Yet another FIGHT CAVES question...

schmuall

You're all probably sick of seeing fight caves questions on here but I promise this will be my first and last =)

I've wanted a fire cape for a while now, but recently I've really been craving one and killing a Ket Zek is the only task I am left to do to complete Karamja Hard diary.

I've watched the videos, read the guides and finally think I am about ready to give this a go.

I want to try the ranging only method as it makes use of my highest skills, gives me a few extra inventory spaces and has less fiddly armour changing.

I just have a few questions about setup:

1) Is amulet of fury that much better than amulet of ranging? (I have ranging but not fury, I could borrow)

2) Is using a shield really all that great? I have full zammy book and so was going to use that, but everyone seems to love the shield.

3) If a shield really is necessary, is the granite one I already have enough? what would be the best one?

4) Is the +3 prayer from veracs helm really really important? could I get a way with using a torags helm (which I already have) and get an extra +6 range def bonus?

5) I've also got plans on completing the seers acheivement diary in the (near) future. Is it worth doing sooner rather than later so I can use Enchanted Excaliber in the caves?

6)Inventory:3 ranging pots

6 Sara brews

Purple sweets

18 Sup restores

Do you believe this will be good enough?

I honestly hope that these will be my only questions, but if I do think of any more, I'll update this post.

BTW: In case my stats sig isn't working, Range = 85, hp = 84, def = 80 and prayer = 70

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

You're all probably sick of seeing fight caves questions on here but I promise this will be my first and last =)

I've wanted a fire cape for a while now, but recently I've really been craving one and killing a Ket Zek is the only task I am left to do to complete Karamja Hard diary.

I've watched the videos, read the guides and finally think I am about ready to give this a go.

I want to try the ranging only method as it makes use of my highest skills, gives me a few extra inventory spaces and has less fiddly armour changing.

1) Is amulet of fury that much better than amulet of ranging? (I have ranging but not fury, I could borrow)

You'd lose a chunk of defense and prayer there so I'd say no using range ammy glory would be better even.

2) Is using a shield really all that great? I have full zammy book and so was going to use that, but everyone seems to love the shield.

Some guides recommend just zammy book if you have decent def, I'd say take a granite shield and zammy book and switch at appropriate times.

3) If a shield really is necessary, is the granite one I already have enough? what would be the best one?

See above.

4) Is the +3 prayer from veracs helm really really important? could I get a way with using a torags helm (which I already have) and get an extra +6 range def bonus?

Could drop to a neitz helm as well, not sure tbh never came close to running outa prayer myself.

5) I've also got plans on completing the seers acheivement diary in the (near) future. Is it worth doing sooner rather than later so I can use Enchanted Excaliber in the caves?

I've used it all 3 times I beat fight caves, it does make it simpler.

6 Sara brews

Purple sweets

18 Sup restores

I honestly hope that these will be my only questions, but if I do think of any more, I'll update this post.

BTW: In case my stats sig isn't working, Range = 85, hp = 84, def = 80 and prayer = 70

chaosoffar.png

Use the granite shield and torag helm. Drop the sweets for some diamond (E) bolts. Borrow a fury. EE is nice but you're a ways away and you should be fine without it. You can probably take a 7th brew with 17 rests, I brought 7 when I did it and I know that I had at least 4 rests left with 70 prayer. Your setup and stats are good, as long as you know what you are doing you will dominate.

yuki2d.png

1. Yes, the extra Prayer does help, borrow one if you can.

2. Using a shield will help, taking less damage is more important that getting through a few minutes faster.

3. Granite would be fine, the best one would be Blessed Spirit Shield as it has prayer bonus and no negative range bonus.

4. Yes you can get away with using Torags helm.

5. Yes EE does help, it's worth getting.

6. You really only need one Range potion, for Jad. Other than that you might want to squeeze in another brew or two.

6 Sara brews

Purple sweets

18 Sup restores

1. I'd say Fury would be better. Don't really need the Range bonus since you have the pots.

2. I've used Zammy Book all 3 times, gives a prayer bonus and the Range bonuses. I'd say that's better than the small Defensive bonuses Granite Shield gives.

4. If you can afford it or already have one, get an Arma Helm. But if not, I'd say Verac's is better than Torag's.

5. Yes. Helps a lot, saves a bunch of Sara Brews (last two trips I've gotten two Jad w/o using a single dose of Brew, thanks to EE)

6. Here's what I used, and what I had left when I got to Jad.

2 Ranging Pots (1 left)

Enchanted Excalibur

7 Sara Brews (7 left)

18 Super Restore (10 or so left)

Hope this helps, and good luck on the cape!

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+