2012....the End is Near...er

Beethovens29

I looked through the first page of this forum and I couldn't find a topic on the subject of 2012, so I figured I'd post one here (unless there was some sort of rule that i never heard of in which we are restricted in talking about 2012). Okay, so basically I'm sure you've all heard of the claim that the world will end in 2012. Why though? What do you think will happen? etc.

Some key points to keep in mind:

-Certain "Evidence" which causes some people to believe that the end is 2012=

*Mayan Calendar: Supposedly, this calendar consists of 13 cycles which each repeat. December 21, 2012 is the date that Mayan historians claim the Mayan calendar cycle ends.

Is it a hint to the end of the world? or where the Mayans just to tired to make a more complicated calendar.

*Geomagnetic Reversal: Scientists predict that there is to be a huge solar flare in 2012 that will rip through our weakened magnetic field and literally roast the entire planet.

Meh....science has been wrong before right?

*Galactic Alignment: The Galactic Alignment is when all the planets in our solar system (and the sun) align with the black hole in the center of our galaxy. This alignment would affect our planet because of the gravitational pull of each body against each other. The Sun passes through a galactic disc which increases its gravitational influence every 10-25 million years, and evidence shows that this happened already 3 million years ago.

So? The black hole is 30,000 light years from Earth, way to far to affect us....why worry?

*Nostradamus(one of the big influences for scientists): Nostradamus was a prophet from the 1500's. He wrote quatrains which supposedly "predicted" natural disasters and such which would happen in the future. Nostradamus historians say that he "predicted" 9/11, Napoleon's and Hitler's rise and fall, the Great Fire of London, Obama's Election, the Iraq War, etc. Supposedly that he predicts the world will end when certain "things" happen, and these "things" are described in a few other quatrains which some people believe are what's happening right now.

Well...I could right a bunch of stuff on paper and a bunch of them are bound to "come true" in a few hundred years.

*Doomsday Clock: Yes, there is indeed a Doomsday Clock. Currently the clock is set to 5 minutes to midnight. Midnight being the end of the world. The closer the clock is to midnight, the higher the risk of a nuclear war. This clock is based on nuclear activity between countries. If the dangerous nuclear activity increases, the clock is wound forward, the less nuclear activity, the clock is wound back. The last time the clock was changed was in January 2007 - it was changed from 7 minutes to 5 minutes.

I doubt a "metaphoric clock" (even though there is a physical representation of the clock) will be able to predict when the world will end.

Ok, so...what are your ideas on the 2012 theory? Is it just political hype or is it a warning?

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png