How to: 80 Mining, Hunter and Summoning + 85 Agility

Unknown_Warrior

It's a lot, I know. Bear with me.

So I want to get 80 Mining, Hunter, Summoning and 85 Agility, but I'm doubting as to what the most efficient way to do it is.

For Mining: I am level 71 (nearly 72). I have access to all quest and achievement diary rewards and Obsidian Golems for their noticable Mining boost. I also have a Superior locator.

I was wondering what would be the best? I was thinking of either powermining Granite or powermining Iron ore. What would be the best? Or is there something even better?

How long would it take, too?

For Hunter: I am level 73. I got an Arctic bear and all camouflage gear.

Should I go for Red Chinchompas or Red Salamanders. Though I tend to dislike power-sallying (for lack of a better word) so is it a vastly superior training method than Red chins? Also, is there a fun way to get train Hunter (I tend to not be able to do it for more than 15-30 minutes straight, waste of Arctic bear almost) :?

Again, how long would this take?

For Summoning: I am level 74. I currently have the charms for 77, or maybe even 78, with my stats in my Signature, should I focus on a specific monster, simply do Slayer or SW for my remaining charms?

For Agility: I have level 81. I have the Agile legs and a truckload of Summer pies.

Is using them at Gnome advance to 85 a good idea? Or should I go to Ape atoll or Dorgeshkaan instead (or better alternatives?).

And, you guessed it, how long would this about take.

Thanks in advance!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

The only thing i know is Summoning. You can camp Waterfiends for the levels, but it might be tough for you. You could also try dust devils. If you don't wanna camp those then you could also do slayer.

No harm in slaying for the charms, but you might not get so many.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The only thing i know is Summoning. You can camp Waterfiends for the levels, but it might be tough for you. You could also try dust devils. If you don't wanna camp those then you could also do slayer.

No harm in slaying for the charms, but you might not get so many.

Hmm, Dust Devils, I totally forgot about those...

Thanks!

Edit: If I use my Blue charms, I could get as much as 79 Summoning. Use them or not?

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

It's a lot, I know. Bear with me.

So I want to get 80 Mining, Hunter, Summoning and 85 Agility, but I'm doubting as to what the most efficient way to do it is.

For Mining: I am level 71 (nearly 72). I have access to all quest and achievement diary rewards and Obsidian Golems for their noticable Mining boost. I also have a Superior locator.

I was wondering what would be the best? I was thinking of either powermining Granite or powermining Iron ore. What would be the best? Or is there something even better?

How long would it take, too?

I would put this last on your goals. While going for the other 3, I would mine stars. This might give you a level or two head start, and is great xp. In addition you get 100k per day, which is nice.

Once you need to train it, however, powermine granite. Although it can get over 80k per hour, 60k per hour is more realistic. Do not stop mining stars though.

For Hunter: I am level 73. I got an Arctic bear and all camouflage gear.

Should I go for Red Chinchompas or Red Salamanders. Though I tend to dislike power-sallying (for lack of a better word) so is it a vastly superior training method than Red chins? Also, is there a fun way to get train Hunter (I tend to not be able to do it for more than 15-30 minutes straight, waste of Arctic bear almost) :?

Again, how long would this take?

I feel Hunter is insanely boring as well. However, know that Red Salamanders are the best way to train until 80 hunter.

You could try chins, but only if you use the 1 spawn-trick.

For Summoning: I am level 74. I currently have the charms for 77, or maybe even 78, with my stats in my Signature, should I focus on a specific monster, simply do Slayer or SW for my remaining charms?

Don't SW for charms. I would recommend slaying or rock lobsters for charms. If you do Smoke Barrage, you should get 220 crimsons of xp per hour (not 220 crimsons. You only get about 170-180 crimsons, but if you factor in the xp from the golds/greens/blues, you might as well calculate it as 220 crimsons).

Scabarites - 91k

Waterfiends - 53k

Dagannoths- 53k

Skeletal Wyverns - 41k

Aberrant Spectres - 33k

Nechryaels - 33k

Black Demons - 32k

Dust Devils - 30k

Fire Giants - 29k

Mithril Dragons - 26k

Greater Demons - 26k

Iron Dragons - 24k

Abyssal Demons 21k

Bloodvelds - 20k

Kalphites - 19k

Gargoyles - 18k

Dark Beasts - 17k

Hellhounds - 11k

Suqahs - 6k

Goraks 0

Spiritual Mages 0

Warped Terrorbirds 0

Black Dragons - ?

Steel Dragons - ?

That's a list of the average summoning xp for each Duradel task. Note it will vary greatly depending on your melee stats, what you pray during tasks (Piety/SH Strength), your summoning level, and your budget. 3 tasks do not drop charms, and 2 tasks drop them too rarely to be accounted for.

For Agility: I have level 81. I have the Agile legs and a truckload of Summer pies.

Is using them at Gnome advance to 85 a good idea? Or should I go to Ape atoll or Dorgeshkaan instead (or better alternatives?).

And, you guessed it, how long would this about take.

I've heard it is around 60k per hour at Gnome/Barbarian courses, but I have no personal confirmation.

Also, do not use your blue charms! Save them for 89 (Geysers) or 79 (Moss Titans) at least. Anything before then is not worth making.

I might just be a "mining&smithing freak" but it is my opinion that "powermining" is a gigantic waste of ores.

If time isn't a large issue:

I did a lot of mining and smithing in f2p in between memberships.

