Quest - The Shadow of a Delver

Danil445

Hey all, and welcome to my new quest. So, I was pretty bored :-P, and made a quest involving the Barrows brothers. You might encounter the stranger that gave the brothers their powers, and you might find some new, awesome, epic boots. :-) Enjoy!

“The Shadow of a Delver”

f_178qycysxcgm_f698c9a.png

Difficulty: Master

Length: Medium (need suggestions to make it longer!)

Requirements

(_) Completion of While Guthix Sleeps;

(_) Level 70 Attack;

(_) Level 70 Strength;

(_) Level 70 Defence;

(_) Level 70 Magic;

(_) Level 70 Ranged;

(X) Level 70 Thieving;

(X) Level 70 Agility.

(X) : Boost possible.

(_) : Boost not possible.

NPCs: Strange Old Man, Dharok the Wretched, Guthan the Infested, Torag the Corrupted, Verac the Defiled, Karil the Tainted, Ahrim the Blighted, Stranger.

Monsters: Dharok the Wretched (Level 115), Guthan the Infested (Level 115), Torag the Corrupted (Level 115), Verac the Defiled (Level 115), Karil the Tainted (Level 95), Ahrim the Blighted (Level 95), Stranger (Level 210).

1 - INTRODUCTION

Speak to the Strange Old Man at the Barrows hills, and he will tell you something useless, as usually. But if you have the requirements of the quest, you will notice that he mentions the stranger that gave the Barrows brothers their powers. Ask more about him, and he will tell you everything in a cryptic way. After the chat, you will be able to see the stranger in a random Barrows grave. Find him, and speak to him. He will quickly run away. In a random room of the tunnels (which differs for every player), you will find a hidden crevice. Enter it (under the ‘Examine’ option), and you will be in the stranger’s hideout.

2 - THE HIDEOUT

Talk to the stranger, and he will tell you that he is the stranger that gave the Barrows brothers their powers. You ask him to prove that, but he will deny to. Distract him by dropping some coins at the entrance of the hideout, and quickly try to pick the lock of the chest in the hideout. If you don’t succeed quickly enough, he will return, and throw you out of the room if he sees you’re trying to open the chest. Once you succeed, you will find 7 pairs of boots. Ask the stranger about it, he will say that he wants to give them to the Barrows brothers, so he can earn their trust. Go to the Barrows brothers, and speak to them. Tell them that a stranger claims to be the one who gave them their powers, which you don’t believe. Tell every Barrows brother to meet in the chest room of the tunnels.

3 - THE MEETING

Now, talk to the stranger again. Tell him you arranged a meeting with the Barrows brothers in the chest room. He will come there. Go to the chest room, and hide behind an obstacle. A cutscene will play, showing a conversion between the stranger and the Barrows brothers. He says that he wants the armour of all the Barrows brothers as fee to resurrect them, and that he will search for their ancient, long-lost boots. You will jump out, and shout that they must not believe him, and that he has stolen the boots. After a discussion, the Barrows brothers don’t believe you, so they all attack you at once. Once you’ve killed all of them, return to every Barrows brother, and tell them to meet at the chest room again, as you will prove that he is a liar.

4 - EVIDENCE

Go back to the stranger’s hideout, and take the 7 pairs of boots out of it. Go to the chest room, and show them the boots. You will say that they were in his hideout, and that he has 7 boots, while there are only 6 brothers. They will partially believe you, but to earn their full trust, you must make the stranger admit. Speak to the stranger, and tell him to tell the truth to prevent trouble. He will not do this, so he starts to attack you with a spell that can ignore Prayers, heal himself, deal massive damage when he is on low health, lower your run energy, lower your Agility level, or lower your Strength level. Bring the stranger to low health, but don’t kill him, as you need him to admit. So once he’s on low health, he will still deny to admit, but he will stop attacking you.

5 - ANOTHER TRUTH SERUM

Now go to the Strange Old Man on the barrows, and he will suggest to make a potion that makes people tell the truth (still in a cryptic way). He doesn’t know that such a potion exists, so make a Truth Serum like you did in the While Guthix Sleeps quest. Speak to all Barrows brothers, and tell them to meet in the hideout (you will give them the location). The stranger will be surrounded by you and the Barrows brothers. Force him to drink the Truth Serum, and he will. Ask him if he is the true stranger, he will say the simple truth: no. It seems that he just wanted the armour to earn some millions. Then, all Barrows brothers attack him, but he escapes with his ring of Life. Congratulations! Quest complete! For now... ;-)

REWARDS

- A pair of Barrows boots.

