Big deal?

RayOxide

About 2 months ago I got a new computer, so this computer I am currently using had no use until a few days ago, Ubuntu (Latest), so I was wondering what exactly are the massively huge big deals about Ubuntu?

I only really know a few.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I dont really understand your post.

You put Ubuntu on your old computer and you want to know what you can do with it? :?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well, generally.

I want to know why its better than windows for normal browsing-stuff, I know all the other stuff though

I got this from a website.

"1. No Viruses - Thats true! as Linux does not recognize Win32 Executables so the possibility of having a virus on-board is absolutely 0%

2. Open Source - Unlike Windows, Linux distributions are open source and the source code can be edited and modified to the most to suit your needs.

3. Better Learning - While Windows just teaches you how to install and run a program, Linux helps you do that using a Terminal. So if you fall in a situation where you don't have a GUI, you can operate things well.

4. Free Software - Every application and software on Linux is free and open source. You don't need to worry about licenses anymore and you can always find a better and free Linux alternative to a Windows application.

5. Easy to Use - This point may seem ironic but is true to a lot of extent. Linux Ubuntu is one of the most user-friendly and easy to use Linux distribution which even beats Windows XP and Vista in usability and ease of use.

6. Ubuntu Community Help - Ubuntu has a very active support and help community where you can get answer to your questions and problems in minutes.

7. Cool Desktop Effects - For those who think Aero in Windows Vista is damn cool! wait till you experience Compiz on Ubuntu which provides better 3D desktop effects with less resource usage.

8. Easy Upgrade - You can upgrade Linux Ubuntu through the package manager and all applications can be installed/updated through it. There is no need to Google for freewares as the package manager helps you find all of them.

9. Highly Customizable - If you like customizing your operating system without a billion registry and software hacks then Ubuntu is your ultimate choice.

10. Experience Live - Linux Ubuntu CDs come with a pre-installed OS environment which allows you to run the OS without even installing it. Carry your Ubuntu Live CD with you and use it on any PC anywhere around the world.

"

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Its free and does pretty much everything the average user would want.

Add to it the ability to get different distros for different hardware and the tweakablity, its a damn good deal.

Add compiz manager and play around with the cubes and you'll love the interface (I got it running near perfect on a netbook).

Theres pretty much all your windows apps alternatives available for download free of charge.

O and did I say its free (A windows license will set you back £60+)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I have Ubuntu and Windows 7 virtualized on my MacBook and I much prefer Windows. Generally I am biased, having used Windows for most of my life. But give it a shot; there are multiple distros that will fit on your USB drive or CD.

hopesolopatriot.jpg