Trouble Editing Mp3 Tags

i_love_burritos

Perhaps a week ago, after reformatting my harddrive and reimaging my computer [nasty nasty worm], I copied over all the songs I had from my external harddrive back onto my computer.

Now, I have got all administrator access and whatnot, but I cant edit the tags on the mp3. Such as artist, album etc...

And the file type also comes up as identified. But it plays fine in Windows Media Player.

When I right click and go to properties I notice --

This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.

There is a "unblock" button next to it. I select it, select apply. Try everything I can, still no dice.

Anyone help me ?

Thanks !

Ok, on the site now. Downloading it now...

I'll tell you how it goes.

Thanks.

EDIT: The actual thing is great. I'll be using this later on for sure, thanks jaerk.

But the problem still isn't fixed ! In the editor I can see all the tags, albums, years released, artist, song title.

But when I go back into the folder, I cant see them, nor can I edit them. I can edit them just fine on the actual editor but the changes dont "carry across".

If I read it right, the mp3s are still on the external? Either way, there should be somewhere you can go into (the properties of the folder) and then the 'owner' tab. Change it to your admin name, and you should be able to edit the tags.

I'm on a Win2000 atm, and on it the permissions are under 'Security' so that may also be it... Look into all of the permission options too, there might be something you need to change in there.