Blogging = Suspension for unfortunate students

AThousandLies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid in my school (Australia) got suspended for posting on the grade 12s personal website that he thought it wasn't fair that the school won't allow them to have a party after the formal.
I find it VERY hard to belive thats the whole story. I have a strong feeling that this guy wrote a little more than a harmless rant.

unfortunatly its illegal now adays to express violent thoughts

a kid was asked recently to write a story... he wrote one with violance and was kicked out of school or something much harsher then it shoulda been

Are you kidding me?

Wow.... Let's threaten to kill people and not get in trouble at all.

Oh wait, no.

so a actor that in script has to threaten to blow up the world should be taken SERIOUSLY..

hmmm

the problem is people are not taking things into context.

a STORIE is just that a STORIE

if we treated everything written as the honest opinion and belived that the author would do what they said..... we would have to arrest and drug all authors

on top of that all game writers

on top of that any and all adults that said that they would love to kill somone...

hmm... i see 100% of the worlds population in prison because of there thoughts and writing...

so.... where does it end... when do we start to use our brains and take context into the matter

when a child/young adult uses a STORY to express there anger and NOT bullets.... we should be celebrating.... congragulating... poping open champagne bottles because somone used there brain

Wow....If I go to school pissed off at someone, and tell them that I am going to kill them, that is entirely different then the stupid point that you are trying to make.

Your comment about "an actor" is completely irrelevant to what I said. Next time you try to argue with someone read what they wrote.

I don't care about people blogging their emotions, but not in a viloent way. If someone threatens, or writes about killing me, I will not stop until something is done about it.

No one took the kids seriously at Columbine, and look what happened there.

kthxdone.

i don't think you understood.. doing blogs and other ways of writing that is payed attention to but not OVER REACTING is what i mean

IE if someone is being bullied and they have 80% of there posts about killing... then yeah... step in and help the poor kid.....

but the one off storie or post about it... pay attention but let the kids try to work it out

You have completely changed what you have said since the very beginning. You make no sense.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

stuff
He said a story with violence. Not even a story about violence. He gave absolutely no details, no specifics, no nothing. The only thing he said was that at some point in this kids story there was a violent scene. How did you get: getting pissed off at someone, going to school and threatening to kill them, and then posting online that you'll kill them, from that?

Just curious.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I wasn't commenting about his "storie" even though he doesn't know how to spell "story".

He made that up out of no where.

Because he is a moron, like I said.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I wasn't commenting about his "storie" even though he doesn't know how to spell "story".

He made that up out of no where.

Because he is a moron, like I said.

try reading everything you have posted again :wink:

tmpphpnppgpw.png

You have completely changed what you have said since the very beginning. You make no sense.

i belive i have ment what i mean.. there should be a civilized approach.. if a person writes a story (storie whatever) with violance and intends to act it out then there should be action

but if a person writes a story with violance and never would act it out.. then they should not be punished

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Quit with the long quotes. It's annoying and makes the thread longer to load.

sorry :(

hell... i would take up a blog just to piss them off...

as long as you did not mention it in school i doubt they would ever know..

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it. We as a nation (United States), should watch our government, our churches, and other powerful groups carefully. There are those that would take away our civil liberties to "protect us from ourselves". Personal responsibilty for one's own actions has spurred the ability of those in charge to make laws to protect the stupid from themselves.

No one should be allowed to force their morality and beliefs on anyone else.

Those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it. We as a nation (United States), should watch our government, our churches, and other powerful groups carefully. There are those that would take away our civil liberties to "protect us from ourselves". Personal responsibilty for one's own actions has spurred the ability of those in charge to make laws to protect the stupid from themselves.

No one should be allowed to force their morality and beliefs on anyone else.

those who give up there liberties for temporary security will have neither.

ben franklin i think....

mementh.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Civil liberties, common sense and one student down, several hundred more to go ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/151411 ... lines=true

Charlie Serpone had no idea why he was being called out of class. But when he got to the principal's office on October 2, it was clear that Pope John XXIII Regional High School principal Reverend Kieran McHugh hadn't called him in to praise his work on the football field.

Referring to a stack of printouts with Serpone's postings on his MySpace page, McHugh informed the 18-year-old senior that he was being expelled from the Sparta, New Jersey, school for something he had posted on his personal page. Now Serpone is considering legal action against his alma mater.

"They had not only traced what I had said, but they had printouts of things I said when I answered other people's questions on their pages," said Serpone, who recently took his GED exam in preparation for attending a local community college. The former defensive tackle for the school's football team was the first victim of a new rule at the school that forbids students from posting on sites like MySpace and Xanga and explicitly forbids them from writing anything about the school or its faculty online (see "Catholic School Principal To Students: Thou Shalt Not Blog").

The rule was enacted earlier this year at the private Catholic school after McHugh told an assembly that administrators were trying to protect students from online sexual predators by having them immediately dismantle their personal pages on the popular Web sites or else face suspension. The move reportedly came after the school learned that a friend one student had been chatting with online was actually an adult pretending to be a teen.

Serpone ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã