Clan Chronicle issue #10 - BK, Jmod, Villandra, RSC wars ++

Laikrob

Let's pretend it's August and the issue made it out in time... No? We apologise for the delay, but we hope the content reflects the hard work we put into this issue.

The BlacKnights (the K is shared ;) ) is the oldest surviving clan formed in RS, and we have interviewed one of their leaders to learn more about their history and success. Another interview this issue is with Villandra, one of the first maxed players. So? 100's of players are maxed!, you say. Yes, but this one also has side accounts with the following achievements: First untrimmed Slayer cape, first untrimmed Summoning cape and the first 10 Hitpoints Slayer cape. Read about her clan history and impossible goals.

And then we have decided to use the If you met a Jmod... topic from Clan Discussions as an inspiration, and actually ask the Jagex Moderators some questions. We did sneak in some of your questions aswell. ;) One of our guest authors have written about warring history, and in this issue we present the first part of this series: RS Classic Wilderness. In other news, we have reactions to last issue's DK interview, in addition to what has sadly become a monthly tradition: What we call the clan obituaries.

Please post your thoughts, opinions or feedback to any of the articles in the Clan Chronicle in this topic.

You can find the new issue here.

Do you have an idea for an article yourself? Write it down and PM it to Laikrob or y_guy_4_life, and you have the chance to be a guest article writer, or maybe even a Clan Chronicle Author.

Special thanks this month goes to the guest author, Punc.

Thanks again to Crew Leader Cowman_133, who does the coding.

On behalf of The Clan Chronicle,

Laikrob

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Great long article. Enjoyed reading every bit of it. Was amazing what that one girl did with slayer :lol: BK has an interesting history which made it a good read. NH is always a good read since it's so controversial. TK dying wasn't as interesting just because idk lol just read it in the forums enough info was in there i geuss :lol: TPR lulz found it funny how we got an article about us. I honnestly think we should keep it going but have to make peps more active. It really was a fun time even when we lost still enjoyed it. Never really having a true fi leader was fun struggling to get some teamwork going on vent and peps stepping it up time to time made it interesting and a fun ride. Some of the Jmods answers were dissappointing but some were cool overall good questions to ask :thumbup:

10/10 Great job on the articles

6590ew.jpg

Best issue yet in my opinion! :thumbsup: Coming from someone who's never been that into clans, I thought it was a great read.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

tought "THE" was the oldest

tpr v team_bj tuesday4:30 est.

My favorite issue so far, didnt really know about the first classic wars,and the mod interview was cool.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

tought "THE" was the oldest

'The' has been founded in 1999, before RuneScape, but it could be other clans started earlier on RS, although I personally thought 'The' was the oldest (RS) clan also.

Anyway, awesome issue it was a GREAT read. Thanks to all the authors & editor, awesome job. :thumbup:

signature4s.jpg

The oldest clan in RS has always been controversial, quite a few clans try and say they are, and the evidence has been lost over time.

His Lordship however i believe did some research into it, maybe he can shed some light on the matter :D

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

Best issue yet in my opinion! :thumbsup: Coming from someone who's never been that into clans, I thought it was a great read.

Even for one who doesn't play RuneScape anymore and was never into oldschool p-nets, this article was fascinating. :thumbup:

The Sabres was the first RS clans, that's unquestionable.

I agree with this. But wasn't TS made before RS?

Anyways, here are my thoughts:

Spotlight: BlacKnights Clan: fairly interesting read. And I always thought BK was more active on Rsc.....

History of warring: Can't say I didn't know any of these things, however, I remember the person who made the RS Clan History also has an article on Clan Tactics and the same website, I believe It's from RSC, or am I wrong? That could be added to part 2.

Villandra Interview: First thing's first: I always thought she had WAY too much time on her hands, but after this article, I can't say I can't blame her when she was confined to a bed for so long. Never knew she was in any clans, and I lol'd how she actually had Summonbelle registered (I always thought someone else would get there before her... I personally wanted to make that lol.)

Reaction to last issue's DK article: Don't have much to say here, but wouldn't it be nice if you had a "Letter to the Editors" section, something like what some magazines (like National Geographic) have? No need to have big letters that are essays, just paragraphs with good points. Maybe some quotes from this thread, seeing that it counts as a "Letters to the Editor"?

Jmod Interview: loved it just because I can finally find out how much I've played, i'd love to see a comparison in between the top F2Pers and top players, to see who played more.

TK closing: unfortunate, but I think we have to move on.

