Accessing Falador Library

archimage_a

You emerge, bleary eyed, a little bit drunk and in a happy mood. It is then that she strikes.

"Archimage!" You yelp in surprise as the wind suddenly picks up and the sky gets very dark.

"Yes it is I, Archimage!" A bolt of lighting cracks above your head "How would you feel about joining Falador Library?" and the wind dies down.

"I, errr"

"Its really very simple, we already know you can roleplay, now its just a question of agreeing to some rules."

"Rules?" Suddenly wishing you were a bit less drunk.

"Yes, rules. I have a flyer here, all you have to do is sign your name and give it back to me."

"I, errr, can I, errr"

"Yes, yes, take all the time you need." With that she turns around and you can faintly hear a choir of Angels begin to sing, and an orchestra begin playing Amazing Grace. As you watch a hole in the clouds opens and a Holy Light shines down from the sky giving her A Golden Halo around her and while you are distracted by this she walks off down a side road.

After a few minutes of standing opened mouthed you look down at the leaflet which seems to glow with fiery intensity.

Falador Library, the less rowdy neighbour of Falador Tavern

We are the hardcore members, the ones who Tip It calls on when there is a Roleplaying Emergency. To join you must swear by the Royal Roleplayer's Charter to uphold the charter at all costs, the charter has been passed down though the centuries, by word of mouth at first before finally being written down last year. If you can agree to uphold it then sign your name below and we will know that your soul in honourable

1. Should you post your message more than once or before you have a reply, you will meet with the PostMaster, and he is not a very nice...thing.

2. Swear at peril. Too much peril will result in a rather short obituary.

3. There has been a recent spree of smiley shaped engravings which people have used while they are speaking. Do not use them, they are rather annoying.

4. When you do not spell in the right way you annoy others. The same with Grammar. Of course though if you have an accent we are sure to be more understanding.

5. Death is not pretty, give your victim some warning.

6. Death without purpose solves nothing, death for robbery...that is against the law. The former will earn you a one way trip to death itself, where as the later will land you in a jail cell. Remember that before you strike them the last time...

7. OOC: When you are talking Out Of Context please make sure other people know, either by underscoring

_________

Like so, or by using OOC.

8. Imagine that all the worlds a stage, and all the men and women mearly players, they have the exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts...Now imagine that your audience in blind. Description is your friend....Because blind people have sticks and they don't half hurt.

9. Magic is to be used sparingly....it does have limits you know...I remember one time that Hawks tried to use a levitation spell to jump ten feet off the ground...Laid up in bed for the rest of the day...

10. If you have something relevant to say then say it...if you don't then don't say it. Also keep moving forwards. One liners will not be tolerated

Beneath is another less fluted version.

1. No double posts.

2. Please keep swearing to a minimum.

3. Please do not use smileys while in character.

4. Please use correct spelling and grammar when writing the stories, however, your character may speak and spell as needed for their personality.

5. Ask before you kill another character.

6. Dont kill character, your own or other peoples, without a good reason.

7. Always use ooc to show when you are out of character in Rusco.

8. Write as you would as if you were writing a story. When speaking, you might bold your words, italicize them, or make them a different color. Description is your friend!

9. Think. If something isnt logical, try to find a logical way to do it. Be fair to others and in fights. Be realistic in your storytelling. Magic may exist, but you cant jump ten feet in the air unless youre superhuman.

10. Please make relevant posts, and post at least three sentences per post.

11. All other forum rules apply as well.

12. Any rule(Excluding 11) can be withdrawn by the Games Master of the story at any time.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I don't see how alot of those rules apply to Hegemony. There will be swearing. I guarentee it. And seeing as how acting as a country isn't really a "character" I'm gonna load up a surplus of smiley emoticons and collect all the neglected ones other users will aparently leave behind. And If I kill you. You're dead. I'm not asking for your written consent, granting me permission to slaughter you.

But I suppose, this is why I don't role play. I'm a tactition, and a strategist, not a role player.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

RPG, there WILL NOT be swearing. its against forum rules, thats why there are censors.

Also read rule 12.

and the the forum isn't entirely for the hegemony, its for other things aswell.

And those are actully the old falador library rules

Rules these are actully what you should be reading.

meatlover.png

RPG, there WILL NOT be swearing. its against forum rules, thats why there are censors.

Also read rule 12.

and the the forum isn't entirely for the hegemony, its for other things aswell.

And those are actully the old falador library rules

Rules these are actully what you should be reading.

Fair enough, but the fact that these rules don't apply to the hegemony imply that these rules don't apply to 50% of this particular subforum. I'm familiar with the TIF rules, and I do my best to abide by them. But stating that there shouldn't be any swearing isn't going to stop it in all honesty. Yes the censors blcok the words themselves, but that's not giong to make them disappear.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

This is specifically for people who want to join Falador Library, as in the strict conformist role play group, rather than the free and fun Tavern roleplays. Its our way of advertising=D

• 6 months later...

Its basically dead, it always limped, then I got working with Hegemony and Hawks got working with her new responsibilites and it sort of died entirely, just be occationally updated by people in the games.

:cry: