Cheapest way to train magic?

Tafkan

So, I need to raise my Magic by several levels. The problem is that I don't have any gold to spare, at all. So I need a way to train it by at least breaking even. Speed is not a concern, as long as it's over 10k or so per hour, though higher speed certainly helps. Any suggestions?

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

fist of guthix is free runes, although i dont kno how much you'd make an hour

Never played FoG, so are all runes free? Can I just run around spamming some high-xp ancient magics?

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

in fist of guthix there are two roles

the hunter: u chase your target before he gets a lot of charges (thats when you would mage)

The target: u run around try to stay around the middle for better charges the farther out the worse it is(charge wise)

you can only mage when your hunting i guess u could go to stealing creation and get double xp helms or somthing

deadlymaniac.png

You could unlock the b2p spell and make b2p tabs.Unlocking would cost around 600k (?) Would be beter if you got 67 costruction too...You can make about 400k in an hour and get 20k - 26k xp in an hour.

Oh and unlocking the spell might get you to around 76 magic.

fist of guthix is free runes, although i dont kno how much you'd make an hour

Never played FoG, so are all runes free? Can I just run around spamming some high-xp ancient magics?

Sinkhan's Quick and Dirty Guide to Auto-Failcasting FoG for Free Magic XP

Steps

1. Get a full set of metal armour (Bronze is fine) and then any d vambs and any metal boots.

2. If using regular magic spells: Get a regular staff. Not a magical staff, not a elemental staff, not Zuriel's Staff. Just the plain old +4 magic staff.

If using Ancients: Get an Ancient Staff

3. When hunting begin autocasting your best offensive spell (Highest Magic XP)

Analysis of Methodology

From new players to pures to poor people, FoG is commonly used to raise magic XP for cheap. However, they generally aim to kill their opponent when they are the hunter, which is their biggest mistake.

Under the best case scenario, a player could have 99HP and use all of their bandages. At most, this is a mere 150 magic xp (XP in FoG is halved, unfortunately). This amounts to about the same XP as just 8 castings of Fire Blast, the best F2P spell. However, once you realize that most people don't have 99 HP and the whole autodamage system is in effect, it's much lower.

The best thing to do then is to capitalize on your time hunting and failcast as many spells as you can, getting all of the base XP. Since you have remarkably low magic bonus, you'll pretty much never hit. You spend more time on casting - you don't have to be hunted as much or have to wait in the lobby as much.

Rates

Spells are cast once every 2.4 seconds. At 17.25 per casting of fire blast, this amounts to 25875XP per hour as a cyclic rate (I'm not sure what would be the correct term, so a I brought in something from automatic weapons :roll: ) Actual rate will probably be closer to 20K-22K with the lobby wait time and hunted time. If you're P2P, this ramps up to 40500XP per hour if you cast Miasmic barrage :lol:

Pros

-Free ::'

-Requires minimal attention since you autocast and wait (I watch YT vids :thumbsup: )

-OK xp rates

Cons

-There are much more efficient methods of gaining magic xp out there (Fail Cursing, Superheating, Alching). However, these require much more attention

-Wait time is a bit of a bother

-Sometimes targets run away from you, but that shouldn't be much of a problem

Conclusion

This is an improvement upon basic FoG magic xp gains where one simply attempts to kill their opponent. It is by no means the most efficient method other there, but is excellent for those with VERY little money, have very low levels, or don't want to pay much attention to RS itself, but still want to gain magic xp.

• 4 weeks later...

Glassmake profits and gets nice magic/crafting xp.

There are multiple ways to train magic while making a profit. Humidifying vials, charging air orbs, maging monsters with profitable drops, superglass make, or just taking breaks to earn money some other way. Just off the top of my head.