Paying for membership by debit card

2handeddagger

It would be the same as a credit card. I use my debit card to pay for RS, and it takes the money out each month so its not a bad option imo.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

It's under the category PayByCash. Click that one and you should find later on that it gives you a bunch of different options. Debit transaction should be one of them.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

It would be the same as a credit card. I use my debit card to pay for RS, and it takes the money out each month so its not a bad option imo.

Gotta use the credit card thing. Debit is basically the same as credit.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

Use the credit option, and type in the number of your debit card, that is what I do, and it takes out the monthly charge every time my membership credit goes below 5 days i think.

Yes, but it says to type in an expiry date which my debit card does not have.

Use the credit option, and type in the number of your debit card, that is what I do, and it takes out the monthly charge every time my membership credit goes below 5 days i think.

Yes, but it says to type in an expiry date which my debit card does not have.

Does it have a visa or mastercard logo on it? A debit card is from a checking account, which will always have either symbol, a card number and an expiration date. Thats how it acts as a credit card also. Hope this helps a bit. ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

If your card has a Visa or Mastercard logo, its a credit card, not a debit.

Fundamental Difference between Credit and Debit:

Credit: Allows you to buy items regardless of whether you have that money in your bank. You pay a monthly fee on your purchases.

Debit: Used in the same form as cash. If you have $100 in your bank and you swipe your debit for a $5 purchase, you now have $95 in your bank. You cannot swipe for a $105 purchase as you dont have that much in your bank (whereas you can with credit).

OT: I dont think Jagex allows you to use debit. Atleast when I signed up for membership it didn't. Sign up for a free credit card with your local bank. It will help you build your credit history which will be useful later on.

equal_ibrium.png

Credit: Allows you to buy items regardless of whether you have that money in your bank. You pay a monthly fee on your purchases.

Debit: Used in the same form as cash. If you have $100 in your bank and you swipe your debit for a $5 purchase, you now have $95 in your bank. You cannot swipe for a $105 purchase as you dont have that much in your bank (whereas you can with credit).

OT: I dont think Jagex allows you to use debit. Atleast when I signed up for membership it didn't. Sign up for a free credit card with your local bank. It will help you build your credit history which will be useful later on.

Just because it has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it doesn't mean its automatically a credit card. I use a debit card from my bank to pay for RS Membs. I has all the same info as a credit card, just different uses.

And you can buy something at $105 if you only have $100, but you get charged an over draft if you don't put money in your account before it gets cleared. It works the same as checks, except you don't have to write them out.

GWD:

Just because it has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it doesn't mean its automatically a credit card. I use a debit card from my bank to pay for RS Membs. I has all the same info as a credit card, just different uses.

And you can buy something at $105 if you only have $100, but you get charged an over draft if you don't put money in your account before it gets cleared. It works the same as checks, except you don't have to write them out.

Can you cite a source or show me a pic of some sort of debit card that says Visa or Mastercard on it, because those 2 are credit card authorizers. A debit card is owned by a bank, wheras a credit card is owned by Visa or Mastercard.

Also, regarding overdraft, you are right. However, overdraft is the same thing that I said in other words. If you bought something for $105 when your balance was $100, you would have to pay $5 (and maybe some penalty) for the overdraft. That basically is the same thing as saying you cannot take out more cash than you have in your account. Which is what I said.

equal_ibrium.png

Can you cite a source or show me a pic of some sort of debit card that says Visa or Mastercard on it, because those 2 are credit card authorizers. A debit card is owned by a bank, wheras a credit card is owned by Visa or Mastercard.

Also, regarding overdraft, you are right. However, overdraft is the same thing that I said in other words. If you bought something for $105 when your balance was $100, you would have to pay $5 (and maybe some penalty) for the overdraft. That basically is the same thing as saying you cannot take out more cash than you have in your account. Which is what I said.

I would, but i'm not going to post a pic of my Debit Card just to prove a point. If you ever owned a debit card will will see. It has the name of the bank on it, for visa there is the little bird logo in silver and the visa logo.

And the bank can't just make the cards on their own. They get a company such as Visa or Mastercard. Debit Card Picture If you look at the picture on the far right, that is what a Debit Card looks like. Another difference between them is that debit card says Debit on them, check card, or bank card on there. Other then those they look exactly the same.

GWD:

I do have a debit card, but I see what you are saying. I think we are both right in this case. For example, heres a pic of my bank's debit card (not mine lol) and as you can see, theres no Visa, Mastercard logo (No not at the back either).

180px-Debit_card.JPG

So I guess its something thats dependent on the bank that is giving it to you.

Edit: I Think i found the source of our disagreement. Here's the quote proving that we are both right

[hide=Quote from Wikipedia]Although many debit cards are of the Visa or MasterCard brand, there are many other types of debit cards, each accepted only within a particular country or region, for example Switch (now: Maestro) and Solo in the United Kingdom, Interac in Canada, Carte Bleue in France, Laser in Ireland, "EC electronic cash" (formerly Eurocheque) in Germany and EFTPOS cards in Australia and New Zealand.[/hide]

equal_ibrium.png

Ya i think it has something to do with the country. I live in the states and all the debit/credit cards look the same. They get used the same. Most debit cards though can get used as credit cards, where you just sign. You also have the option to put a pin in.

So I think its safe to assume that the OP is probably from another country, as to that being the reason he/she can't use it as a Credit Card.

GWD:

Ya i think it has something to do with the country. I live in the states and all the debit/credit cards look the same. They get used the same. Most debit cards though can get used as credit cards, where you just sign. You also have the option to put a pin in.

So I think its safe to assume that the OP is probably from another country, as to that being the reason he/she can't use it as a Credit Card.

Yep. I live in Canada and we have slightly different rules here re. Debit Cards. Glad that is sorted out.

To the OP: If you aren't in States, consider asking your bank for a free Credit Card with the lowest spending limit possible ($500/month probably).

equal_ibrium.png