Dark Bow vs. Magic Bow?

squidsquash

I am about to obtain 60 ranged, and I want to get it MUCH higher than that. I probably will train it until it is about the same level as my Melee skills are (around 75-80ish)

So I want to know if I should buy a Dark Bow for ranged training.

My friend told me the Dark Bow is similar to Dragon Claws, good for pking, bad for training. Is this true?

JacTheRipper.png

Train with Bronze Knives or Rune Crossbow (and mith bolts or broad bolts if you have the required slayer level)

Magic short bows are outdated for training. You use bronze knives when training on things with low range defence like caged ogres or Yaks. You use Rune Crossbow for everything else. Simple as that.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Don't use the darkbow, simply because it slows your xp/hr down a lot.

For training use knives or a rune c'bow when you can (level 61). Knives are very quick and cheap to use. When I was a member I used knives for training.

The reason I wouldn't use a magic short/longbow is because with knives and c'bow it allows you to have a shield while a bow you cannot have one.

Shield wise I would use a zamorak prayer book, +8 range attack but use any defensive shield you have if not safespotting while training or high level combat monster.

behold_lies.png

Train with Bronze Knives or Rune Crossbow (and mith bolts or broad bolts if you have the required slayer level)

Magic short bows are outdated for training. You use bronze knives when training on things with low range defence like caged ogres or Yaks. You use Rune Crossbow for everything else. Simple as that.

This. even fire giants, or armoured zombies can be killed using bronze knives. If you have 55 slayer, I would personally recommend a runite crossbow and broad-tipped bolts > anything.

Sumondskull6.png

If you have 55 slayer, I would personally recommend a runite crossbow and broad-tipped bolts > anything.

That has any sort of defence. Otherwise, bronze knives or my own personal favourite, steel darts, would be preferable for the speed bonus.

Magic bow has its used but not much since Rune C bow has outdated them.

If you want drops use Rune C bow in chaos tunnels on green dragons or blue dragons in falador (other spots too).

Problem with D bow is that its so slow but it does hit often. Spec is really only good for pvp though with dragon arrows.

Bronze knifes are best for training for xp and great on the yaks.

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

If you want drops use Rune C bow in chaos tunnels on green dragons or blue dragons in falador (other spots too).

Problem with D bow is that its so slow but it does hit often. Spec is really only good for pvp though with dragon arrows.

I remember back in the day I bought a D bow to train with. As far as I remember, it honestly wasn't THAT bad. It is slow, yes, but it is very accurate, and two arrows at once is just cool. <3:

I should honestly buy a D bow + like mith or addy arrows and test that with maxed void and rune cbow with broads with maxed void. Do 10 different monsters, 5 with high defense, 5 with low defense. Time per kill, shots per kill? I think it'd be interesting to see if the dark bow really is as bad for training as people make it out to be.

Sumondskull6.png

I remember back in the day I bought a D bow to train with. As far as I remember, it honestly wasn't THAT bad. It is slow, yes, but it is very accurate, and two arrows at once is just cool. <3:

I should honestly buy a D bow + like mith or addy arrows and test that with maxed void and rune cbow with broads with maxed void. Do 10 different monsters, 5 with high defense, 5 with low defense. Time per kill, shots per kill? I think it'd be interesting to see if the dark bow really is as bad for training as people make it out to be.

Or you could use Rune crossbow and broad bolts for faster kills and less money on ammunition

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.