I need help

Star_Fox

I have a HP pavillion laptop with some of the parts missing and i wanted to get it fixed so i contacted Hewlett Packlard to fix the missing parts. They told me that in order to fix it, i need to pay $300-$400 USD! so i'm thinking of another way to break away from the this predicament.

here are my choices:

> my dad doesn't have a working computer so he's willing to take it for free.

> i could try selling on eBay but i have no experience and i don't have any access to free shipping.

> i could simply recycle the computer and save up for a new one.

any other suggestions? i'll try my best to check for comments. i'm using my brothers computer even though i'm not allowed to use it. >.>

few notes:

> the computer costed $711.66

> i don't have the receipt AFAIK.

> i AM NOT WILLING TO USE THE COMPUTER. i need it off of my sight so please do not suggest me to keep the computer.

> the hard drive/content/speed works perfectly.

> i had the computer since 6/6/09.

You really should have kept the receipt. They'd probably replace it if you did, because those are some big-[wagon] defects. Not really sure what you can do now, actually. Look really hard for the receipt? I don't think you'd just throw it away, I keep my receipts if I buy anything worth more than 50 dollars.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What are the missing parts

the right key of the mousepad, the USD thingie, and the stickers telling my serial and everything important.

You bought a stolen computer?

anyway, a new keyboard shouldn't cost you that much as long as you don't want a mad fancy one. And by USD I assume you mean USB, which probly can be solved just as easily. I can't imagine this all costing 400$.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

What are the missing parts

the right key of the mousepad, the USD thingie, and the stickers telling my serial and everything important.

You bought a stolen computer?

anyway, a new keyboard shouldn't cost you that much as long as you don't want a mad fancy one. And by USD I assume you mean USB, which probly can be solved just as easily. I can't imagine this all costing 400$.

not technically missing, i was using those parts for a brief moment and they managed to wear off. the reason why it costs so much is because they have to replace every parts of my computer instead of manually replacing just one part. (i know its stupid huh?)

You really should have kept the receipt. They'd probably replace it if you did, because those are some big-[wagon] defects. Not really sure what you can do now, actually. Look really hard for the receipt? I don't think you'd just throw it away, I keep my receipts if I buy anything worth more than 50 dollars.

my dad keeps a lot of receipts so he'll probably have it with any luck. i don't think Hewlett Packlard does replacing anymore since i asked the agent if i have any choice to fix my computer and said paying was only the option. :(

i ended up giving away my computer to my dad. he hesitated for a bit but i forced him to take it.

i had the receipt, but they wouldn't allow me to return it or fix it without warranty.

thread over. i won't be posting actively anymore...