a way to stop drop trading.

banditx31

most people drop trade from 1 account to a noob account to help it get started.

jagex said Rule 8.

You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they

must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer

why not make it so that any items dropped onto the floor by a player will disappear as soon as he logged out. this will put a stop to drop tradin.

Lol, what is your point? We already knew this, and I doubt it will stop any drop traders from transferring items to their noob accounts. I don't do it, and never have, but I can tell you lots of people know about the rule, and do it anyways.

P.S. For the logging out thing, it wouldn't work. I am able to log into the same world on my main and noob account if I want to, so I techincally wouldn't have to log out to get the items from one account to the other. My main point is, is that if you tell someone not to do something, they'll always try to do it anyways. That's people for you...

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

good idea i guess, but what about people that X out with flowers ? and when u die is that considered dropping?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

P.S. For the logging out thing, it wouldn't work. I am able to log into the same world on my main and noob account if I want to, so I techincally wouldn't have to log out to get the items from one account to the other. My main point is, is that if you tell someone not to do something, they'll always try to do it anyways. That's people for you...
btw how come u can log on to the same world for 2 account i can log on 2 account but only on dif world.

• 1 month later...

I don't know why people have a problem with drop trading. Multi-logins are banned, so how else are we supposed to transfer items to our noob accounts?

Personally, I think this is a thing that Jagex...and most of runescape, care little about.

They've got their hands full with massive reports on scamming and macroing. I doubt they'll come after the people who are just trying to give their noob a few deaths.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

hmm.. but if so happens that u are playing noob account and main account @ the same time so how?

For example, main mining runite rox... (rox takes a long time to respawn..) so in the meanwhile play the noob.. illegal as well?

Man...people must not come up with ideas very often. I swear this was only on like the 3-4th page.

Anyway, my bad on that. I'll check the post date next time.

No, actually, it's just because no more people like Blaziken are around to throw around cheap, poorly thought-out ideas every 2 seconds. Most members who post here are sensible people, and know when to keep their mouths closed, and when to let their ideas flow out and grace the forums with their presence. In laymens terms, this is a mature forum.

Gah, anyways, beside the point. This is an old topic, one which should not have been bumped. No, excuses of "Well it was on the 3-4th page" won't work, because if you were sensible you'd check the "last posted on" spot to see if it was recently bumped, or if it has been rotting on another page somewhere for weeks.

We need a lock, please. Much appreciated. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

No. Drop trading isn't a serious problem, not to mention if you get a rare drop like left half and lag out you will never see it again. Even if you manage to log in less then a minute later.

No, actually, it's just because no more people like Blaziken are around to throw around cheap, poorly thought-out ideas every 2 seconds.

You just had to say that didn't you. Guess who decided to come back to tipit. :cry:

No. Drop trading isn't a serious problem, not to mention if you get a rare drop like left half and lag out you will never see it again. Even if you manage to log in less then a minute later.

No, actually, it's just because no more people like Blaziken are around to throw around cheap, poorly thought-out ideas every 2 seconds.

You just had to say that didn't you. Guess who decided to come back to tipit. :cry:

Oh my goodness...what have I done? :shock:

Anyways, yeah...to me, drop trading for serious reasons like (as The_Zobel said) getting a d half on a noob account (though not too many people have p2p noobs) would be bad if you couldn't trade it over to your main. I mean, sure...you'd be one hell of a rich noob...but it'd be useless if you never really played on that account anyways. :?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

i like the way people seem to be insisting so much that they DONT do multiple log ins/drop trades, even though they're incredibly fluent in the knowledge of how. As for this, it'll just cause far too many problems if bandits idea was implemented, as menitoned by other people already. i probably shouldnt have posted here, im not really helping this topic die.

Junkieman608.png

A better solution to this problem would be making it so you can't sign into a different account for 2 minutes, after logging out of a different one. (I doubt that made sense, but if it did... Then Ill be happy)

i like the way people seem to be insisting so much that they DONT do multiple log ins/drop trades, even though they're incredibly fluent in the knowledge of how.

I also know how to smoke crack. It doesn't mean I do it

As far as I'm concerned, I really think the rule is pointless. It's easy enough as it is to get the things you want in the game without going through the effort of earning it, so why have the rule in the first place?

Just because I disagree with the rule, however, doesn't mean I won't abide by it as long as it is in force.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

believe it or not, i never knew there was a rule against this until now. as for getting stuff to noobs, thats easy. would i make a difference if i gave my items to a trustworthy friend who then gave it to my noob?

i think the reason for this rule was to prevent drop trade scams, not to stop low levels from getting items. there is no way to stop people from transferring items from one account to another, and i cant see why this kind of transfer would be a problem for jagex

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

i actually think this rule was to stop an account having an unfair advantage over any other accounts of equal status./standing. but like someone said, it isnt the primary concern of jaegex, i think botters are.

if i have a level 3 friend and i give him/her lots of free valuable stuff, wouldnt that be the same thing? and its achieved through a "legal" trade, yet a low level player will be getting an advantage over other new players. nothing is wrong with this. as a community game, this is expected. of course, by making only certain items useable at a low level, jagex still makes sure that its a pretty even field for newbs. like i cant give a level 3 addy armor or a rune scim. i mean i could, but thay cant use it anyway.

the only thing i could think of why jagex would frown on this is to allow free members to get around the limited bank space by creating a new char and therefore doubling the amount of items you can have. but look at how many players hav multiple accounts anyway, so even for this reason i cant see the rule making sense

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

oh but there is a way to go around it , trade the items to a trusty friend and make him trade them to the nooby account , i bow and raise my hat if someone makes up a way to stop THAT :P

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)