For you I would recommend the following:

1. Either calculate how many mithril bars you need to smelt and smith until your goal level, then buy that number of nature runes and mithril ore. Equipt a staff of fire, bring natures and mithril into mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 4 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amount that you could affort upon buying ores and nate), go make mithril platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + profit.

2. Calculate how many adamantite bars you need to smelt to smithing 88 (or goal level), then buy that number of nature runes and adamantite ore. Equipt a staff of fire, bring natures and adamantite ore into the mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 6 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amoung that you could affort upon buying ores and nats), go make adamant platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + profit.

3. Calculate how many steel bars you need to smelt and smith till goal level. Then buy that number of nature runes and iron ore. Equipt a staff of fire, bring natures and iron ore into the mining guild and start getting coal. Superheat as you mine, bank the inventory (minus 2 spots for coal) and repeat. When you smelted all bars (or the amoung that you could affort upon buying ores and nats), go make steel platebodies and high alc those. Repeat cyclus if necessary.

Result: Near to max xp in mining, and max xp in smithing and magic + loss of money.

I personally bought 40k mith ore and nats and leveled up almost 20 levels to 86 smithing , magic leveled around 20 levels, and mining leveled around 15 levels (to nearly 97). :thumbsup:

I think this is my favourite answer, thanks, i'm gonna do this with Mitrhil :)

You can do it with adamantite as you're smithing 88 already.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Powermining is the best way to train mining, hands down. Any other way is a waste of time. Yes, you'd make a few hundred k profit if you mined all the ores then superheated them, but the HOURS of extra time you save by powermining more than make up for that.

Here's an example, if I spend 1 hour mining mith and 2 hours mining coal, I'd have 800 coal and 200 mith ores. In another 10-15 minutes, you'd smelt all that into 200 mithril bars. That's 3 hours and 15 minutes of time. What did you gain? 56k total mining xp from the coal/mith, 10k magic xp, and 6k smithing xp, as well as about 200k in mithril bars (resulting in a total 150k profit after you subtract nature rune costs). Magic xp is worth roughly 4gp/xp, varying greatly depending on method, but 4gp/xp is typical. So you get 40k gp worth of magic xp. Smithing xp is worth roughly 6gp/xp, so you get 36k gp worth of smithing xp. So add those to the profits you make. In total, by mining and superheating ores, you get 56k xp and 226k in profits for 3 hours and 15 minutes of your time (not including world hopping for the ores).

What if I spend 3 hours and 15 minutes powermining granite? You'd get roughly 195k mining xp. Sure you don't get the profit, but maybe you do? What if you spend 2 hours and 15 minutes powermining and the last hour making money? You'd get 136k mining xp + the profits of whatever you did for the last hour. A typical member can easily make 300-400k per hour. Someone with his stats should be making over 500k per hour on average, or 1m per hour average if he hunts boss monsters. Tricking is roughly 800k per hour. That means in 3 hours and 15 minutes of time, he can get 136k mining xp and 500k+ gp, plus the xp from whatever the moneymaker gave (for example if he runecrafted, he would've gotten roughly 25k runecrafting xp, which is worth half an hour at ZMI, which is another 250k profit).

So, if you didn't powermine, you'd get 56k mining xp and 226k profit. If you did powermine, then spent 1 hour making money, you'd get 136k mining xp, 500k+ profit + bonus xp in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. As you can see, powermining is much more efficient.

It's a much similar story in f2p, but powermining is only marginally better, as opposed to being insanely better as mentioned above.

You're forgetting the part where power mining is tremendously boring and my way isn't... It is my opinion that playing should be for fun and not possible making up the balance for not power mining.

That said, I believe the way mentioned above is ideal for f2p, as I originally gave it as advice for a person doing it in f2p as I did.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Thanks for the great help zaaps. :thumbsup:

And jaffy, like I said, I prefer efficiency, but I do tend to try stuff out and found your method quite enjoyable. Definitely something I'd consider when taking a break or going F2P.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

You're forgetting the part where power mining is tremendously boring and my way isn't... It is my opinion that playing should be for fun and not possible making up the balance for not power mining.

That said, I believe the way mentioned above is ideal for f2p, as I originally gave it as advice for a person doing it in f2p as I did.

"Efficient" and "Fun" aren't symonyms. He wanted the most efficient method, and I am explaining it.

I also believe that fun is a priority, but the most efficient method is that, the most efficient method. Even if it isn't fun for some people, you can't change the fact that it is (theortically) the best way to train.

Although I would agree, if training some other way is more enjoyable, you should by all means train it that way.

"Efficient" and "Fun" aren't symonyms. He wanted the most efficient method, and I am explaining it.

I also believe that fun is a priority, but the most efficient method is that, the most efficient method. Even if it isn't fun for some people, you can't change the fact that it is (theortically) the best way to train.

Although I would agree, if training some other way is more enjoyable, you should by all means train it that way.

I don't mind fun, not at all, it's just that I experienced most of these skills to be quite funless.

If there're fun ways to train Mining, Agility and Hunter, I certainly won't condemn people for sharing it.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

For summoning, just do slayer. Dont camp at dust devils as you would get as much as slayer but not getting slayer xp. Also its more fun than camping at a broom's worst nightmare.

For Mining i would powermine granite and do stars on the side.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

As for the blue charms, do what Zaaps suggested. But Geysers cost a lot more compared to Moss Titans. If money is no problem, and you can hold out to 89 summoning, then do the Geysers.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]