- Improved loot from the Barrows minigame.

- 35.000 Attack exp;

- 35.000 Strength exp;

- 35.000 Magic exp;

- 35.000 Ranged exp;

- 35.000 Thieving exp;

- 35.000 Agility exp.

Barrows boots: These will be the best boots in the game, and include Magic bonuses (Ahrim), a Ranged attack bonus (Karil), and a Prayer bonus (Verac). Offensive bonuses: +0 Stab, +0 Slash, +0 Crush, +5 Magic, +5 Ranged. Defensive bonuses: +20 Stab, +21 Slash, +22 Crush, +5 Magic, +0 Ranged, +19 Summoning. Other bonuses: +5 Strength, +3 Prayer.

SEQUEL SPECULATIONS & SUGGESTIONS

f_xxsepwom_2a4d14a.png

Speculation #1: The Strange Old Man is Gargon from the Spirit of Summer quest (there is strong evidence already: he knows Jennica just like Gargon (see picture), and he digs graves just like Gargon). As this means he is alive in RuneScape and dead in the spirit realm, the other characters of the Spirit of Summer quest might also be alive in RuneScape! This would make sense, as everything that’s in the Spirit realm, is not in RuneScape (and vice versa). This could lead to a nice sequel to Summer’s End + this quest. :)

Speculation #2: The title “The Shadow of a Delver” might hint that the fake stranger is actually the true stranger, but could also mean that the fake stranger tries to stand in his shadow, thus following (imitating) him.

Suggestion #1: The spell that the fake stranger used on you, is the spell the true stranger used to enchant the Barrows brothers’ weapons.

Suggestion #2: The Strange Old Man is the fake stranger.

Suggestion #3: The fake stranger appears to be the true stranger after all.

POST AWAY! :-D

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

to be honest, I dont see how you can fight all the barrows brothers at the same time, as the chest room is single combat. BUT! if you make ahrim teleport you somewhere that is multicombat, you will be able to fight them all at once (a bit like the spirit realm, or maybe they could ask you to bring jennicas ring, as ahrim senses it, and it will let them find out the truth, you bring them the ring, they teleport you to the spirit realm, and you fight them (as they are spirits, they will gain power in the spirit realm!) allowing for a harder fight!

Its a good quest, I reccomend you put this on the RSOF!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

to be honest, I dont see how you can fight all the barrows brothers at the same time, as the chest room is single combat. BUT! if you make ahrim teleport you somewhere that is multicombat, you will be able to fight them all at once (a bit like the spirit realm, or maybe they could ask you to bring jennicas ring, as ahrim senses it, and it will let them find out the truth, you bring them the ring, they teleport you to the spirit realm, and you fight them (as they are spirits, they will gain power in the spirit realm!) allowing for a harder fight!

The fight wouldn't be fought in the chest room, it would be in a separate room. If you've done The Chosen Commander, you'll know that there are 2 throne rooms: one for the quest while you are playing as Zanik/fighting the avatar, and one for killing the statues after the quest. And seeing that you can only enter the Spirit realm in the Wilderness, I'm afraid that using the Spirit realm at Barrows isn't possible. :( Anyways, I have like 6 threads running on the RSOF already, so I don't want to add another one. :P If you want, you can add it though. ;)

M200.png

The fight wouldn't be fought in the chest room, it would be in a separate room. If you've done The Chosen Commander, you'll know that there are 2 throne rooms: one for the quest while you are playing as Zanik/fighting the avatar, and one for killing the statues after the quest. And seeing that you can only enter the Spirit realm in the Wilderness, I'm afraid that using the Spirit realm at Barrows isn't possible. :( Anyways, I have like 6 threads running on the RSOF already, so I don't want to add another one. :P If you want, you can add it though. ;)

Not right now you mean :wink:

And personally, thinking this over, this needs some serious changes. fighting for some boots with nothing really special but some stats with WGS as a requirement? Thats alot of work for very little reward. Give them a nice side effect when used with barrow sets. :thumbup:

Nice storyline, I think a big part of the players enjoy Barrow's, so a quest about them would be great :)

Nice balanced out stats since you have to do WGS before this quest.

But my question is the following; are the boots degradable and tradeable?

99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.

85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.

99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.

99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.

99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.