TPR closing: I feel ashamed, because I know I was one of the inactive members :oops:

Finally, I'd love to see a VR interview next, this month's article is like a burger patty: just not the whole thing. let's add the buns and the ingredients, followed by some oregano for kicks for the next article :D .

22031_s.gif

Haha, nice to see an interest in BK :D We have a full history on our boards which is overly long but it's an interesting read if anyone wants to learn more about what we have been through, it was started in January 01 by Osiris BK and continues right through to the current day 8-) . It is pretty unique and the detail of the history is something that we are proud of, feel free to check it out, it is in the guest boards of our site.

Also there is not alot of controversy about the oldest clans:

The Sabres was made before 'the' on Cyberwars, 'the' was then created on cyberwars. Cyberwars was what Jagex did before Runescape came into existence, those 2 clans made the switch over to Runescape and therefore are the oldest clans IN Runescape but they are not the oldest clans MADE IN Runescape as they were made in Cyberwars.

The Blacknights clan was created in RS Classic in January 2001, the first month Runescape was in existence, a couple of weeks later in early February The Gladiatorz were made, that makes BK and Gladz the oldest clans MADE IN Runescape.

Jaguars were creates soon after and clans like RSD, Corruption, Exer and DI followed although not in that order, this is where my knowledge peters out up until 06 when I actually began clanning.

I hope that helps anyone who still didn't know the order of the first clans in RS!

To Decebal: BK is probably more active on tipit than RSC now I think, we rarely post on either truth be told. We keep a presence on both boards though. I don't know whether we are an RSC clan or a tipit clan but I would like to think that we are both.

Do you want to love me?

Sorry it was late guys, had several problems getting it out but oh well, it's here.

Remember, we are always looking for guest authors and articles, if you feel the slightest need to write something throw me or Laikrob a pm :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Sabres was the first RS clans, that's unquestionable.

History of warring: Can't say I didn't know any of these things, however, I remember the person who made the RS Clan History also has an article on Clan Tactics and the same website, I believe It's from RSC, or am I wrong? That could be added to part 2.

I'm going to assume you mean this http://www.geocities.com/timmymwd/clanwar.html bit. While it is an interesting read and well thought out, it's pretty much purely theoretic. In major wars none of these tactics were used. The scout was used while PKing, but even then it was more for single PKers and rune ore miners then for clans.

So it doesn't really cover history, it's just a nice read on what could've happened if people actually organised themselves back then.

TS was the first clan founded in RS, the original leader was the 12th player to start playing RS I believe. I think some other clans existed in other games and then moved over after that so they've existed longer than TS but TS is still the oldest running clan within RS.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

It was definitely well worth the wait, it's by far the best article made to date. Thanks to everyone involved with it. :thumbup:

Seeing the answers from some of the J-Mods gives a promising future for clans, and I'll be looking forward to each and every update. ::'

New account: Jack

The Sabres and THE clan were formed on Jagex's earlier game "Cyberwars" (since shutdown). BK is the first rs-made clan.

The Early History of Runescape Clans

As Recorded by Orbital2

Introduction: I'll start by answering a few opening questions

Who?: Well the first thing I will address is probably the thing on your minds...who the hell is this guy? Obviously something that will be answered more in depth throughout my history. The short answer is that I am the last of the original core of clan leaders in runescape to still be around a clan in the game. I've led several clans including The Golden Helms and 'THE' Clan. I also was the leader of an alliance called RFK., at the time the top alliance in RS. I am currently an Advisor of The Blacknights, a post I've held for 4-5 years now.

What?: I will cover the history of runescape clans as completely as I can from the beginning of Runescape, to the war between The Blacknights and The Gladiatorz that took place in 2005. I will not be bringing up every little clan that ever existed nor cover every detail that occured over a 5 year span, I simply feel as though this time period will make a good story. The history will emphasize things that I was apart of since I'm the one writing the history, but I will attempt to piece together things I vaguely remember with the help of old writings.

Why?: I felt it appropriate to shed a light on some of the things that have happened over the history of runescape clans, in particular the clans that really molded rs into what it is today. I figure I offer a bit of a unique perspective and can shed some light on some things and feel as if I should do so before I forget it all

Don't we already have a history written by Timmymwd?: Yes, Timmy recorded his own history and he did a pretty good job writing it all things considering, Timmy however was an outsider painting the picture of what occured in the clan world based on the accounts of other leaders, aka his interpretations of what they were saying. This history will be based on the rs clan world as I saw it and I had a little bit better view of the action then Timmy did (although he is probably the more gifted writer). Timmy notably tried to romanticize the story often at the price of accuracy, I will do my best to keep it as accurate as possible while still keeping it entertaining.

