Discovery Channels: "The Colony"

PumpkinPete112

So has anyone been watching this show on Discovery. Its quite entertaining, the premise is that I believe 10 people are stuck inside a simulated "end of the world" scenario, and must fight to survive for 10 weeks. It is directed by the same guy who does "Deadliest Catch".

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/colony.html

While it is true that this could be staged, Sociologically it is possible that they will actually believe they are in this situation. (Actually on the newest episode, the psychologist, who comments on what is happening, states that they probably have accepted it as reality.)

The Stanford Prison Experiment is one such case (it is very famous in Sociology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

More Info: http://realitytv.suite101.com/article.c ... the_colony

Deff watch this if you can (new episodes every Tues at 10est, with reruns whenever)

BTW, season 2 is already confirmed and that season will have a theme

Sig

I watched 25 minutes of it and got bored, I never get bored of anything from the Discovery or History channel. This is the first show ever that has done that to me.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I watched 25 minutes of it and got bored, I never get bored of anything from the Discovery or History channel. This is the first show ever that has done that to me.

It is especially boring at first, but it gets interesting.

Sig

Too much drama is the only problem I have with it. Or at least too much similar drama. I want something other than Mike and pretty much anybody having a yelling match, then Mike whining about how they all think they're better than him because they have degrees, then everyone realizes that he's the only one who can do anything important (almost the only one, some of them are pretty good but the rest can't do many productive things).

Anyways, that aside I like it. Has some good information in parts of it, some solid entertainment, and is a fairly good experiment (even though I think off camera they get to get food, water, etc). All the show needs is zombies.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to check it out for some time.

By the previews I havent been able to tell if it was like a reality show or just a drama.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I change my mind, I really like this show now. Its gotten interesting.

All the show needs is zombies.

QFT.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I don't like it. I lost all interest after the producers sent out "bad guys" to harass the "colonists" (mostly by making loud noises) and the narrator said, "They can't actually hurt them, but they don't no that." BULL CRAP. Even a five year old would know that a TV show cannot intentionally harm anyone for any reason. Those people know it's fake. They auditioned for it. For me, the BS drama and the way-to-into-it narrator wreck it.

10_joelmike2.jpg

What is this doing on my Discovery Channel?! :thumbdown:

The discovery channel sucks [wagon] now.

So does just about every other channel.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!