The New Curses...

Just skimmed over it and theres probably a few points you should add/clarify

1) Stat drain boosts appear in the % meters in the prayer screen and NOT on your actual stats. This is quite a big thing as alot of people thinking they will be able to stop mages using specific high spells, or boost themselves up to use certain spells.

Crew Edit: These changes were in the works prior to your posting this submission. The guide currently reflects these changes. Thank you :) - SerpentEye

2) Deflect prayers could do with a slight reword to make clear they deflect (or can deflect) some of the damage the attack WOULD OF HIT, as it stands it implies the deflection will only work in PvP as only in pvp will you take damage

[Crew Edit: This has been reworded for accuracy. Thank you.]

Oh and side note for the quest guide:

"4. Talk to the nearby archaeological expert. Vouch for Dr. Nabanik and explain that he is an authority on pyramids and ancient religions. The expert will give you a restoration certificate."

I'm fairly certain is misleading; I am 100% certain I did not use the authority of pyramids option and don't think I picked ancient religions either. But it still progressed the dialogue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

To save topic space, I also have something that could be added to the section on Curses, specifically the deflect prayers.

It should be noted that the drain rate on these curses is SIGNIFICANTLY less than their regular Protect counterpart. I did a little test a little bit ago with my Protect from Melee prayer and it took roughly 1:55 for all 73 of my Prayer Points to fade (+0 Prayer Bonus, no equipment, ensured it was max by praying at an Altar in my house). However, after performing the same test on Deflect Melee, it took a full 3:40 for those same 73 Prayer Points (with the exact same set up) to fade - nearly twice as long. I haven't tested the other curses, but I would imagine they have a similar decrease in drain rate as opposed to their prayer counterparts.

So Noted.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I'll assume it's ok to use this as a correction topic for the curses section.

In the curses section of the prayer guide the image for Leech Range is wrong. Right now it is showing a duplicate of the Leech energy symbol: curse_leech_ranged.gif

Sorry I can't offer the correct curse image as I don't have the right prayer level.

Crew Edit: Woops! Thanks so much for pointing this out to us :) The problem has been fixed, and the correct image is now displayed. :^_^: - SerpentEye

• 1 month later...