Need help from experienced Woodcutters

oreocookie987

I'm level 79, planning on going all the way to the Skillcape. I've done my fare share of Woodcutting off course but I could still do with some good advice. I want to get 99 in the shortest amount of time, with the fastest xp. Some profit would be nice too, but its not necessarily essential. I've heard cutting/dropping Teaks on Ape Atoll is very fast xp, and that Willows or Maples are also fast plus they will make me money.

I'm pretty much asking for tips, suggestions, spots, links to guides, your previous method (if you have 99 or somethin), anything at all that could help me.

Thanks.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I'm going after 99 too, but want a compromise between profit / speed. But for xp I have heard that MAPLES ARE AWFUL, and that teaks are the best if you do the drop trick they are even better!

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

I got my 99 at draynor using dragon axe and beast of burden; I can't stand dropping and it doesnt require much attention to cut and bank.

Edit: willows won't make you hardly any profit but look at it this way, you can start making maximum profit at 99.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Eucalyptys is just a little less exp then dropping teaks, + you earn a nice ~30M from your level to 99.

I've been retired since last September and only just came back a month ago so I'm not familiar with this. Anything you can tell me? Or got any links?

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I did teaks on Ape Atoll for a level or so and they were good hell they were great.. even the amount of nests I was getting was ridiculously high (no rabbits foot either) I was quite amused... I would actually have to bank to clear up invent space just to be able to drop teaks at a decent amount/inv.. Then I tried the cut one drop one technique, like if you were mining granite, and let me say that gives you an enormous amount of exp boost over cutting an invent and dropping.

But all in all I ended up at Barb Outpost cutting and banking willows there. I finished with 42k willows logs which probably.. hell they definitely won't sell.. so I plan to just use them for junk trades if I ever make any.

If you can stand the dropping then by all means do teaks on Ape Atoll. If not then Willows shouldn't be bad... once you get into the high 90's (95+) maples arn't bad either. Just make sure its a fast respawn world and no crowds.. 2-3 others at most.

Also I hear Eucalyptus trees are good exp for those who don't want to drop invents of logs. Never tried em myself but just passing that knowledge onto you.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Eucalyptys is just a little less exp then dropping teaks, + you earn a nice ~30M from your level to 99.

I've been retired since last September and only just came back a month ago so I'm not familiar with this. Anything you can tell me? Or got any links?

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=762675

Here you go :) awesome guide, will teach you everything there is to know in the art of woodcutting :3

GL with getting 99 :D

Whoever told you maples and willows will make you money was dead wrong. Willows won't sell and maples are nearly worthless. You might as well chop oaks--they're just as valuable as maple logs, easier to sell, faster to chop, and you get way more nests.

Teaks are a great choice, though. You can drop them and get very fast xp. I can also highly recommend eucalyptus, that's the tree I used for 99 and most of the xp beyond 99.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=762675

Here you go :) awesome guide, will teach you everything there is to know in the art of woodcutting :3

GL with getting 99 :D

I second that! ;)