How will I organize it?: I will do my best to cover the history in order, while making reference to important people and clans of the time. To make things a little neater I will add an appendix at the end with summaries of certain clans and people that you can reference incase you forget who they are in the middle of the story, or in case I don't go into great detail about who the clan/person is (because they aren't all that important to the story that I'm telling at the time)

Chapter 1: The First Clans.

The game, Runescape was officially launched in January of 2001. It looked nothing like the Runescape of today, the map was but a fraction of what it is today, the wilderness had not yet been released, nor had many of the items, quests or skills that players enjoy today. Players had the choice of whether or not to be a pker, if they decided to be PK they were able to fight anywhere on Runescape besides Lumbridge.

As with any MMORPG, people began to interact with each other and as can be expected they grouped together to form communities known as clans. Because the clan community had not yet formed, and clans were not immediately aware of each other, it is impossible to tell what clan was the first to officially exist on Runescape. Among the first major clans to be founded in Runescape were the following..

The Sabres -

The Sabres founded and led by King Sabre were a clan that existed in the Gower brothers previous project, a strategy game known as cyberwars. The Gowers, seeking players for there new game, invited the Sabres to Runescape where they quickly became one of the earliest powers in Runescape clan life.

Among the unique traits of the Sabre clan was the requirement that each member use an account with the word "Sabre" in there name (Ex: King Sabre, Ice Sabre, Ore Sabre). This made members of the Sabres easily identifiable both to their clan mates and outsiders to the clan. This unique branding served as easy advertising for the clan and made it the most famous aswell as one of the largest clans in the beginning of runescape. Other clans, most notably the Razors, tried to mimic this name requirement to varying levels of success but the no clan was able to capture the public eye like the Sabres did.

'THE' Clan-

The Sabres were not alone in Cyberwars, they had an arch-rival , a group led by Militant and ESQ and known simply 'THE' Clan. When the Sabres left Cyberwars for the new game, they would not leave there fellow enemy behind. 'THE' Clan persued the Sabres onto Runescape and their feud became one of the first Runescape rivalries.

The Wanderers-

Founded by the 2nd player to log into Runescape and famous creator of Tip.It, Lightning, the Wanderers were perhaps the most selective clan ever on RS. They hand picked members from among the most accomplished Runescape players of the day. (Ex: Such as Bluerose13x the woman who became the first person to 99 Smithing, and Ladykilljoy the first to 99 strength). There memberlist was a who's who of the high score list in early Runescape. The Wanderers faded about 7 or 8 months into RS with Lightning shifting her attention to her ever growing Tip.It community

The Black Dragon Knights-

More commonly known as "BDK" the Black Dragon Knights, founded by Robin Hood2 were the primary rival of the Wanderers. I do not personally know much about the structure of there clan, other then that it was Robin Hood's mission to bring down the Wanderers. BDK was never really able to match the strength of the Wanderers in early Runescape and it often became just the Wanderers chasing Robin Hood all over the map. BDK was effectively wiped out by the Wanderers but they would re-emerge later at new strength (which will be covered in later in the history).

The Gladiatorz-

The Gladiatorz were founded by 3 friends, Joe Jenninz, Jericho and Blaze Mace. They quickly rose as a premier fighting force in the game. Their first known battle was with the Sabres which ended with the 2 clans actually becoming allies. Their first major rival was a clan known as the Death Corps who they defeated in 3 battles, including a notable battle on Karajima Island. They also found themselves at odds with the Black Dragon Knights, eventually causing them to ally with the Wanderers in there fight against them.

The Blacknights-

The Blacknights were founded by Osiris Bk and Blade BK. Osiris Bk would do more then perhaps any other leader to bring together the early clan community. In many way's he is the father of the Runescape Clan Community

The Golden Helms- The Golden Helms were founded by Rockid, but it was the ascent to leadership of your beloved narrator Orbital2 that would establish this clan as a small but highly respect part of the Runescape clan world

Appendix: This is where I make short notes about clans/alliances, people and things that are brought up in my story, the notes that I make are not meant to be current but rather part of the story, aka not all the allies listed with a clan are meant to be clans that they are allied with now, nor when I list someone as a leader of a clan do I mean that they are currently the leader of that clan, just that they were at some point during the story.

Clans:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Anfibians: Founded by Anfibian in Jan/Feb of 2001

Notable Members: Anfibian (Founder)

Alliances: The Anti-Sabre Alliance, The Eternal Alliance of Rationality, Truth and Honor (E.A.R.T.H.)

