Eastern Lands Introductory Quest and Idea Pit

Hawks

This is a very rough work in progress. I need your help and ideas. I know Jagex is working on it for the future, and I came up with a good way of introducing it.

Quest Prereqs:

Finish Prince Ali Rescue

To Finish Quest You Must Have:

At least 38 Smithing

At least 30 Crafting

Quest:

Involves the King of Al-Kharid. Since you did such a great job rescuing Ali, he'd like you to act as an emissary to the Emperor [insertJapaneseishnamehere] who rules over the Eastern Lands, which are past Morytania and accessible by boat or teleport. Hassan (is he king? idk) sends Osman with you to act as an assisstant. You are teleported over in the beginning, but in the future you must get runes to teleport yourself or travel by boat. Specifically, you are to negotiate a trade agreement involving the special weapons of each country.

Sub-Quest:

If you speak to a certain someone, they can introduce you to the underworld of the Eastern Lands. You can get a trade agreement which allows the importation of ninja cloth to Al-Kharid and in the process you learn how to sew ninja clothing and how to smith shuriken.

Rewards:

Access to Eastern Lands

Payment (?)

Ability to smith Tantos and Katanas (P2P also earn Glaives)

Ability to smith Tower Shields

Ability to craft Samurai Armor

Access to additional Eastern Land quests (P2P only)

*possible* double wielding...

Sub-Quest Rewards:

Ability to smith shuriken (P2P only)

Additional payment (?)

Ability to buy ninja cloth

Ability to make ninja clothing

Weapon Details:

They must be Steel or higher. You can't smith a bronze or iron tanto, katana, or glaive.

Smithing level required is two more than a normal weapon:

Tanto is equivalent to Sword (level 36 required to smith a steel tanto)

Katana is equivalent to Longsword (level 38 required to smith a steel katana)

Glaive is equivalent to Hasta (I think?) (level 37 required to smith a steel glaive + a staff)

Shruiken is equivalent to Darts (level 36 required to smith steel shruiken)

Samurai Armor Details:

Crafting level 30 is required to create it.

Armor strength is higher than a studded body and comparable to a steel platebody.

Higher crafting levels can create stronger and lighter Samurai Armor

Two pieces: A body and a skirt (technical names?)

Basic Samurai Armor - Crafting 30 - comparable to steel platebody/skirt

Middle Samurai Armor - C40 - mithril

Greater Samurai Armor - C50 - Adamant

Also are craftable boots, made of bear fur. Each pair requires 3 bear furs and a needle and thread. Boots provide a small defense bonus.

Helms are not craftable, but can be purchased from various craftsmen in the Eastern Lands, similar to team capes.

Boots, armor, and helms are color-changable. A body requires 2 lots of dye to to dye properly, boots need one, and helms need one also.

Ninja Clothing Details:

Provide a slight armor bonus and an agility and dexterity bonus. +they look cool.

Crafting level 25 required for full set, is a set of Tunic, Pants, Gloves, and Hood.

Tunic - C20

Pants - C20

Gloves - C10

Hood - C25

They're obviously stuck black.

This is fantastic and i support, however some things i disagree with. and thats kind of the idea that you require a quest to enter the eastern lands.... yeh, sorry :P i like the idea of katana's and Tant?'s you need to go a bit more into the rewards and everything.

meatlover.png

I might write up a quest and do a little map of the start of the Eastern Lands (if you want/I feel like it, the map'll be horrible with MS Paint, but meh)

Support, but keep the quest! :thumbsup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I was imagining for the size, about as big as the elven lands (at least for the area accessible to f2p) but I don't have a great idea of how big that is.

More into the rewards as how? the money/xp or something else?