All Quest Calculator Feedback Here

Hi guys,

Our quest calculator has a lot of bugs because of the way it works. If you find a bug, please post it here so we have all the bugs centralized.

Known bugs:

- Recipe for Disaster Sir Amik Varze does not show requirement to beat lvl 227 dragon (listed as required by Jagex)

While Guthix Sleeps does not show requirements for Warriors Guild (130 att and str), and defeated Bork

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 1 month later...

[hide=issue rolled up to main post: marking subquests as done does not show in other quests depending on them. Thanks for posting.]I've got 2 issues atm.

1. Fur and Seek says I still require Rag and Bone man even though its marked as complete (the sub quest marked as complete too).

2. Great Brain Robbery says I need to complete Recipe for Disaster even though its marked as complete (all of the sub quests marked as complete too).[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think that is a "known bug" as mentioned in Cowman_133's post.

"Marking off subquests or all subquests will not mark the main quest as being done."

So your calculator still interprets that you need to do those quests even though you've done all of the subquests.

Basically, in the calculator's current state, it does not recognize that you have in fact completed those quests despite that you have marked off all the subquests.

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

• 2 weeks later...

[hide=rolled up your WGS requirement issue to main post, thanks for letting us know!]The quest calculator is incorrect, you need 130 combined attack and strength to start While Guthix Sleeps.[/hide]

303 qp, total lvl 1984+

greengrrl.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a new account and can't find a way to clear the list of quests completed in the quest calculator. It states "You have finished all quests and currently have 1 quest points. Congratulations!"

Using Firefox with noscript extension. I've unmarked all the quests in the Quest List and saved it. I've deleted all tip.it cookies, internet cache, allowed tip.it in noscript. Still no satisfaction. Any suggestions?

Edit: Interesting update. I tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and they both give the same results. How/where is this information being stored?

[Crew edit: This has been corrected now and should be displayed on the calculator. :thumbup: - Speedyshel]

barrowsmhuntcape,AlienBB.gif

• 4 weeks later...

[hide=known bug in Evil Dave, Awowogei has been fixed, have added level 227 monster to main post, thanks for letting us know!]Recipe for disaster

Evil Dave:

completed shadow of the storm quest

completed gertrudes cat quest

25 cooking

Monkey ambassador:

completed monkey madness quest

48 agility

70 cooking

Sir amik varze:

completed lost city quest

started legends quest

able to defeat a level 227 monster

all of the above are the correct requirements. as i am doing recipe for disaster i would know.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

[hide=known bug in qp total, thanks for posting][Crew edit: Merged here from another topic.]

I wasn't sure where to post this but here seems to be the most appropriate place. When using the quest calculator, my total quest points is incorrect because of Fur 'n' Seek, Rag and Bone Man and Recipe For Disaster. Even though completing all parts of Rag and Bone Man and Recipe For Disaster and completing the first part of Fur 'n' Seek quest, the quest links still show when the completed quests are complete. I've posted a couple of pictures to illustrate what I mean.

Showdone.jpg

Hidedone.jpg[/hide]

[Merged along with the above post]

Hi Lykaios1989,

Thanks for the submission. This is a known bug with the quest calculator as can be found in the Quest Calculator Feedback topic. If you have any other quest calculator feedback or corrections you wish to inform us of, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again!

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

• 4 weeks later...

[hide=known bug in qp total, thanks for posting]Adding to 2 posts above the current system currently counts quest points from the Recipe for Disaster quest (10) AND the quest points from all of the subquests (10) resulting in it calculating the Recipe for Disaster quest as having 20 quest points. Normally this would result in returning a quest point total of 305 quest points is you have every quest completed, however there is another bug, I'm not sure where, that results in the quest calculator returning a quest point total of 309 quest points if you have all quests marked as completed. As of now the maximum number of quest points is 295; 9 quest points below that.

[Crew edit: The additional quest points are from the other subquests doing the same thing (calculating twice). This bug is known and will be looked at. Thank you, Tecmaster532! :thumbup: - Speedyshel][/hide]

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

[hide=known bug in qp total, thanks for posting]The quest calculator isn't gathering the correct information when I input my name. Runescape states in-game that I have 259 quest points. The quest calculator here states that I have 272.[/hide]

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

"Dance with me, Death." Bringer of death. "I am ready."

Thanks for your submission Saliris! We are aware of this bug at the moment and will try to get it resolved as soon as time permits. As Tecmaster532 mentioned above your post, the calculator is currently including the quest points from the quest link as well as the subquests listed beneath it. Thanks again for the submission, we will try resolve this as soon as possible :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

• 2 months later...

Alrighty, cool. ^.^ To be honest, I'd completely forgot that I'd even posted in here. >.<

Anyway, I just came across another slight bug (I think) in the Quest Calculator... It's showing that I need to complete King's Ransom before I can start Nomad's Requiem; funny thing is, I've already done King's Ransom, way before Nomad's Requiem was even added.

2z5ismg.jpg

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

Hey, did you have to click the 'Show' button in order for it to display the quest? I only ask because that was the case with me. It hid the quest because I checked it off the completed list, but it was not highlighting the box green. Just wanted to be sure whether it was failing to hide it after it was checked off or if it was just failing to change the box's color.

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

Yes, King's Ransom is checked off on the list of quests. The part of the image with the quest list is how it appears in my browser. On all the remaining quests in the calculator, the ones with quest requirements I've met have the text "You did all the quests" above the Show/Hide buttons; this one does not, despite the fact I've completed the only quest requirement. And, yes, I did click "Show" because I was curious as to what quests I needed to complete.

fuer grissa ost drauka

^.^

fuer grissa ost drauka

^.^ Coolness.

fuer grissa ost drauka

• 1 month later...

It's just a minor, annoying, detail. Often use the quest calculator to check what I can do, and every time A Fairy Tale III show up nice and green, so I go off to start that one, only to realize there's a summoning requirement too. The calculator doesn't show that, it's in the guide though, just a small detail yes.

Edit: Same goes for The Curse of Arrav.

benne^

[Crew edit: This has been fixed. Thanks you! :thumbup: - Speedyshel]

benneburg3aq.png

It seems the quest calculator only shows the Summoning requirement that is needed AFTER the player already has met the requirement. When I entered a Summoning level below the 37 required for FTP3, it didn't list the Summoning requirement at all. We'll have a look at this. Thanks!

- Speedyshel

c15800d76c.png

It's just a minor, annoying, detail. Often use the quest calculator to check what I can do, and every time A Fairy Tale III show up nice and green, so I go off to start that one, only to realize there's a summoning requirement too. The calculator doesn't show that, it's in the guide though, just a small detail yes.

Edit: Same goes for The Curse of Arrav.

benne^

This has now been fixed. All summoning requirements for quests are now working as they should. I've also added Dungeoneering to the calculator. There are not quests at this moment that require a certain level in Dungeoneering, but I expect those to be added by Jagex some day.

Xena_Dragon.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe this is just me:

On the quest calculator page, on the A Void Dance, the box where the skills requirement is is red with nothing listed in it. The required quest box is green and says there are no required quests. This is false. Could just be something weird on my side though.

CREW EDIT: This has been fixed, thanks ~Howlin~