Jakehh

Contents

(I). Introduction

(II). Stats required

(III). Quests recommended

(IV). Equipment and inventory required

(V). Attack Plan

(V - a) - Getting there.

(V - B) - Using quests to your advantage when travelling.

(V - c) - Kill order and tactics

(VI). Attack plan for more than one run per inventory

(VII). Conclusion

(VIII). Credits

(I). Introduction

Firstly, this guide is more of a complaition and variation of many guides here, personally I've found this very effective but results may differ, by saying this it also means you cannot instantly go "Hey, [X] was in another guide, wouldn't that be plagiarism." without it losing meaning.

On the front of runs per inventory, I can only manage one but if you can handle karil without prayer and without using lots of food i'm sure you could manage at least 3-4, maybe even 5.

(II). Stats required

- Bare minimum stats (Please note I do not include quest requirements here!)

Attack - 60+

Strength - 60+

Defense - 60+

Magic - 50+

Slayer - 55+

Prayer - 43+ (I strongly recommend higher.)

(Optional)

Construction - 50+

- Recommended minimum stats

Attack - 75+ (Hit more often on Karil, me and him have this 0, 0 DDS thing :wall:)

Strength - 80+ (Hit harder on Karil)

Defense - 80+ (Likely to be about 85 if your wanting to no pray Karil, would like input on this!)

Magic - 70+ (Bigger hits from slayer dart.)

Prayer - 70+ (More pray; more room on karil.)

Agility - 50+ (Who doesn't like getting energy faster.)

(III). Quests recommended

Priest in peril - Needed

Ghosts Ahoy - If you dont have 50+ con this is needed for fastish runs.

In search of the Myreque - To provide the trapdoor shortcut in Canifis.

In aid of the Myreque - Maybe a alternate to Ghosts ahoy and 50 con, due to the bank.

Desert Treasure - Canifis teleport

Horror from the deep - Prayer books.

(IV). Equipment and inventory required.

My personal equipment:

090821161446.png

Helm:

Torag's/Verac's helm > Dragon Full > Helm of Neitznot > Berserker helm > Farseer Helm

Necklace:

Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > God stole

Chest:

Torags chest > Dragon Plate > Dragon Chain/Granite Body > Rune Plate

Cape:

99 cape (t) > Fire cape > 99 cape > God cape (Trail) > God cape (Battle mage) > Legends cape

Legs:

Torag's legs/Verac's skirt > Dragon platelegs/skirt > Granite legs > Rune legs

Shield:

Dragonfire Shield > Crystal Shield > Dragon SQ > Zamorak Book > Guthix Book > Rune Kite

Boots:

Bandos Boots/Dragon Boots > Rune Boots > Mystic/Infinity Boots

Gloves:

Barrows Gloves > Rune Gloves > Any

My personal inventory:

stats161411.png

Ranged armor:

Karils > D'hide

Ranged weapon:

Crossbow/Crystal bow > Magic Shortbow > None (Ahrim can be melee'd however it takes time with no special bar :))

Main melee weapon:

Godsword > Saradomin sword > Abyssal Whip > Dragon scimitar > Dragon long

Alternate melee weapon:

Dragon dagger (p++) > Dragon dagger (p+) > Dragon mace > Dragon long > Dragon dagger

Extra shield:

Mage book > Zamorak book > Guthix Book > Any other attack or ranged boosting shield > Food

Teleport:

Teleport to house > Ectophial > One click teleport (If your banking in burgh de rott.)

Prayer restoration:

Super restore potion > Prayer potion

Food:

Shark > Pizza > Monkfish > Swordfish > Lobsters

Additional slot:

Holy wrench > Food

(V).Attack plan

(V - a). Attack plan - Getting there

mapfmq.png

(V - B). Attack plan - Using quests to your advantage

As you can see, the red and black paths are clearly the fastest (red being recharge prayer at your home WITH AN ALTAR AND KHARYLL PORTAL)

this greatly increases the amount of runs per hour.

(V - c). Attack plan - Kill order and tactics.

Kill order: Dharok > Karil > Ahrim> Verac > Torag/Guthan > Guthan/Torag

barrows_map.png

For Dharok, you will use the Melee prayer and slayer dart to death whilst using your offensive shield, if he is your tunnel, complain maddly about having to use a prayer potion.

