New question - blocked tasks

SirHartlar

If you want charms, don't touch living rock creatures. They give nearly no crimson / blue, and only a few gold / green. A task of these takes a while, so if you want charms, you certainly don't want these. The xp and money are fairly decent though.

i do the dogs tasks

i find if i bring a yip, and guthans then i can last easily last a whole task without tele'ing out. i also swap weapons when not needing the healing to save cost(keep rest of guthans amour on tho)

dunno if its the right way to do it, but they work fine for me

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

i do the dogs tasks

i find if i bring a yip, and guthans then i can last easily last a whole task without tele'ing out. i also swap weapons when not needing the healing to save cost(keep rest of guthans amour on tho)

dunno if its the right way to do it, but they work fine for me

They're ridiculously close to a teleport, so it doesn't matter if you need to leave and come back. You can speed up the task by using a combat familiar and food instead of a bunyip and Guthan's and not worrying about whether you have to make a second trip.

I wouldn't be quick to block either one, as they're pretty fast experience and decent money. Living rocks are probably better for xp and profit, but terror dog tasks are smaller.

What tasks would you recommend blocking? I am definitely going to block Kalphites and Hellhounds, and was also thinking of block Tzhaar. I don't use and don't intend on using a cannon for any tasks, essentially what I'm looking for is good Slayer and Summoning exp with profit on the side.

Well If you are wanting more summoning exp then the living rock creatures are a blockable task, I would wait on blocking hell hounds as they are changing respawn times so they will improve (as announced in the recent updates Q and A in the jagex forums). Tzaar are slow, and have poor drops and no charms that you would want, so definalty an option. Kalphites are as you said another option as these can be crowded, and just plain annoying. Really If it was my choice i would keep hellhounds as these are fairly quick exp and dont take me too long.

Really it comes down to personal preferance, and ask yourself what you are after more, slayer exp, summoning or cash, or even distributions of each, if you can answer that then you should know which task to block.

pocket_0aces.png