Picking a Major for College

Blake

Why the [bleep] is everyone here an engineer. It's pissing me off.

http://education-portal.com/articles/To ... ajors.html

$$$

That's misleading data. Engineers tend to get some of the best starting salaries, but unlike others who go into business or medicine, their salaries don't increase all that much during their career if they do nothing but straight engineering. Take the average salaries of forty year olds in varying fields, and I'd betcha you won't see quite as many engineering majors in that list. You'll still see some of course, since engineering really is the toughest, but basing that list on pure starting salaries isn't completely the correct way of going about a rating.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Business is a good minor. I took a class last year (HS junior year) called Business Management and we had to set up a company that sold things. My company sold bagels (from Einstein's, heh) and I was in charge of Operations. It was fun.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I always assumed I'd major in Biology, but I recently discovered I have to make a choice between a bunch of different types of Biology. I'll have to set an appointment with a student adviser blah blah blah. In the end, I want to do medical research based on Genetics.

hiccup.png