2 Year Haitus - Need Some Help on Best Ranging Equip

DegenerateX

So I just came back from a 2 year break and can't believe at how lost I am at all the new developments. First of all, how are barrow armours so high in price. 5 mil for Karil's? That used to be like 600k.

Anyways so now that I'm broke according to modern rs prices I'm looking to get back into leveling my range from 95-99 since at least my skill levels can't be revoked when the market feels like it. I'm going to be pest controlling and was wondering what the best budget equipment would be. This is geared exclusively for ranged attack bonus, defense doesn't matter at all.

So far I've bought full black d'hide since Karil's is too expensive now and I don't want to pay for degrading costs if Im going to be using it at pc. Armadyl is too expensive for me (was on track to get it too before I quit =/ )

So far I have:

Full Black D'hide (anything better than this that's like 2m max?)

Archer Helm

Amulet of Ranging (read it's the best ammy)

Accumulator (still the best for range attack bonus?)

Rune X-Bow

Unholy Book

Archers Ring

I have a budget of about 3m left. Is there anything better I can get for the money?

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Got most of it.

God coifs are better than archer, and is within your price.

However range void is better for camping if you can be stuffed playing PC.

Though, tbh if you havent played for 2 years theres no need to go back.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I've just always wanted 99 range and magic and it's just been bugging me that I was so close, but never got there.

Thanks for the god coif answer. Any idea what kind of bolt I should be using? I was thinking mithril bolts. Too expensive?

If you have Void ranging set you can use that. Karils isn't need for ranging as it has same bonuses as Black D hide, just better def stats. I would use Crystal bow instead, but thats up to you.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If you have Void ranging set you can use that. Karils isn't need for ranging as it has same bonuses as Black D hide, just better def stats. I would use Crystal bow instead, but thats up to you.

Crystal bow is too slow, and even though I have the recharge cost down to 180k it's still cheaper to buy mithril bolts with a rune x-bow. It'll do the same amount of damage too, and bolts are faster than crystals. Crystals are just an outdated relic of the past. It's too bad because I used to be quite fond of them.

Use broad-tipped bolts, if you have 55 slayer.

Your setup is pretty good, but use a god coif. Also you didn't mention boots, use snakeskin.

Void is a good idea too if you want to spend a couple extra days getting the points for it, but it's worth it.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

Really? I used to have void but never really noticed it being substantially better than black d'hide.

I'll definitely look into that then if it works out to be more xp an hour. And I'm 15k xp off of 55 slayer =/

And do those broad-tipped bolts work with a rune x-bow? What's the damage in comparison to mithril bolts

as they seem to be quite a bit more expensive too.

Aviansies can be found in the God Wars Dungeon; The entrance can be found by pushing aside a boulder with your strength skill, or crawling through a crack with your agility skill - the entrance is near Trollheim, just walk around the outside ring with protect from range on and you'll find it - you'll need a rope if it's your first time too.

For your inventory, you should take bones to peaches tablets, some food (and a rope, if it's your first time.)

You'll also need to change up your armour a bit; I'm not sure on the recommended build - but you want to be a tank, so torag's legs and helm are a good idea. Remember, you can only attack Aviansies with ranged or magic attacks.

One last thing, if you're going into the God Wars Dungeon, you may want to equip an item that represents the gods Bandos, Armadyl, Saradomin and Zamorak in order for the dungeon to be non-aggressive.

Crystal bow is NOT worse than mithril bolts. It's on par or even better than broad bolts. Anyway, your outfit is great, except that you should use void if you have it already. Dont bother with ranger boots, get snakeskin. Also, I wouldn't bother with PC personally, but that's just me.

Above about cbow is true. Its the same power as broad bolts, (+100 range strength). It's faster and only loses the use of a shield.

I recommend it highly if you have it down to the 180k charges. Cheaper than adamant arrows and much much stronger.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Alright so I'm working on full void, already got the top and the helmet so now just need to get enough pc points for the bottom and the gloves.

I'll consider the broad bolts though