Clan Chronicle issue #10 - BK, Jmod, Villandra, RSC wars ++

Laikrob

Once again I couldn't help but read the whole thing, great job guys.

Appreciated the way you recognized some of the important TWR clans/teams that have closed recently, just another example of Tip.it having the best and friendliest community.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

Very good CC staff. Not sure how the Villandra intreview fit in though.

Thanks. She has been in clans since Classic, on several of her accounts.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

The Sabres was the first RS clans, that's unquestionable.

History of warring: Can't say I didn't know any of these things, however, I remember the person who made the RS Clan History also has an article on Clan Tactics and the same website, I believe It's from RSC, or am I wrong? That could be added to part 2.

I'm going to assume you mean this http://www.geocities.com/timmymwd/clanwar.html bit. While it is an interesting read and well thought out, it's pretty much purely theoretic. In major wars none of these tactics were used. The scout was used while PKing, but even then it was more for single PKers and rune ore miners then for clans.

So it doesn't really cover history, it's just a nice read on what could've happened if people actually organised themselves back then.

I believe that is the article I was talking about. I wasn't sure if it was used or not, seeing that it talked a lot about formations, which are very hard to do and not feasible in a real war, but I didn't know how RSC wars used to to be done.

To Decebal: BK is probably more active on tipit than RSC now I think, we rarely post on either truth be told. We keep a presence on both boards though. I don't know whether we are an RSC clan or a tipit clan but I would like to think that we are both.

I always thought of you guys as a RSC clan, and I don't remember you guys posting much back when I first started clanning, about 18 months ago :?
22031_s.gif

Always takes a controvertial topic to make me reregister on a fan forum, haven't been here for a fair while :lol:

Anywho, BK have NO claim to the title of 'oldest surviving clan in RS' by any means. Contrary to popular belief (and hoax RSC topics), The Sabres have never died out, and are alive and well to this day. They migrated to RuneScape *BEFORE* BK was formed on it, so where they were created is immaterial - they were on RuneScape first, therefore they are the oldest RuneScape clan. Even by disputing the claim that TS have never closed (which they haven't), THE was formed before BK and are as such older.

The ONLY title BK can have claim to is 'The first clan created on Runescape', which is clearly not what the topic says...

Sabres have died and reformed so much and had times of extreme inactivity, that they can't be considered to have survived since the start of RuneScape. They were the first (second) clan to form, together with The.

But apparently they mean pure RuneScape formed clan, and as both Sabres and The were formed during Cyberwars, they don't count as pure RuneScape. So in all, you're right in what you say, but they said it just different enough to be right as well \'

The ONLY title BK can have claim to is 'The first clan created on Runescape', which is clearly not what the topic says...

It is the oldest RuneScape only clan still surviving and was started like all clans by friends making a clan.

It is the oldest RuneScape only clan still surviving and was started like all clans by friends making a clan.

Yes, that's perfect, and if every single reference to it was like that, I wouldn't be complaining. But the Tip.it front page AND this thread (which are much more likely to be read than the actual article) drop the 'only', which implies something different entirely. Thanks for pointing that out though, because it shows that the original author of the article was not at fault at all, and that it's gone wrong somewhere in the meantime.

Quite how the (no doubt carefully phrased) title got changed between the article and this thread/the newspost is the bit that's causing the problem, but I guess it's just a case of Chinese whispers, which can be rectified easily enough. :thumbsup:

That's what happens when you're in a hurry when making the newspost and discussion topics... :oops:

All blame goes to yours truly.

First post here fixed, unfortunately I can't edit the website post. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?