Mage/2h'er?

astro_dude

I need some help. I have an account with a lot of money on it and I want it all to go into making a good pure. I got 47 mage on it and pretty much Cursed it 3/4 of it.

Current stats are:

Cb level: 31

Attack: 22, going for 30?

Strength: 40

Defence: 1

Hitpoints: 34

Magic: 47

My goal is to get to 59 mage so I can fire blast at some point, and be able to KO with a rune 2h. Preferably when nubs take off their armor to reflect magic.

ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

I suppose this is a relatively unique combination. You don't see much of the mage/2h. However, with mid level pking, you could certainly pick off all of those kids who think they are invincible with their full rune. This strategy has serious potential.

I just got 30 attack, but its still not hitting like I want to. I guess the next step is to get 40 attack for rune 2h, then just level my strength as high as I can. Probably somewhere around 70 str and 40 attack. Then cursed/alch my way to 59 mage.

So new goal is 40 attack, 70ish str, and 59 magic.

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

• 1 month later...

I just got 30 attack, but its still not hitting like I want to. I guess the next step is to get 40 attack for rune 2h, then just level my strength as high as I can. Probably somewhere around 70 str and 40 attack. Then cursed/alch my way to 59 mage.

So new goal is 40 attack, 70ish str, and 59 magic.

Those stats are great and you should definitely get mage, if not for fireblasts it will give you magic defense. In fact, if you plan to high alch, then you should max magic according to your combat level. However, using magic will be ineffective against pures of the same level as your hypothetical pker. Stick with strength and you should not get burned. Another thing, 40 attack and 70 str will land you around lvl 50. Very few pkers in bounty world has armor at that level. It's quite rare to see full runes pking until level 60+

If it's any help, my account started out as a F2P mage pure. 10 def for combat robes, 59 mage and 35ish hp. I got quite a few kills but never managed to turn it into a profit. Between people who just run away and the cost of your spells, it's never going to be profitable. It will be fun though. One more thing: with 59 mage and 40 attack, the highest strength you can have without the 59 mage becoming pointless (i.e. not determining your cb level anymore) is 49. If you get 70 strength you should go for 73 magic (not entirely pointless - you'll be more accurate).

Current goals:

Hunter 78/80

Smithing 70/80

Runecrafting 58/60

Strength 96/99

Defense 45/46

Prayer 72/95

Dungeoneering 85/100

• 3 weeks later...

Go for the following

Attack: 40

Strength: 89

Defence: 1

Cons: 78

Magic: 85 (For TELEBLOCK)

CBL: 61

Max hit with rune 2h: 249 (with power ammy and str pot)

And about the f2p mage pure, ya its fun, i have one with 40 mage

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