Smithing

Ezkaton

I have currently got 5 SC hammers sat in my bank waiting for me to try and attempt to get some smithing levels; however I have no idea what to make....... Would bolts be a good idea? I kinda want minimum loss, but I'm willing to shell out a little bit from my measly 23m cashpile.

Cheers

Ez x

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Guest jrhairychest

Bolts are generally the cheapest to make along with arrowtips and dart tips.

Many find cannonballs a good, if a little slow way of doing it. Gold ore is good and fast and expensive unless you're going to use the bars for crafting (which I do by using gems from thieving rogues den safes). That's my preferred method but depends on whether you want those arrowtips and dart tips yourself for slayer or something. Mith bars might be your solution.

Many find cannonballs a good, if a little slow way of doing it. Gold ore is good and fast and expensive unless you're going to use the bars for crafting (which I do by using gems from thieving rogues den safes). That's my preferred method but depends on whether you want those arrowtips and dart tips yourself for slayer or something. Mith bars might be your solution.

Cannonballs are slow, plus he needs something for an anvil

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

New question - Would mith plates be a massive loss till 73, where I would addy bolt to 77, sell my dfs etc gather my cash then plate all the way to 99?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

New question - Would mith plates be a massive loss till 73, where I would addy bolt to 77, sell my dfs etc gather my cash then plate all the way to 99?

It becomes one of those opportunity cost situations. Bodies are a bit less than 5x faster than bolts. Bodies lose x amount compared to bolts. Calculate the time you would save opposed to the cost in that same time. If you can make money faster than that loss, then it's better to go with bodies.

Or something like that.

Guest jrhairychest

Sorry my bad, missed the hammers bit :???:

Sorry my bad, missed the hammers bit :???:

No problem, I generally did cannonballs for levels, but though I adore smelting more than using anvils I wanted something more instant for my levels; and 99 smithing is the first 99 I've ever wanted........ Would it be wise to do addy bolt tips till 88 using sc hammers; or sell my dfs and whip (doing alot of skilling recently), cash in 3.5m worth of slayer points, keep doing mtk, and then use the money from that to do mith plates from 77 to 88, then addy from 88 to 99? Also any idea how many SC hammers I'll need?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png