99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.

osiris_1993.png

There is a mistake in the level classification. Since it requires While Guthix Sleeps, it MUST be Grandmaster.

The classification of the quest can't be lower than the classification of its requirements.

There is a mistake in the level classification. Since it requires While Guthix Sleeps, it MUST be Grandmaster.

The classification of the quest can't be lower than the classification of its requirements.

And where does it say this? Though, i'd say this quest could easily lead into a Grandmaster.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

And where does it say this? Though, i'd say this quest could easily lead into a Grandmaster.

Just look at the quest list webpage of Jagex. The classification of a quest is NEVER lower than its requirements.

Also, the classification is not a difficulty classification. It's all about requirements. Jagex is just lying when they call it difficulty in the in-game quest list.

Have you done quests like Underground Pass (experienced), MEP2 (master), Forgiveness of a Chaos dwarf (master) and While Guthix Sleeps? You'd notice that even Underground Pass is harder than Forgiveness even though Forgiveness is higher level.

MEP2 is harder than WGS because of the 3d puzzle. WGS is higher level simply because of its higher requirements.

Just look at the quest list webpage of Jagex. The classification of a quest is NEVER lower than its requirements.

Also, the classification is not a difficulty classification. It's all about requirements. Jagex is just lying when they call it difficulty in the in-game quest list.

Have you done quests like Underground Pass (experienced), MEP2 (master), Forgiveness of a Chaos dwarf (master) and While Guthix Sleeps? You'd notice that even Underground Pass is harder than Forgiveness even though Forgiveness is higher level.

MEP2 is harder than WGS because of the 3d puzzle. WGS is higher level simply because of its higher requirements.

It doesn't mean it HAS to have a higher requirement, this could be the first. JaGEx has stated that some quests get a higher ranking because of their requirements. Which is kind of the reason While Guthix Sleeps hit Grandmaster. Mournings Ends Part II and Within The Light are the same ranking (Master) Doesn't look like Within The Light is at a higher level to me.

#rpgformod

It doesn't mean it HAS to have a higher requirement, this could be the first. JaGEx has stated that some quests get a higher ranking because of their requirements. Which is kind of the reason While Guthix Sleeps hit Grandmaster. Mournings Ends Part II and Within The Light are the same ranking (Master) Doesn't look like Within The Light is at a higher level to me.

The level must be SAME or HIGHER than the required quest. Never lower. It's a Jagex policy.

The level must be SAME or HIGHER than the required quest. Never lower. It's a Jagex policy.

I still can't see where it says this. They've never said a thing on it., and if they have, please show me.

#rpgformod

I still can't see where it says this. They've never said a thing on it., and if they have, please show me.

Check the quest list and see if there is any quests with lower classification than its requirements. No, you won't find any. It's not a coincidence.

The classification is all about the requirements and it has nothing to do with the length or difficulty of the quest itself. Mourning's ends part 2 and Within the Light is a perfect example. WTL would have been intermediate if it was about difficulty. The only thing that can be really "difficult" is puzzles. Anything else is pure luck. MEP2 puzzle is definitely more difficult.

Check the quest list and see if there is any quests with lower classification than its requirements. No, you won't find any. It's not a coincidence.

The classification is all about the requirements and it has nothing to do with the length or difficulty of the quest itself. Mourning's ends part 2 and Within the Light is a perfect example. WTL would have been intermediate if it was about difficulty. The only thing that can be really "difficult" is puzzles. Anything else is pure luck. MEP2 puzzle is definitely more difficult.

That's not showing me that it's a requirement, damn it. It may be like that, but it's NOT a freaking requirement.

#rpgformod

@ AKASNM, what about making the Barrows set effects manual if you have the boots + gloves + any set? :)

@ osiris_1993, they would be untradeable and undegradeable, like the gloves. ;)

@ daxter76 & Karvinen, this would be simply 'Master' due to its difficulty. It doesn't matter if a required quest is harder, IMO, and it wouldn't make any players quit. :rolleyes:

M200.png

@ AKASNM, what about making the Barrows set effects manual if you have the boots + gloves + any set? :)

@ daxter76 & Karvinen, this would be simply 'Master' due to its difficulty. It doesn't matter if a required quest is harder, IMO, and it wouldn't make any players quit. :rolleyes:

However, if Jagex actually made this quest, they would classify it as Grandmaster due to the requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

However, if Jagex actually made this quest, they would classify it as Grandmaster due to the requirements.

I guess you're right.

M200.png