Cant Decide

Mouseball11

im currently an f2p powermining iron tryin to get 99 mining(I have 94 now) and im considering becoming a member to do granite as I hear its a lot faster. The problem is im only level 58 and I hear I need these waterskin things and they sound like such a hassle. So im just wondering exactly how much better is doing granite? Id like to have 99 mining before september 9th because thats when school starts.

GongFLOW.png

im currently an f2p powermining iron tryin to get 99 mining(I have 94 now) and im considering becoming a member to do granite as I hear its a lot faster. The problem is im only level 58 and I hear I need these waterskin things and they sound like such a hassle. So im just wondering exactly how much better is doing granite? Id like to have 99 mining before september 9th because thats when school starts.

if you do a quest (forgot which one) you don't have to bring waterskins, you can put up a enchanted water tiara (takes head spot) and use water runes on it to fill it.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The quest for the enchanted water tiara is 'Dealing with Scabaras'.

I very much doubt that a lvl 58 would be able to complete this quest, and the prerequisites for it. [i haven't even done it yet.]

I really have nothing to contribute to the topic of mining, though. :)

Yeah, a lvl 58 would most probably have some problems doing that quest...

I have done the quest myself and it's not really the easiest of quests.

Also, there's the requirement of 60 strength, not to mention 50 agility and 60 thieving (both member skills which I guess he has at 1 at the moment).

I'm not sure but I think the waterskins will get on your nerve... Boy was I happy when I got that tiara, I didn't even know it existed before I got it. xD

The exp from powermining granite would have to be quite a lot higher to make up for all the waterskin refilling (whether you do this with a cactus or through a bank, it takes up quite some time, not to mention spots in your inventory).

If you do decide to try it, get those desert robes Ali Morrisane sells, they reduce the need for water a lot so you can survive longer on the same amount of waterskins.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

Dealing with Scabaras is indeed kinda hard, but the main bottleneck for him would be the predecessor quest, which I believe is Contact! You need to battle a giant scarab that summons minions and would have a lvl 58 down in no time. So... you could still go p2p and just mine coal in the more empty mining guilds.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Granite is AT LEAST double the xp of iron.

You do need waterskins, but if you do quests for Lunars (Humidify) or Dealing with Scarabas (Enchanted Water Tiara), you cut down on the hassle.

Unless you plan on doing Dealing With Scabaras, don't become a member just to mine granite. You'll have to get your combat level up and a bunch of member's stats just to get to that point.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!