Combat and Slayer Questions

nerdboyxxx

Okay, I'm not going to get any exact, precise answers here, or estimates for that matter. But I'd like some information if you guys don't mind sharing your experiences :)

After 99 Woodcutting, I'll be getting 99 Farming. In between herb runs, I'll be training combat. Via Slayer.

After getting 99 Farming, I'll be maxing my combat stats (that includes mage and range). I just want to get some information on Slayer also.

Okay, to the questions. I know what I'll be doing for range/mage (not slayer; other methods). I just need to know, assuming I get average speed tasks, the following:

How long getting max combat will take on Slayer

Whether I'll get 99 Slayer as well as all 99 combat stats (before or after?)

Should I also train range with slayer if required (melee is a priority)

Whether or not, at the end of 99 slayer, I'll have enough charms for 99 Summoning

Thanks for all responses. If anyone has actually gotten to those higher slayer levels, if you could also give me any advice, or tell me how much you made to 99/how much you've made so far in gp I'd appreciate it :D

disturbeda.png

Okay, to the questions. I know what I'll be doing for range/mage (not slayer; other methods). I just need to know, assuming I get average speed tasks, the following:

Whether or not, at the end of 99 slayer, I'll have enough charms for 99 Summoning

Thanks for all responses. If anyone has actually gotten to those higher slayer levels, if you could also give me any advice, or tell me how much you made to 99/how much you've made so far in gp I'd appreciate it :D

Most depends on how long you play, how many tasks you do, whether you cannon or not, or you attack/strength levels.

But the rough exp is 4 attack/str/def exp for 1 slayer exp. Slayer and HP exp are about the same. And at medium to higher levels you get about 0.8 summoning exp for 1 slayer exp. Again if you cannon these rates will be off some.

And being at 93 slayer i haven't made to much money. But i also got in a loop of tasks where i didn't get any Spiritual Mages until 90 slayer. And all those boots i could have gotten would have added up. But don't except the big drops to bring a lot of money. Mostly rune armor/weapons and the magic runes, and pure essence, bring in money. Also doing the clues helps (I got a Zammy plate and Robin Hood hat from a Turoth clue). But i currenlty have 27m gp, spent some getting to 88 summoning. But if i had to guess i would say i made any where from 60-70m. But i might be off some.

And you will make a lot more since you're doing herbs. And also doing Manage Thy Kingdom will help with making money.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Most depends on how long you play, how many tasks you do, whether you cannon or not, or you attack/strength levels.

But the rough exp is 4 attack/str/def exp for 1 slayer exp. Slayer and HP exp are about the same. And at medium to higher levels you get about 0.8 summoning exp for 1 slayer exp. Again if you cannon these rates will be off some.

And being at 93 slayer i haven't made to much money. But i also got in a loop of tasks where i didn't get any Spiritual Mages until 90 slayer. And all those boots i could have gotten would have added up. But don't except the big drops to bring a lot of money. Mostly rune armor/weapons and the magic runes, and pure essence, bring in money. Also doing the clues helps (I got a Zammy plate and Robin Hood hat from a Turoth clue). But i currenlty have 27m gp, spent some getting to 88 summoning. But if i had to guess i would say i made any where from 60-70m. But i might be off some.

And you will make a lot more since you're doing herbs. And also doing Manage Thy Kingdom will help with making money.

Thanks for the response :thumbsup:

I don't think I'll be using slayer for money as it isn't that reliable, but I'll continue to farm herb patches after 99 farm for cash while training so I can keep a steady cash pile.

Would I max my melee stats getting 99 slayer though?

disturbeda.png

Its kinda late for me, but just use that info i gave you before and you can figure out if you do. But if you have high comabt and a low-med slayer level you should max combat before slayer. I know that i will.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Its kinda late for me, but just use that info i gave you before and you can figure out if you do. But if you have high comabt and a low-med slayer level you should max combat before slayer. I know that i will.

Hmmm, well I have 70+ melee stats and my slayer is only 44 so...Yeah, I'll max melee stats before slayer probably :P I might range the rest of it then. Might get range to around 80, then switch to slayer and after 99 slayer, the rest of the range levels I will chin. Mage will just be lunar magic and bolt enchanting.

Now I just need to work out an estimate for time...I'm assuming at least a year and a half for 99 mage/range/melee's and slayer...probably more :?

disturbeda.png

How long getting max combat will take on Slayer... I'm not 100% sure but I would say you are gaining melee exp at a rate of 30-60k exp/hour (wide range I know its entirely task dependent). That being said it should probably take you a couple months (probably 2) per melee stat. This is just assumption really as I cannot look up your stats. Also this is training without controlled.

Whether I'll get 99 Slayer as well as all 99 combat stats (before or after?)....you will definitely without a doubt max your melee before you do slayer. Including HP.

Should I also train range with slayer if required (melee is a priority).... I tried ranged slaying for a bit and let me tell you, it's not so bad. As long as you are getting rangable tasks its not to bad. And the exp seems to breeze by if you pay more attention to your slayer exp than ranged. (And possibly lose track of time a few times =P) It will help your goal of 99 slayer but it will be a hard transition if you are use to melee slayer and then switxh to range

Whether or not, at the end of 99 slayer, I'll have enough charms for 99 Summoning....No you probably won't amass enough charms for 99 summoning. Unless you get an abundance of Waterfiend tasks and even then I think I will be enough. On the up side you should come out with enough for at least 90. (But again I cannot see your levels so I am just making assumptions)

Sorry I couldn't be exactly helpful. If I was home and not on my phone I probably could of did some calcing for you to answer all your questions. I'm sure someone else will if they stumble upon your thread.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

How long getting max combat will take on Slayer... I'm not 100% sure but I would say you are gaining melee exp at a rate of 30-60k exp/hour (wide range I know its entirely task dependent). That being said it should probably take you a couple months (probably 2) per melee stat. This is just assumption really as I cannot look up your stats. Also this is training without controlled.

