When should I buy a DFS?

Lap

So I finally killed enough Avianses to get 21m, so I wanted to finally buy myself a dfs. I looked at the price and noticed that it was dropping. I also saw that the graph over 180 days looks like the now commong, J shape. So when do you guys/gals reckon this inflation will go down? (or if it will). All help is appreciated.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Its a nice shield to have but I don't think you should buy it unless you have a lot of money to throw around. If your still planning to stay at Avianses then I would suggest you look at a Blessed spirit shield which is an alternative from dfs that has no offensive limitations along with a +3 prayer bonus, also around 4x cheaper.

randomkcopyq.png

The spirit shield is ABSOLUTELY nowhere near as good as a DFS. The DFS is the penultimate shield class. It is excellent for ranging aviansies, killing any dragon (of course), tanking at bandos if you don't have guthans, maging at Dagganoth kings, ranging at zil, and it has a myriad or other uses. However, don't buy one unless you are: A) Going to use it a TON right away, such as camping at aviansies or killing green dragons for a few mill cash or B) have at least 2-3m to spare after you buy it. The only reason I sold mine is because I wanted an AGS more.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You have to remember that something as trivial as a Rune Defender produces effects that far outweigh the Dragonfire Shield.

Sure if you have a spare 21M cash to throw around buy one for [cabbage]s 's and giggles. But the +4 Strength and +12 Attack bonuses of the Defender for the low time/price cost HUGELY outweigh the need for a Dragonfire Shield.

Also: @ Stonewall..

Fighting Dragons: Anti Dragon Breath Shield = 0gp. Works just as well but not good stats.

Ranging Av's/Bosses/Jad: Granite Shield/Unholy Book. Not as good defence but close enough Range.

I bought one a long time ago and sure its a new thrill at first but i just don;t think it is really the greatest shield. It tries hard but somewhat fails to step up for the cost of it. For 21M i would expect a SHIELD to be a lot more kickass.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

The spirit shield is ABSOLUTELY nowhere near as good as a DFS. The DFS is the penultimate shield class. It is excellent for ranging aviansies, killing any dragon (of course), tanking at bandos if you don't have guthans, maging at Dagganoth kings, ranging at zil, and it has a myriad or other uses. However, don't buy one unless you are: A) Going to use it a TON right away, such as camping at aviansies or killing green dragons for a few mill cash or B) have at least 2-3m to spare after you buy it. The only reason I sold mine is because I wanted an AGS more.

The blessed spirit shield has no negative range or mage bonus so its better for aviansies, maging at dag kings. Why would you have a DFS but no guthans when your tanking? Guthans would be a much better choice. Its definitely not needed for green dragons, they are extremely easy to kill. And you should try to have at least 6-10mil left after buying incase you die and lose some other items, 2-3mil isn't much anymore. When the DFS was around 15mil is was a little bit better of a choice but still not quite a good choice. If it dropped back down I would consider buying one again.

Assassin1357.png

Guys/ladies, he is asking WHEN. Nothing to do with if it is overrated nor something else have better stats. We should be discussing what price should we start buying and what price we should sell it... It is all about price and GE.

DFS... Maybe not now, it is dropping. I'd say GE low is reasonable but if you can wait, wait untill 20m is avaible in GE low.

Blessed Spirit shield? Oh hey it is rising, but you dont know when it would crash. There is a risk, but you might gain a profit with the trend.