For Karil, you will use the remainder of your prayer and use your whole alternate special bar on him and switch to your main melee weapon., if he is your tunnel, complain if you can't handle him without prayer.

For Ahrim, you will use the most food on him as he is the only that will actually hit you, if you have prayer left use it on him.

For Verac, Guthan and Torag you will use the tactic "Dash 'n' dart" as I like to call it, picture below and tutorial below.

Youtube of my run, I love being called a noob. Sorry about the quality.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

(VI). Attack plan for more than one inventory

To do this you must go back at the chest and back up the ladder. If you look at the video above you will see what I do on Verac etc, you can do this with Dharok. I do not recommend doing this until you are familiar with the technique. The place is on the wall parallel to the stair case and can be gotten into the same way as Guthans. (Run from the corner behind the rock, from the LONGEST SIDE!)

(VII). Conclusion

I like this technique personally as its cost effective and fun to do. But as I said to start it is a complaition rather than a guide, it combines all ones i've read together. Also you can use the black salamander but I dont recommend it because harralander tar costs too much for me and i'm a cheapskate. If you have and comment or ideas on this guide just comment and when I read it i'll review the change and add credits if I do add it.

(VIII). Credits

The writers of barrows guides on this forum for giving me the ideas, Me for writing the guide,Tip.it for providing an image and the forums to post this guide, Jagex for creating the game.

mutilatory.png

rawr.

Fairy rings are faster if your only doing 1 or 2 runs per trip (BKR then run to the boat).

Take rune defender instead of the prayer book (a lot less 0's on karil and ahrim [if you melee him] and spirit shield should be up there on the shield section (no negatives and a small prayer bonus).

Saradomin sword is only good if your planning on using the special, otherwise Whip+DDS is far better, plus you can wear a shield.

Pineapple pizza>Shark (22 vs 20) and cost less.

The holy wrench is a bit of a waste without your taking 10+ prayer pots with you as it takes up valuable room.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Eh? Why is Sara Sword recommended over the Abby Whip?

Why is the Super Restore recommended over the Prayer Potion? The extra cost is not worth it.

To above poster: You could say the Wrench is worth it since it is still saving you ppot doses, although it is not efficient use of room it is efficient use of money.

• 11 months later...

Eh? Why is Sara Sword recommended over the Abby Whip?

Why is the Super Restore recommended over the Prayer Potion? The extra cost is not worth it.

To above poster: You could say the Wrench is worth it since it is still saving you ppot doses, although it is not efficient use of room it is efficient use of money.

Stopped playing for a while. Anyway, I based it on overall effiency, not sure anyone would ever use a super restore over a prayer potion. I mean I personally wouldn't but they are better than a prayer potion. I like the wrench as I never use all my food and it saves some pennies on prayer potions. Really I should make it so Sara sword = Abby Whip if no dds. As the healing spec is nice. Overall i've tried to show a guide with decent money efficiency and performance.

I'll be working on this some more :)

mutilatory.png

rawr.

Stopped playing for a while. Anyway, I based it on overall effiency, not sure anyone would ever use a super restore over a prayer potion. I mean I personally wouldn't but they are better than a prayer potion. I like the wrench as I never use all my food and it saves some pennies on prayer potions. Really I should make it so Sara sword = Abby Whip if no dds. As the healing spec is nice. Overall i've tried to show a guide with decent money efficiency and performance.

Healing spec? The saradomin sword has a damaging special attack, it's the saradomin godsword that heals.

You might have played in the Brazil server while they had the same names, I'm not sure.

Unless an update changed the SS spec, I wouldn't know, since I only came back a few days ago :/

Finny_Rawrs.png

Finny_Rawrs.png

Healing spec? The saradomin sword has a damaging special attack, it's the saradomin godsword that heals.

You might have played in the Brazil server while they had the same names, I'm not sure.

Unless an update changed the SS spec, I wouldn't know, since I only came back a few days ago :/

Ooh, my bad.

Whip any day then. Also noticed the sidestepping doesnt work anymore, this has cut the amount of food I use down but I still make it with 4 pieces of food left when tanking unless i'm unlucky and torag wants to eat me alive.

mutilatory.png

rawr.

• 3 weeks later...