Whether I'll get 99 Slayer as well as all 99 combat stats (before or after?)....you will definitely without a doubt max your melee before you do slayer. Including HP.

Should I also train range with slayer if required (melee is a priority).... I tried ranged slaying for a bit and let me tell you, it's not so bad. As long as you are getting rangable tasks its not to bad. And the exp seems to breeze by if you pay more attention to your slayer exp than ranged. (And possibly lose track of time a few times =P) It will help your goal of 99 slayer but it will be a hard transition if you are use to melee slayer and then switxh to range

Whether or not, at the end of 99 slayer, I'll have enough charms for 99 Summoning....No you probably won't amass enough charms for 99 summoning. Unless you get an abundance of Waterfiend tasks and even then I think I will be enough. On the up side you should come out with enough for at least 90. (But again I cannot see your levels so I am just making assumptions)

Sorry I couldn't be exactly helpful. If I was home and not on my phone I probably could of did some calcing for you to answer all your questions. I'm sure someone else will if they stumble upon your thread.

Thanks for those answers :) I can probably calculate everything myself, I'm just not too familiar with slayer, charm drop rates, etc. and I know most of the stuff will be based on assumptions or personal experience. But all responses were constructive. Thanks guys :D

disturbeda.png

I wrote this up btw a while back so im gonna post

---Range

--$$:

-Green Dragons

-Green Dragons (tank)

-Aviansies

-Black Dragons

-Blue Dragons

-Aberrant Spectres

-Spiritual Mages

--XP:

-Yaks

-Experiments

-Cannon

-Chinchompas (Mummies, etc)

--XP+$$:

-Cannon (Trolls, Aberrant Spectres)

-Fire Giants

-TzHaar

-Slayer

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Dagannoths: 80k

Bloodvelds: 56k (up to 59k with Steel Titan)

Warped Terrorbirds: 51k

Scabarites: 50k

Suqahs: 50k

Aberrant Spectres: 46k (up to 48k with Steel Titan)

Black Demons (range or halberd + cannon): 40k

Goraks: 37k

Kalphites: 36k

Fire Giants (melee + cannon): 35k

Dark Beasts: 36k (1k to 2k less if you need to do 2 trips)

Dust Devils: 28k (up to 33k with Steel Titan)

Spiritual Mages: 25k (up to 27k with Steel Titan)

Abyssal Demons: 25k

Gargoyles: 25k

Skeletal Wyverns: 24k (1k to 2k less if you have to do 2 trips)

Nechryaels: 24k (up to 27k with Steel Titan)

Waterfiends: 23k (up to 26k with Steel Titan)

Black Dragons: 23k (baby black dragons)

Hellhounds: 22k (1k to 5k more if you pick up fewer charms)

Greater Demons: 21k

Iron Dragons: 17k (up to 19k if you have dragon slayer gloves)

Steel Dragons: 14k

Mithril Dragons: 9k

Average is between 26k and 30k slayer xp/hour. Of course, you can cancel the slower tasks (2 Duradel tasks = 1 cancel, and every 10 tasks you can cancel 2 more for "free") and block the absolutely terrible ones. Those numbers are assuming you Piety/Superhuman Strength every task and cannon whenever possible, even in single combat.

They are also assuming maxed stats with no competition in full worlds.

Also not Aquanites are not on the list, but they are approximately 20k per hour.

If you block Greaters, Aquas, Irons, and Steels, then cancel Wyverns, Nechs, WFS, Black Dragons, Mithrils and Hellhounds, you would average 41k per hour, if you get the rest of the tasks at a random rate and are not caught in a loop.

You must also consider the cannon. It gives ranged xp, but only 2xp/damage instead of the usual 4, and with no hp xp. Although I would say you definitely would max out melee, I can't say how much hp or ranged xp you'll get.

With 99 slayer, it took me 13.7M slayer xp to get 99 summoning from level 1, and got about 5.4M additional summoning xp with about 5.4M additional slayer xp.

13.2M xp is 99 slayer, so you might need to go a bit over 99 slayer to get all the charms for 99 summoning. However, considering that you aren't 1 slayer and aren't 1 summoning, I'd say you should make it.

Here is a list of the summoning xp per hour you get on all Duradel tasks:

Scabarites - 91k

Waterfiends - 53k

Dagannoths- 53k

Skeletal Wyverns - 41k

Aberrant Spectres - 33k

Nechryaels - 33k

Black Demons - 32k

Dust Devils - 30k

Fire Giants - 29k

Mithril Dragons - 26k

Greater Demons - 26k

Iron Dragons - 24k

Abyssal Demons 21k

Bloodvelds - 20k

Kalphites - 19k

Gargoyles - 18k

Dark Beasts - 17k

Hellhounds - 11k

Suqahs - 6k

Goraks 0

Spiritual Mages 0

Warped Terrorbirds 0

Black Dragons - ?

Steel Dragons - ?

Note some tasks do not give charms and some tasks drop them too rarely to be accounted for. Also, the xp you get varies greatly depending on what pouch you are crafting.

EDIT: You should know that all of the above are RATES. For example, while Scarabites are at a rate of 50k per hour, the task really lasts only about 7 minutes. If you got enough Scarabite tasks to last an hour, then you'd get 50k slayer xp in that hour. But in those 7 minutes, you're going at a 50k slayer xp/hr RATE.