Vinesweeper

Robert_R

Ok so i've gotten into farming and want to play vinesweeper while I wait for herbs to grow. The problem is I have no idea what i'm doing in there. I know the basics like digging and making numbers appear, where to get flags, what to do about rabbits, etc. But, what I want to know is what is this strategy I see so many people using? They know some strategy that I just can't seem to figure out and they always get the flags right. They told me that it's about patterns but I still can't figure it out.

Can someone help me figure these out or maybe even tell them to me?

Please don't tell me things like "vinesweeper is a waste of time go make money while you wait"

The basics are quite simple to explain.

Every square has 8 squares around it.

If you click one square and you get a 1, that means that one of the squares around the square you clicked contains a 'bomb' (or in case of vinesweeper a seed).

If you get an 8 it means all 8 of them have a seed.

Now what you have to do is find a few numbers next to each other and then try to find out using those numbers where the seeds are and where they are not.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

Thanks but I already knew that, I put in the post that I knew the basics like that.

Oh, i didn't read it carefully :lol: , but one thing is, I never found vinesweeper to be really useful, but if you really want to play, do it on the official world, because you can get points for seeds that other players have flagged, too.

As far as stratedgy goes, dig up a big space first, then flag multiple holes, because if you flag one at a time, the field resets too often.

Staurolite.png

The basics are quite simple to explain.

Every square has 8 squares around it.

If you click one square and you get a 1, that means that one of the squares around the square you clicked contains a 'bomb' (or in case of vinesweeper a seed).

If you get an 8 it means all 8 of them have a seed.

Now what you have to do is find a few numbers next to each other and then try to find out using those numbers where the seeds are and where they are not.

Hmmm thanks I think I understand that. I'll go practice in a world with no people so I don't have people digging where i'm trying to practice this.

And, sorry for the slow response, I had school today :(

there are a few paterns that you can tell wether or not there is a number or seed there

i can only explain one of them easily

let us say you have a 9 by 9 square

* * X

* X *

the 2 x's are 1s for instance

if you were in the corner or the mounds around on the sides next to them are empty you can dig the one in the corner

it is hard to explain

sorry

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Hmm so basicly the whole game should be played using a 9x9 square instead of searching a large area? I mean like just focus on those 9 squares and don't bother with the other ones until you found the seed(s)?

Problem is usually other 9x9 squares interfere with the one you are trying to focus on, and you will also run into "blank spots" which will clear a large number of mounds (And net you a fair number of points too :thumbsup: ).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Problem is usually other 9x9 squares interfere with the one you are trying to focus on, and you will also run into "blank spots" which will clear a large number of mounds (And net you a fair number of points too :thumbsup: ).

Hmm one more thing to add to the list of complicated things about vinesweeper :lol:

Hmm one more thing to add to the list of complicated things about vinesweeper :lol:

i didnt really mean to work just wth a 9x9 square that is just slow

i was just using it as an example

also if you get a empty spot with a bunch of mounds with no numbers around the edge of the empty spot all of the mounds are numbers :thumbsup:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I like to play alone more then on those busy worlds, everyone always messes up my work by planting flags as soon as they see a spot.

The way I do it is I cover up an enormous area and then plant 10 flags at once.

I seem to get more points this way and it's a lot more fun to do too.

My little brother likes this too so sometimes we'll go together and do an even bigger area and then both plant our 10 flags at once.

The problem if you plant a flag as soon as you see one is that the area around that flag will be reset. There might be more seeds in that area and I already have numbers in that area too with which I can continue seeking seeds.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif