Indoor Cricket

Dontknowyet

So does anyone here play indoor cricket?

I do, and i love it, it has all the great things about outdoor and it doesnt have all the bad things..

For those who dont know, indoor cricket is a indoor version of cricket (well duh.) It is normally 8 a side, both teams batting once. The lenth of a innings is 16 overs, with 4 pairs batting, so each pair bats for 4 overs. If you go out you loose normally 3 or 5 runs, if you hit the net you get extra runs, plus you can run if you hit a 4 or a 6. Each player must bowl 2 overs also.

I been playing for about 3-4 years now. My highest indivual score is 38, highest partnership is 69 (same game :P) and now that i mention it im playing agaisnt that team tonight. I'm not the best player but i love the game and unlike alot of players i see i like to change my game style alot to suit the game, it doesnt always pay off and it often results me in loosing form.. but hay.. so if any of you play indoor out there leave us a line and maybe leave some your tips for those out there. Here are mine

1. Always remember that the game can change in 3 balls.

2. Never underestimate your oppistion

3. Conifdence is the best way for a team to win even though it is unlikely

4. Look at your oppent's weakness, say if a batsmen is blocking, bowl so he cannot block

Thats all i can say for now.. i play tonight so ill try and get some more for you all...

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104

I prefer indoor football (soccer for you illiterete bunch). I played that for about 2 years straight.

The indoor cricketers were usually playing when we would play, and they'd always be shouting and carrying on. Was really annoying. :P

I prefer indoor football (soccer for you illiterete bunch).

Oh, the irony.

:lol: :lol: ahaha :P

OT: I play cricket, but only a little indoor. I play in the Finnish young national team... and we/I might be participating in the athens 2006 cricket indoor games in next February. Should be a good laugh.

I'm more of a batsman than bowler, but I can bowl, if needed.

TIPS:

1) Keep the bowling very neat! don't go for pace, go for accuracy.. in short games it's all about line and length.

2)Bat off the front foot, so that there is less chance of LBW. I've noticed that very few balls are short in indoor cricket (since there isn't much chance of catching the ball IMHO).

3) BUT --> the leg glance and other snick shots are very effective.

ponderineq1.gif

TIPS:

1) Keep the bowling very neat! don't go for pace, go for accuracy.. in short games it's all about line and length.

2)Bat off the front foot, so that there is less chance of LBW. I've noticed that very few balls are short in indoor cricket (since there isn't much chance of catching the ball IMHO).

3) BUT --> the leg glance and other snick shots are very effective.

Umm not to be mean but some of your tips....

number 2.... there is no chance of lbw in indoor because aslong as the bat moves you cant be givin out.. and the chance of been caught off the nets is pretty high

number 3 is only effective for a while and if you are a very quick runner.. not trying to be mean just stating facts

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104