what do you think will happen in 2012?

SeanyTheSailor

Most people have heard that the world is supposedly going to end in 2012. I personally believe that we are gonna be fine, but I also think that there will be mass chaos due to people who think the world is really going to end. So my question to you is, what do you think is going to happen and what are you going to do about it?

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people have heard that the world is supposedly going to end in 2012. I personally believe that we are gonna be fine, but I also think that there will be mass chaos due to people who think the world is really going to end. So my question to you is, what do you think is going to happen and what are you going to do about it?

People only believe this because that is when the (3th cycle of the Mayan calander ends. There is no evidence that the Mayans themselves believed the end of the world to occur after the calender ends. It's only conspiracy nuts that like to push this thing. The upcoming movie is just overkill. It looks terrible in my opinion.

Nothing is going to happen, but it is fun to entertain the thought of the Mayans being able to predict the end of the world. They did have one of the most accurate calender's ever created before modern technology.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Exactly the same as the last hpe type destruction thing i remember, the mllenium bug. Absolutely nothing will happen.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Exactly the same as the last hpe type destruction thing i remember, the mllenium bug. Absolutely nothing will happen.

The last end of the world thing was the Large Hadron Collider. Black holes. :roll:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The last end of the world thing was the Large Hadron Collider. Black holes. :roll:

The thing that was funny about that is the guy who came up with it was completely unqualified, like a Biologist or Botanist or something.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Oh but that one actually had a minescule chance of happening didn't it? Although do we have 3 years worth of data into the duture paths of asteoids, maybe theres a minescule chance of one of them hitting in 2012.

Although tbh, i think theres more chance of 1000 mayan's suddeny appearing at the London 2012 Olympics to compete, and winning more golds than anybody, than the world ending in the same year.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

(on the day of the alleged apocolypse)I'll be in college. A few people will kill themselves, a ton of people will start attending their respective religous ceremonies. It might snow. A lot of people in New York will scream I told you so. Something slighty strange will happen and be blown way out of proportion. The day will end, and the next one will begin.

So nothing too out of the ordinary.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Enough with these replies. Add to the thread or don't post.

The world will move at its usual pace but you'll just see news reports of the belief and whatnot.

I personally can't wait to see what will happen.

I think I'll visit a Mayan tribe before the occurrence and laugh at all of them when I'm still standing a half hour later.

:?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

The world will keep going around the sun, like it has for million and millions of years.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The US economy will collapse. The prison system will become over loaded and private buisnessess will take over and turn them into something similar to the gladiator games where inmates will fight to the death on live tv and if they were to win so many fights they would go free. eventually we would get bored of watching it and they will think of a new way of entertaining us. they will give the inmates heavilly modified cars with machine guns, rocket launchers and the rest of the world will live happily ever after.

if only.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The US economy will collapse. The prison system will become over loaded and private buisnessess will take over and turn them into something similar to the gladiator games where inmates will fight to the death on live tv and if they were to win so many fights they would go free. eventually we would get bored of watching it and they will think of a new way of entertaining us. they will give the inmates heavilly modified cars with machine guns, rocket launchers and the rest of the world will live happily ever after.

if only.

....Kids nowadays.

Though I'm pretty sure you're kidding.

But anyways...kids...*grunt*

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I'ma graduaaaaaaaaaaate high schoooooooooooooooooooool. [bleep] yeah. Sounds like a good year.

TI will release a new album.

So will Maroon 5.

Several celebrities will die.

There will be an election, and Obama will win.

There will be trouble in the Middle East

Christmas!

Easter!

July 4th!

Thanksgiving!

Birthday! I'll be 18!

I'll start college!

My parents might move to Dallas!

I'll buy my motorcycle!

Exclamation marks will be so out of style.

Cancer drugs.

Marijuana will be legalized and brutally turned into cigarettes by tobacco companies.

I'm gonna take you by surprise, and make you realize, Amanda.

There will be a boy and fifteen girls born on February 29th.

I will get into a bar fight.

I will meet Jewel Staite and Summer Glau and Morena Baccarin. What happens from there, can only be influenced by ROCK AND ROLL

Ryan Reynolds will officially declare me his dawg.

I'll visit New York City for the first time. Maybe I'll get mugged or something, haha.

Recession = over!

Challengers will become the official car of ROCK AND ROLL

The expression ROCK AND ROLL will be so damn ROCK AND ROLL

Stupid skinny jeans will be out of style.

I'll actually have to go on a ROCK AND ROLL road trip to NYC, Chapel Hill, Austin, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle because not only will I get accepted to the colleges I like, I will be BEGGED to go there.

I will save the life of Adam Sandler.

Adam Sandler will die.

Fable 3 comes out. Is disappointing.

I'll go to SXSW 2012 and I am so ROCK AND ROLL that I am declared the king of the festival.

North Korea will not be ROCK AND ROLL

punctuation and capitalization is lame

Occasionally.

Looks like ROCK AND ROLL to me!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

QFT

Enough with these replies. Add to the thread or don't post.

Lighten up noob mod (mind if I call you that?). They're just stating their opinion and giving a proper perspective of what the general view of this forum is in response to the question, and in a succinct and efficient manner to boot. That is, they are adding to the thread.

And I agree with them.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The forecast is based primarily on what is claimed to be the end-date of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, which is presented as lasting 5,125 years and as terminating on December 21 or 23, 2012, along with interpretations of assorted legends, scriptures, numerological constructions and prophecies.
From Wiki.

Notice the, "along with interpretations of assorted legends, scriptures, numerological constructions and prophecies," most people think its just because of the Mayan calendar but its not.

Personally, I don't believe anything is going to happen, but I hope we all die. I just think it would be amazing if this actually came true, so I want it to happen.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

^

Agreed.

On topic: This whole 2012 thing reminds me of a story my mom told me about her childhood. Supposedly when she was around 10 years old her mom told her that the world was going to end, and when the day came (don't remember exact date, but it was some religious apocalypse thing), my mom went on the front porch and cried for hours and finally, in her little 10 year old way, accepted her fate of death. When the day ended, and nothing happened, she had essentially had her first near-death experience. I suppose that experience her made her into the anti-bs kind of person she is today. Meanwhile, my grandma is stocking her shelves with hundreds of pounds of apocalypse rations.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]