Skate 2 Thread.

kingbrooks

Hey, I haven't seen a thread here for probably my favourite game at the minute : Skate 2.

This may not be the most popular game compared to COD, WoW etc, but I believe it is reasonably used.

Here you can discuss anything related to the game Skate 2, or the original Skate which I have no experience of, some things you may like to talk about are:

Your total cash

The Campaign

"Signature Tricks"

Favourite Spots

What your character looks like

Highest Hall of Meat

Highest score from a trick

The Music

Can't think of more at the minute, but discuss whatever you want! (about Skate 2 :lol: )

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

I never liked the skate games, havent really played em much anyway.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I was considering going out and buying Skate or Skate 2. I rented the first one and I loved it. Not really great at it but it's tons of fun. It was a huge jump from Tony Hawk - I played that for years and let me tell you, I was freaking AWESOME at it - but I prefer the analog stick system of Skate. Although flip tricks into manuals are really hard to pull off after years of the THPS tapping up-down simplicity.

Yeah, I'm gonna go buy Skate 2 right now I think. I want to play it. Haha. Thanks for reminding me of it.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I was considering going out and buying Skate or Skate 2. I rented the first one and I loved it. Not really great at it but it's tons of fun. It was a huge jump from Tony Hawk - I played that for years and let me tell you, I was freaking AWESOME at it - but I prefer the analog stick system of Skate. Although flip tricks into manuals are really hard to pull off after years of the THPS tapping up-down simplicity.

Yeah, I'm gonna go buy Skate 2 right now I think. I want to play it. Haha. Thanks for reminding me of it.

I agree with you, I love how they make the analog stick work like your feet movement, such as kickflip being from bottom left to top right movement with analog stick. Also unlike Tony Hawk you can actually get off your board! (I heard you can't in TH games).

Just remembered Skate 2 music kicks [wagon]! Gonna add that to first post.

Nah, they added getting off your board in Tony Hawk Underground. It was actually pretty good - you could jump and climb up buildings and stuff. Came in handy for getting to a few awesome spots.

neraftdfw1.jpg

To be honest its not exactly new :ohnoes:

I have no experience of the old controls but I would imagine they are similar.

Just Finished all the Own the Spot missions! :thumbsup: Now just pro left.

I really did go buy it last night. It's pretty fun so far. Pretty much the same as the first game with new stuff added. I was never really good at the Flick-It thing, even if I do really like it.

neraftdfw1.jpg

I love this game!! I only need one more achievement for 100% but I lost my disc :'(

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

100% :shock:

Ill be spending the rest of Summer doing those 7 pro missions. Especially the one in Duelling Snakes park.

Also does anyone know how to get to the last DW mission? It's on a hill and can't get up there in the sewer area.

I really do think that other than getting some betterr accuracy with the controls (Which might just be player fault), this game is nearly perfect. I love how there's no skill 'points' to buy, it's all about your personal skill with the controls. Also, all tricks are done using one stick, no button combinations to do x flip trick. Just flick it.

I don't even own the game. I'm also pretty damn good among my friends. I really should buy skate. (1), since I much prefer it do Skate 2. Also, lower price \'

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I really do think that other than getting some betterr accuracy with the controls (Which might just be player fault), this game is nearly perfect. I love how there's no skill 'points' to buy, it's all about your personal skill with the controls. Also, all tricks are done using one stick, no button combinations to do x flip trick. Just flick it.

I don't even own the game. I'm also pretty damn good among my friends. I really should buy skate. (1), since I much prefer it do Skate 2. Also, lower price \'

I think it is the player's fault, but it may be Skate's fault for making it so easy to make these mistakes (especially with Varial flip tricks in the game, you have to do a perfectly straight movement.)

I think it is the player's fault, but it may be Skate's fault for making it so easy to make these mistakes (especially with Varial flip tricks in the game, you have to do a perfectly straight movement.)

Yeah, I have to concentrate really hard to flick the analog stick straight at an angle and not around the side. So many times I'll shove-it instead of a flip because of that. Although I can do nollie 360 heelflips with the greatest of ease for some reason. :?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Yeah, I have to concentrate really hard to flick the analog stick straight at an angle and not around the side. So many times I'll shove-it instead of a flip because of that. Although I can do nollie 360 heelflips with the greatest of ease for some reason. :?

Everyone has a move that they always do I think, for me its 360 pop shuvits or double heelflips. My brother only ever does pop shuvit 180s.