So... What to do with all these Ores...

Knotch_Blade

I'm gunning it for 99 Mining, before you all say.. "Get Mining done first..." staple your hands to your desk, and read the damn post.

99 Mining will be easy for me, I love the skill so... jog on if you have anything to say about it.

[hide=The Plan]1 inventory of Clay

Copper/Tin to 50

Iron to some random exp past 96

Pure ess the rest of the way.[/hide]

Anyway, I'm banking all my ores/gems etc, to find out how much 99 Mining can really influence my character's stats.

Basically, I want to get the most out of these ores.

The obvious thing to do would be to start RuneCrafting the pure essence, I didn't plan on really using the runes I crafted, rather selling them to buy coal for smelting steel bars.

Now, It takes ~270-300K steel bars to 99 from 35 (cannonballs) and 49 (steel plates).

I have a dilemna, should I make cannonballs, and sell 'em and start training Magic with the profits, or make steel plates and alch them, for 3M Magic experience?

I am aware that all this is smithing is faaaaaarrr in the distance, and I still have the mining to do, but if there was a better course of action for my training, I'd like to know about it.

NOTE:

I am banking all my ores, regardless if people say "powermine n00b".

I am getting 99 Smithing off my ores, regardless of what people say.

TL;DR: I'm banking ores to 99 Mining. What should I smith for 99 with aforementioned ores. What should I do with the product created?

Thanks. :D

kk i would say cannon balls, with the profit you make you can easily get your mage up and another 2 skills to 99 (cooking/fletching/even herblore and farming)

300k steel bars===1200k/1.2mill cannon balls==== 240mill (assuming they sell for 200eac)

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I'm gunning it for 99 Mining, before you all say.. "Get Mining done first..." staple your hands to your desk, and read the damn post.

99 Mining will be easy for me, I love the skill so... jog on if you have anything to say about it.

Copper/Tin to 50

Anyway, I'm banking all my ores/gems etc, to find out how much 99 Mining can really influence my character's stats.

The obvious thing to do would be to start RuneCrafting the pure essence, I didn't plan on really using the runes I crafted, rather selling them to buy coal for smelting steel bars.

Now, It takes ~270-300K steel bars to 99 from 35 (cannonballs) and 49 (steel plates).

I have a dilemna, should I make cannonballs, and sell 'em and start training Magic with the profits, or make steel plates and alch them, for 3M Magic experience?

I am aware that all this is smithing is faaaaaarrr in the distance, and I still have the mining to do, but if there was a better course of action for my training, I'd like to know about it.

NOTE:

TL;DR: I'm banking ores to 99 Mining. What should I smith for 99 with aforementioned ores. What should I do with the product created?

You plan on mining 670k pure ess?

According to my calculations, it takes 1.4m ess to go from 50-99 runecrafting, so you wouldn't have enough ess to do it. You could get to 91, maybe 92.

You can mine about 1k pure ess an hour, so thats 670 hours. If you can mine for 670 hours, then go ahead. Just be warned that 670 is a long time (27.9 days to be exact).

In the time it takes you to complete all of your goals you could easily gotten 99 mining, 99 smithing, and possibly 91 rc in less time.

To answer your question, it takes 236k steel bars from 35-99 (assuming you smelt the bars too). I don't know the rate you can smelt/smith them, but do steel plates, they're the quickest method for smithing steel. Maybe you can alch them with the nature runes you would make from 91-99 runecrafting? And then you would get 99 magic too.

Unless you really want to be playing this game for the next 5 or so years I would just power mine and then pay for 99 smithing, but whatever floats your boat.

Copper/Tin to 50

NOTE:

According to my calculations, it takes 1.4m ess to go from 50-99 runecrafting, so you wouldn't have enough ess to do it. You could get to 91, maybe 92.

You can mine about 1k pure ess an hour, so thats 670 hours. If you can mine for 670 hours, then go ahead. Just be warned that 670 is a long time (27.9 days to be exact).

