Teaks vs Ivy

jijilentosmi

Since I don't have definate exp rates on Ivy I thought I'd ask around so...

Assuming the Inferno Adze is used.

How does the combined experience in woodcutting and firemaking at teaks weigh in agaisnt the supeior woodcutting experience of Ivy?

(Be sure to consider firemaking exp/hr and gp/exp)

Thanks <_<

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I believe Teaks and Ivy are very close in woodcutting experience per hour (around 75k at higher levels). However Teaks will also give you around 20-23k firemaking experience per hour when you use the Inferno Adze.

That being said many people prefer Ivy because it requires a lot less attention as you don't have to drop any logs whereas with Teaks you have to every few minutes. It's all personal preference really. I would rather pay little attention while woodcutting Ivy and then burn maples for my firemaking experience separately.

I didn't include any gp/xp rates because banking Teaks is a complete waste of time and experience.

Hope this helps. :)

i was under the impression that teaks were faster, u would just need to deal with the pain of dropping logs

I'm not certain but I hear in excess of 80k exp/hr with Ivy, whereas low 70s is where Teaks max out.

a few of the powercutting guides for teaks claim 80k-90k xp/hour that's why

That and i heard ivy's were slower than lumberyard, which i timed to max out at 100k xp/hour assuming you fail none of the actions (which almost never happens even at 99)

either way the xp rate of both is really close. It boils down to if you're willing to drop the logs

oh btw, the varrock ivy east of the castle near the farming patch is useful if you're chopping with a fruit bat

at current prices, using the fruitfall scrolls every time your bat's spec bar recharges adds 300k gp/hour to your income, but cuts into your wcing time.

maybe that can help you decide?

Naaxi.png

I didn't include any gp/xp rates because banking Teaks is a complete waste of time and experience.

I meant the gp lost per firemaking exp.

Ah my bad, burning teaks is around 1.3gp/xp. (But since you would just drop the logs anyways it's basically free experience) :)

One thing I also forgot to mention is that you can now get special teak logs from cutting teak trees. So it might be worthwhile for you to cut teaks rather than Ivy.