdoth. Don't worry about the rest of it not really be changed, I'm taking your ideas into consideration (like moving around the logo). :)

---------

EDIT2: Version 3 is up.

[hide=]v2s46h.png[/hide]

I'm starting some different style options. I think the character (which is available from the Aion fansite kit, so totally legal to use) helps balance the site with the ad on the left (no doubt the ad is probably going to be pretty bright and flashy). I probably should try and get him to work with the layout better, going to try and think how to do that.

Also testing out some stuff with the top box, I kind of like what I'm going for right now.

------------

EDIT1: Version 2 is up.

[hide=]30wo3v8.png[/hide]

------------------

So I've been chosen to be a part of the team for Onlineaion, which is aiming to be an Aion Online fansite. They're planning on hopefully delivering a database, quest guides, a forums, a user gallery (can upload your own screenshots, fanart and such) and a news site/blog. As you can see on the site it certainly needs to be reimaged to something new, and that is my job.

I'm actually not getting paid much to do this site, but it is technically my first comissioned site -- even though I am going to be a part of the team, and eventually I will hopefully start to see some revenue stream from the site (once we can cover the costs of it on its own). For now I'm going to be getting a Copy of Aion for myself. :)

[hide=]onlineaiontemplate.png[/hide]

Right now this is purely layout. I've made no real attempt to stylize everything, only kind of throw out basic colors and ideas. Obviously the logo is unfinished (It will probably more match the AION text when I'm done) and the text is real rough, ect. Still I'm wondering what you guy's think of the layout. If you were a fan of the game looking for information (like hmm, I need to finish this hard quest... or I need to find out a certain item [Which reminds me I need to have a spot on there for items]) would you feel you could find it efficiently?

Obviously this is only the opening page. For the actual database idk what I'll do yet, but I'll probably do something like shrink the search page and such and and have the results under it. Likewise for guides I could probably do the same, just so all of that is in focus instead of the search bar/links.

I will need to have a space for adverts as well, I'm wondering where I could put them (probably needs to be on the sides/top).

So just looking for some basic layout ideas, don't worry too much on the more polishing side -- I'll get on that.

It looks pretty good so far.

Nice and simple.

The blue box looks kinda tall, lots of empty space, not sure if you are gonna put something else in there. If you arent you could make that a little bit smaller at least.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I might be able to make it a bit smaller. Part of it being that big atm is just so that it's the first thing that draws focus to the users eyes. I could probably make it a little smaller, and it certainly will be smaller on the more content specific pages.

Looks really nice right now. Lol you like the float in the middle of the screen design... What kind of MMORPG is it?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Looks really nice right now. Lol you like the float in the middle of the screen design... What kind of MMORPG is it?

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=800664&start=0

There you go.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm liking the layout and general colour scheme but I feel the text below the search box doesn't look right in the centered position.

OT: can't wait for Aion.

deadforumslol.png

I'm liking the layout and general colour scheme but I feel the text below the search box doesn't look right in the centered position.

OT: can't wait for Aion.

Do you think it would be better if it took up the entire center space under the search box? It's going to be a blog style thing so you'll scroll down and entries will be under each other (like joystiq.com or something).

30wo3v8.png

I decided to take into consideration of what you guy's said here. The grey box on the left is where I think the advert will go for the site, hopefully it isn't too bad of a placement. I also think that for the more information heavy pages that I will increase the darker blue box's width so it can hold more information.

Do you guy's think it's a good update? I'm trying really, really hard to make this not look like every other fansite out there while still being easy on the eyes and easy to find what you need. Also the slight change in color scheme is to match the style of aion's main website, aiononline.com. I think a major source of my inspiration right now are sites from the Allakhazam network, and looking at their sites they always try and match the game they are writing about's style.

Obviously this is still more rough planning stages, I'm really only figuring out layout and (basic) color scheme ideas right now. Hopefully this will allow me to do some more cool stuff with the layout as well.

Looks good so far.

The box looks a lot better.

Will you just have one ad, or are all the sides gonna have adds?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what he is planing for advertisements right now. Right now our current site only has one advert, so I assume it will probably stay that way for this one.

Hopefully I'm straying a bit away from ultra minimalism (I'm trying hard, but it's so tempting haha) while still keeping the site clean looking. It really is difficult to get something that doesn't look like other fansites out there.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what he is planing for advertisements right now. Right now our current site only has one advert, so I assume it will probably stay that way for this one.

Hopefully I'm straying a bit away from ultra minimalism (I'm trying hard, but it's so tempting haha) while still keeping the site clean looking. It really is difficult to get something that doesn't look like other fansites out there.

Are there any other Aion fansites (In english) or are any other being made?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Don't like the new BG Color... Though I do like darker colors so....

Offtopic: What is the guy in your avvy from.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

The head of this site wants me to probably 2 a dark and a light color scheme anyways, so I'll probably have a dark version too.

And my avatar is Firo from the anime Baccano!

I think matching the official site is the way to go in terms of making the fansite feel more official. I thought I'd just play around and throw something up for contrast purposes - it's rather terrible but I thought it could be handy in some way.

http://img5.gr4f.com/1a5b94e160.png

deadforumslol.png

The head of this site wants me to probably 2 a dark and a light color scheme anyways, so I'll probably have a dark version too.

And my avatar is Firo from the anime Baccano!

Oh, ok...

Watched a clip from Baccano!... looks really cool

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

I think matching the official site is the way to go in terms of making the fansite feel more official. I thought I'd just play around and throw something up for contrast purposes - it's rather terrible but I thought it could be handy in some way.

http://img5.gr4f.com/1a5b94e160.png

Yeah it does give me a few ideas, mostly style kind of stuff (I like the layout I'm going with here). I do know that I'm planning on doing a bit more with the background, afterall I have the fansite kit I can use fully from NCSoft. :)

v2s46h.png

I'm starting some different style options. I think the character (which is available from the Aion fansite kit, so totally legal to use) helps balance the site with the ad on the left (no doubt the ad is probably going to be pretty bright and flashy). I probably should try and get him to work with the layout better, going to try and think how to do that.

Also testing out some stuff with the top box, I kind of like what I'm going for right now.

I like that you added a character from the game. I was going to suggest that you add more pictures yesterday, but then I thought you were probably going to add some eventually anyway since you were only in the beginning stages of design.

Anyway, I think the site looks good and is really starting to come together with your recent update. I still think that the top box is too big (with the Search bar) but i think someone else mentioned that. There's just too much empty space so it looks too plain. I think you either need to add something there or make the box smaller.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'll mess with the size a bit, but I'm kind of happy with the size of the top box. After all I need it to hold some attention so users see it first. I'm probably going to end up making the search bar a little bigger too (errdoth is nagging me to do so) so that might help.

I think the search box is fine in terms of size. Perhaps you could play around with the positioning of the logo a bit more in terms of how much of it is inside the box/how much is outside. I feel the second box needs a bit of an edge to stand out a bit more.

deadforumslol.png

I think the search box is fine in terms of size. Perhaps you could play around with the positioning of the logo a bit more in terms of how much of it is inside the box/how much is outside. I feel the second box needs a bit of an edge to stand out a bit more.

Yeah I was only messing around with style on the top box currently, right now I'm working on the second one.