In the time it takes you to complete all of your goals you could easily gotten 99 mining, 99 smithing, and possibly 91 rc in less time.

To answer your question, it takes 236k steel bars from 35-99 (assuming you smelt the bars too). I don't know the rate you can smelt/smith them, but do steel plates, they're the quickest method for smithing steel. Maybe you can alch them with the nature runes you would make from 91-99 runecrafting? And then you would get 99 magic too.

Unless you really want to be playing this game for the next 5 or so years I would just power mine and then pay for 99 smithing, but whatever floats your boat.

You make it sound as though playing for another 5 things is a bad thing.

But to your plan, it sounds great.. I think you should make steel plates and alch them. It's kind of what I'm doing instead of steel its addy ;)

[hide=Plan]

1 inventory of Clay

Copper/Tin to 50

Pure ess the rest of the way.

NOTE:

You make it sound as though playing for another 5 things is a bad thing.

But to your plan, it sounds great.. I think you should make steel plates and alch them. It's kind of what I'm doing instead of steel its addy ;)

[/hide]

Its not necessarily a bad thing, I only said it to reference that it would take a long time.

I'm not sure why you would switch over to mining pure ess at 96 mining. It would make more sense to mine the 600k or so rune essence first, in order to make your other mining more efficient. I know, it won't make a huge difference in iron mining, but still.

Also, you should consider taking iron mining breaks to mine runite once you get to 85, to help pay for coal. In fact, you could mine enough runite to buy whatever quantity of pure ess & coal you want, after mining a sufficient quantity of iron (roughly 240k) to make the amount of steel bars you'd need to smelt & smith to reach 99 smithing. Not trying to dump on your method, just making suggestions.

Don't make cannonballs. Ever. They are horrendously slow XP, and the money you make off of them isn't great. You will also need to make more bars, since cannonballs only give about 2/3 of the XP you'd otherwise get from smithing your steel bars.

Finally, you might want to consider simply smelting the iron and smithing it, either into plates or knives. You will need to mine all the way to 99, just about, and find around 3m in funding for about 2400 rings of forging (although you will probably have a few hundred rubies with which to make your own - and probably enough gems to fund the rest) in order to smelt 100%. Varrock armor would speed this task up, if you wanted to go this way.

i would strongly recommend you use miscellania and entrana as your source for coal, plus a secondary income (like fish, herbs or maples) to recycle money back into your coffers. that would solve your coal problem. mining iron to 96 is a ridiculously tedious task. i dont have anywhere near the patience to take on something that boring and repetitive. at some point youll want to switch to other ores to break the monotony. also sc pickaxes would speed up your mining plus allow you a few needed breaks to play steacling creation. just my 2cents

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

^no, I think that Knotch wants to keep his ores in his bank for a while so MTK with ores would be stupid.

And he wants to mine them all himself...

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Well that rapes my idea of you getting 99 mining and then smithing.

:|

I'm mining ~300K iron, that gets me to ~96 Mining, then I was going to do the rest pure essence, and craft double cosmics/laws/deaths/nats etc for money, sell them, buy ~600K coal.

Get to smithing....

However, I have thought about the idea of mining iron, and crafting/enchanting forging rings and making iron (x), and then selling/alching....

As for the progress, I'm level 60 at the moment, and I've been sidetracked by a house disaster....

My mom came home from England, and the whole downstairs of my house was flooded (I'd been staying with my dad...), so we've had guys tearing out carpet/drywall, putting up fans/dehumidifiers and stuff, so I haven't had the time to play RuneScape...

:/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After doing the Knight's Sword, Elemental Workshop I and II...

I'll be 36 Smithing, then after my 2532 copper/tin is smelted into bronze and smithed... I'll be 46 Smithing.

Then if I smith and smelt all my iron from 99 Mining... I'll get ~14M smithing experience. :D

So... I'm liking the iron idea...

It'll get me way over 99 Mining/Smithing and... 89 Magic if I alch everything, and a nice 25M for me to sit on :P

lolololklr.png