Spanish servers.

forestfrolic

Runescape is already playable in four languages: German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, and obviously English. Spanish is the world's third most popular language, with English and Chinese taking spots one and two.

I think it's time for a Spanish Runescape server. Out of all of the languages mentioned, I have seen people talk in Spanish the most (other than English obviously). And not only will Spanish-speaking players use the server, but I suspect many Spanish-learning students will too like myself.

So, if Jagex is planning on creating another foreign server, do you think Spanish should be next? If not, why or what other language do you think would have a higher demand?

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

If Chinese is higher, why not make Chinese then?

Point is, it's not how many people who speak the language that matters, it's how many people who speak the language AND play the game.

I actually think this is a great idea and I have asked myself the same question... Full support here

@ all doubters, would you even know about rs if it wasn't in English and if you did then would you play? I think Spanish would open up a massive customer base.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

I actually think this is a great idea and I have asked myself the same question... Full support here

@ all doubters, would you even know about rs if it wasn't in English and if you did then would you play? I think Spanish would open up a massive customer base.

1. Do you want a huge number of newcomers?

2. Does Jagex want a huge number of newcomers?

3. Can Jagex's servers handle a huge number of newcomers? Can they afford to get more?

4. Are a huge number of newcomers necessary?

No, it's better for Jagex to focus only on languages that are already popular among players. Imagine if there was a Chinese version, I think the user base would double. Do you want that? Can Jagex afford all the new servers?

1. Do you want a huge number of newcomers?

2. Does Jagex want a huge number of newcomers?

3. Can Jagex's servers handle a huge number of newcomers? Can they afford to get more?

4. Are a huge number of newcomers necessary?

No, it's better for Jagex to focus only on languages that are already popular among players. Imagine if there was a Chinese version, I think the user base would double. Do you want that? Can Jagex afford all the new servers?

1. Who doesn't?

2. Obviously they want more people for their game.

3. A) Well, considering i'd say 70% of the servers have from 300-900 players there's alot of room...

B) Do you have any idea how much money they have lol?

4. New players are always welcomed.

Paying for a server isn't a one-time deal, like say, paying for a textbook might be. You need to not only pay for the initial hardware, but pay to maintain it and possibly for coverage. Does all of that cost compensate for the new memberships?

And if Jagex hasn't done this already, the answer is most likely no.

Jagex have already done a good job on the Translation front, and Spanish might well be the next candidate. Or it could be Dutch, or, I don't know, Swahili? It's all about potential player bases, where the language is popular, is widely spoken in a large/growing online community, but also where a high proportion of speakers of the language don't also speak a supported language.

If there are enough online spanglophones* out there who don't speak English or Portuguese, then it's a very likely candidate.

*spanglophone [n. One who speaks Spanish] isn't a real word, apparently. But it should be.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's all about potential player bases, where the language is popular, is widely spoken in a large/growing online community, but also where a high proportion of speakers of the language don't also speak a supported language.

If there are enough online spanglophones* out there who don't speak English or Portuguese, then it's a very likely candidate.

*spanglophone [n. One who speaks Spanish] isn't a real word, apparently. But it should be.

My thoughts exactly

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

I support. Spanish is also a commonly spoken language in Runescape, along with Dutch.

Speaking of which, they should also create a Dutch server.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention