NTLDR missing question....

jewelfire

OK, before I throw my other puter out the blasted window, I thought I would ask here if anyone can help...

I had to perform a restore on my other puter. At the point that I get the message "Windows is loading...Please wait...", the puter thinks, then reboots and I get a... windows cannot load missing ......system32\hal.dll file please reinstall file...or something similar. I then use my recovery console and run a chkdsk /r it says is found and fixed one or more errors. I then exit and try to finish the restore at which point, after the puter tries to load windows again, reboots itself, then I get the message...NTLDR is missing...hit ctrl+alt+del to restart computer. I do this and the message keeps coming with every reboot. :shock: I tried to manually install the missing file by copying to the c: drive from the cd where it is, I also tried to copy it from a floppy that I loaded the NTLDR and NTDETIECT.COM files on but to no avail. :cry: *breathes*

Any ideas? or anyway to bypass to get windows to finish loading?

Oh, I also have reformatted the hard drive to try a clean restore, still get this result at the end.

okay, as Biox knows, I am a bit puter illiterate, so HELP! please. I really don't want to have to buy a new puter and that one is for my business. :cry:

[qfc][/qfc]jewelfire.png

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trobles with your comp... being someone that has had my share of problems i can relate to the agravation such causes...

Unfortunately I am no whiz when it comes to these things... I did however run a search on your error and came to this site that looked like it may be able to help you... http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

If this does not look hopeful to you then perhaps posted in the tech and computer forum http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=45 on this board will help.

Good Luck!

the pup

swordsig16zk.gif

Don't throw it out. This can be fixed. A question and a couple of things to try.

Question: Which version of windows are you using (XP, 2000, Me...)?

Things to try.

1: Make sure you didn't leave a floppy disk in the drive. Also remove any CD-ROM from that drive.

2: See if some mod can move this to computer support forum there are some experts there.

If you did a reformat and you are still having problems try solution 1 right away. That's the easiest. Don't give up unless it's an old computer that should be replaced anyways. I won't be able to respond for a few hours. Going offline.

mcguff1.png

no floppies or cd's left in puter, that i checked on about the 10th reboot, pardon my frustration, and it is version XP.

hi pup, been to that site too. (plus a few more) i'm afraid there is a prob with the driver for amdagp.sys or something along those lines, sheesh i've worked and reworked on it so much i'm getting confused

[qfc][/qfc]jewelfire.png