Notable Allies: 'THE' Clan

Notable Rivals: The Sabres

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Black Dragon Knights (BDK): Founded by Robin Hood2 in January of 2001, disbanded and was re-founded again by Robin around the time of the RFK

Notable Members: Robin Hood2 (Founder), Zar Family 2 (Leader)

Alliances:

Notable Allies: N/A

Notable Rivals: The Wanderers, Runescape Dinasty, The Last Alliance, The Gladiatorz, 'THE' Clan, The Blacknights,

The Blacknights (BK): Founded by Osiris BK in January of 2001

Notable Members: Osiris Bk (Founder), Mystical25 (Leader), Orbital2 (Advisor), Tarnorth (Advisor), JbWhitnall (Leader)

Alliances: A New Kind of Alliance (ANKA), The Syndicate Alliance, The Second Syndicate Alliance, The Runescape Federation of Knights (RFK), The Unholy Syndicate (The Alliance).

Notable Allies: 'THE' Clan, The Gladiatorz, The Darq Syde (TDS) The Golden Helms (GH), Runescape Dynasty (RSD)

Notable Rivals: The Gladiatorz, The Messiahs, The Mystic Knights (MK)

'THE' Clan: Founded in Cyberwars by Militant and ESQ, came to Runescape in January of 2001 following their rivals, the Sabres.

Notable members: Militant (Founder), ESQ (Founder), King Cj70 (Leader), Orbital2 (Leader), Annasweat (Leader)

Alliances: E.A.R.T.H., The Second Syndicate, The Runescape Federation of Knights (RFK), The Unholy Syndicate (The Alliance)

Notable Allies: The Blacknights, The Gladiatorz, The Jaguarz, The Golden Helms, The Darq Syde, Lunar Wolves

Notable Enemies: The Sabres

The Gladiatorz: Founded by Blaze Mace, Jericho and Joe Jenninz in January of 2001.

Notable members: Blaze Mace (Founder), Jericho (Founder), Joe Jenninz (Founder), Amer (Warlord) Mystical25 (Member)

Alliances: The Syndicate Alliance, The Second Syndicate Alliance, The Unholy Syndicate (The Alliance)

Notable Allies: 'THE' Clan, The Jaguarz, The Blacknights, The Wanderers

Notable Rivals: The Blacknights, Death Corps, The Sabres

The Sabres: Founded in Cyberwars by King Sabre, came to Runescape when invited by The Gowers in January of 2001. Were chief rivals of 'THE' Clan on Cyber wars and the rivalry continued onto Runescape

Notable members: King Sabre (Founder/Leader), Ice Sabre (Leader), Ore Sabre (Member)

Alliances: The Syndicate Alliance

Notable Allies: The Blacknights, The Golden Helms

Notable Rivals: 'THE' Clan

STEEL Corporation: Smithing Clan founded by Dmonik early in runescape, in order to raise the smithing level of its members in order to make money

Notable Members: Dmonik (Founder, first person on Runescape to smith Mithril), Bluerose13x (Member, first person to smith rune armor)

Alliances: N/A

Notable Allies: N/A

Notable Rivals: N/A

The Wanderers:

Notable Members: Lightning (Founder), RAB (Founder), Bluerose13x, Lady Kalika,

Alliances: N/A

Notable Allies: The Gladiatorz,

Notable Rivals: The Black Dragon Knights (BDK)

Alliances:

People:

Annasweat

King Cj70

King Sabre

Lightning - Founder of the Wandererz and the Tip.It community. One of runescape's first players

Militant

Mystical25 - Served as High Council and Leader of the Blacknights while a member of the Gladiatorz. This dual membership led to tension between the 2 clans

Osiris BK - Founder of the Blacknights, the Syndicate Alliance and the Second Syndicate Alliance

Orbital2 - Leader of the Golden Helms and 'THE' Clan, Founder of The Runescape Federation of Knights and later Advisor to the Blacknights

Things:

Cyberwars: A game developed by the Gower brothers prior to Runescape, The Sabres and 'THE' Clan played Cyberwars before coming to Runescape.

thomascopybe3.png

Thanks for the generally positive feedback, all. ::'

It was nice to reach out to a broader than usual audience, and I was surprised to see that the Jmods didn't evade the questions as much as we have seen in other previous interviews elsewhere. Both this interview and the Villandra one has spawned discussions on other forums/sites, which is always nice. :thumbup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?