Broadcasting an ethernet connection

Lemeja

I currently have wi-fi capabilities on my desktop computer with a USB adapter. I also have a wired connection using Ethernet and I was wondering if there was some way to broadcast the Ethernet connection so I could connect to the internet with things like Wii, laptops and things like that.

Here's a picture of my adapter...

base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI433260.jpg&size=4&dhm=43c6f3eb&hl=en

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I currently have wi-fi capabilities on my desktop computer with a USB adapter. I also have a wired connection using Ethernet and I was wondering if there was some way to broadcast the Ethernet connection so I could connect to the internet with things like Wii, laptops and things like that.

Here's a picture of my adapter...

base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI433260.jpg&size=4&dhm=43c6f3eb&hl=en

If you use Vista (not sure how to in XP) the go to Start > Control Panel > Network And Sharing Centre and then on the left panel click on Set Up a Connection or Network. After that click on Set up an ad hoc (wireless computer to computer) network, click next, click next, give the network a name, change the security type to WPA2-Personal, and choose a password you will remember and write it down to be safe. Check Save this network and then click next. Once the network is set up there should be an option to Share My Internet Connection which you must click on, after it is set up close the window and enjoy connecting wirelessly. :D

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well unfortunately I am on XP but I'll see if I can find the equivalent...

I have Client Skills in 1 hour and a half, I'll be able to figure it out for you then, that is if you haven't already. Either way it will help others wanting to do the same thing.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

If it shows up on network connections you could try bridging the connections.

Start->Network Connections

Select the wired connection, hold shift and select the wireless connection. Right click "Bridge".

Should work if the wireless connection shows on the network connections.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I read the manual. I'm trying to basically get wireless internet in my house without a router.
If an ad hoc connection doesn't work, then I think you're out of luck. Routers wouldn't be as popular if this were a feasible approach. In addition, a router would rely a signal stronger than that of a computer. And, as far as I know, wireless cards (including your USB dongle) only gather the information and the interpretation is done by the computer.

Sharing a wired connection would be easier, despite not yielding the same results.

hopesolopatriot.jpg