Should Dragon halberd reach aviansie race?

Dire_Wolf

I have always wondered why Dragon halberd with it's length was not made able to reach Aviansies, and recently this thread was created:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/257183-how-to-melee-kreeara/page__pid__4091028__st__0entry4091028

It's about how Kree'ra is melee-able with Black salamanders. So what do you think? Should Dragon halberd work on Aviansies? If so, then even Kree'ra?

I say no. The whole idea of the boss and monsters is to be range specific only. It's one of the few monster types that Melee cannot be used. As of right now, the game should be renamed 'WhipScape', because the only combat style ever used is melee rather than Mage or Range, and the weapon mainly used is a whip. I'd like to see more monsters like this.

Stellactic.gif

Salamander is the only weapon with 3 attack styles. It limits its melee usefulness with low damage as well as magic and range usefulness with the proximity.

Avis are unmelee able, however as the salamander never touches the avis only the flames its not a full melee attack.

Its our version of waterfiends ranged magic attack only ranged melee.

No to d hally yes to salamander.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

In my opinion, kilisa and arma spirit warriors should be fully meleeable, but besides those, assuming these birds would have some basic reasoning, it could just throw the spears at you from a little higehr up if you tried to poke at it with the halberd.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

In my opinion, kilisa and arma spirit warriors should be fully meleeable, but besides those, assuming these birds would have some basic reasoning, it could just throw the spears at you from a little higehr up if you tried to poke at it with the halberd.

I agree, that's a good point. Because a flying ranging/maging avianse won't fly low, but a warrior must.

in all Honesty...using a Halaberd against Kree just seems suicidal to me. It's a slow, not particuarlly strong weapon, that also leaves you without a shield. Also, I don't see much reason to change a monster that has been around for a few years now

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

in all Honesty...using a Halaberd against Kree just seems suicidal to me. It's a slow, not particuarlly strong weapon, that also leaves you without a shield. Also, I don't see much reason to change a monster that has been around for a few years now

Actually...Dragon halberd can hit over 90+, and has 3 specs. It's also pretty accurate and high hitting. If there's a one in aviansie race to be melee-able it should be the warriors, that would be logical.

The only thing the Halaberd would be usefull for on a bosst is the spec. I'd much rather be using a Rune C'Bow on Kree then a d hally.

I am objective when it comes to Kree'ra being meleeable (Whatever the right choice is i am for that), but you prefering Rune crossbow over Dragon halberd is your matter.