Pen pals?

Howlin0001

I've been wondering, are pen pals kind gone now (as in no one has one any more)? Offhand I don't know anyone who actually has a penpal.

I did have one a few years ago called Anthony. But for some reason we stopped talking a few years ago, I can't remember why. But three and a half years ago I got another penpal (well two really, but one was American and the other was German, I never really talked to the German one because my German was very bad). I have been talking to my American penpal for the last three and a half years, but only actually met her face-to-face last May. In the beginning we did talk via handwritten letters, but after a while we moved to MSN and E-mail.

Do you think the internet kind of ruined the who traditional pen pal thing?

I kind of think it does.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I've never had a pen pal, but I've always liked writing letters. Nowadays I don't have any reason to, but hopefully when I start travelling I'll be able to get some nice correspondence on the go.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Yes as emails are instantaneous and you can go through a years worth of correspondance by traditional letter is roughly an afternoon. It's also much simpler and practically free.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

My Girlfriend and I are quite a distance away, and we send letters to each other, so I guess that's kinda pen pal-ish (is that a word?) I have Friends from Peru, France, Bangladesh etc, and the internet is making it much easier to keep in contact with them :)

I had one in third grade maybe. He lived in the same state as me, and after a few months of writing back and forth we were supposed to have a day where we met them and have like a picnic or something. My pen pal was the only one that didn't show up. [wagon]. :x

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 3 weeks later...

(why do I still lurk in tif...)

Anywho, I guess minimudkipz could probably count as mine, though in a purely virtual way. I dont think I've gone longer then two weeks without not talking with him. Even when I dont see him log in on Guild Wars (which I got him to play with me) I use a forum or youtube to message him. If anything the internet made them more common. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a virtual bestfriend, a guy they may have never met irl but still treat with the same standards virtually.

Keyboard pals ftw?

(why do I still lurk in tif...)

Anywho, I guess minimudkipz could probably count as mine, though in a purely virtual way. I dont think I've gone longer then two weeks without not talking with him. Even when I dont see him log in on Guild Wars (which I got him to play with me) I use a forum or youtube to message him. If anything the internet made them more common. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a virtual bestfriend, a guy they may have never met irl but still treat with the same standards virtually.

Keyboard pals ftw?

I remember him!!! I haven't really talked to him since last october or something. How do you guys keep in touch?

wl7w9j.png

I had a pen pal in sixth grade, he sent me a picture of himself, it was THE gayest picture I have ever seen, the kid was unbelievably iffeminate(sp?).

Was he the same age as you?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I had a pen pal in sixth grade, he sent me a picture of himself, it was THE gayest picture I have ever seen, the kid was unbelievably iffeminate(sp?).

Was he the same age as you?

Yes he was. He may have been a year younger, he was from laura secord elementary in british columbia, if I remember correctly. I haz 1337 memrz?

(why do I still lurk in tif...)Anywho, I guess minimudkipz could probably count as mine, though in a purely virtual way. I dont think I've gone longer then two weeks without not talking with him. Even when I dont see him log in on Guild Wars (which I got him to play with me) I use a forum or youtube to message him. If anything the internet made them more common. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a virtual bestfriend, a guy they may have never met irl but still treat with the same standards virtually.Keyboard pals ftw?
I remember him!!! I haven't really talked to him since last october or something. How do you guys keep in touch?

WHen I quit runescape he bought Guild Wars and quit runescape also.