Which is the better setups?

skylor12344

OK well im almost 99 def and i can tell i wont be using barrows near as much as i currently am. However, i do plan on changing my setup and i was wondering which of the following would be the best setup in the long run?

Setup 1:

Helm of Neitiznot / Slayer Helm

Amulet of Glory / Amulet of Fury

Dragon Platebody

Dragon Platelegs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Defence Cape(t)

Warrior Ring / Berserker Ring

Setup 2:

Fighter Torso

Bandos Tassets

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Defence Cape(t)

Warrior ring / Berserker Ring

Setup 3:

Fighter Torso

Torag / Dharoks Platelegs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Defence Cape(t)

Setup 4:

Fighter Torso

Dragon Platelegs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Defence Cape(t)

What's your budget, or how much would you prefer to spend?

What is this setup for? Slayer, armored zombies, bandits, green dragons, ect?

All around I like setup one and two; Dragon is a well enough defense and torso/tassets offers you strength.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I would say, if you could afford it, bandos is the best all around slayer gear; and I say Dragon is second.

With 99 defense, all of your slayer assignments (aside from ones that require protect melee) will be easy enough to finish with dragon/torso/bandos/barrows and a familiar. So, my answer is, choose from a category; looks=Dragon Strength=Bandos/Torso.

My personal preference is, I like Dragon, go with that :thumbsup:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I like the Bandos/torso setup myself (dont really plan on getting the bcp instead just getting the tassets). So what im thinking so far is either Torso/Dragon legs or Torso/Tassets. Just gonna kinda wait until i see what some other responces give me.

Option 2 when you can afford the Tassets. Option 3 until then. A fury will be better off to use. Don't use dragon, unless its the boots.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well, my opinion is somewhat different from what you've heard; so it might give you something different to consider.

I am lvl 99 slayer and all through the leveling I focused on what gear to wear that would permit me to stay the longest, cost me less and complete the task with the most experience gained.

Any time I could use a cannon, I did so & I made my own cannon balls.

Any time I could use Guthan I did so because it saved me much more on food than I needed to repair it. (I have the POH workshop you can use anytime if you don't have one.) Guthan also permits me to stay with waterfiends quite a bit longer than most other players stay. (Just switch off and on with saradomin godsword, using a bunnyip and the task costs very little to do with great monetary/skilling rewards.)

Instead of "dragon boots", I would suggest "infinity boots" for the mage boost, especially if fighting an npc that hits you with magics.

The armour I most use if I range an npc is Armadyl with either bandos boots or infinity boots, depending on what def bonus I need.

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

Any time I could use Guthan I did so because it saved me much more on food than I needed to repair it. (I have the POH workshop you can use anytime if you don't have one.) Guthan also permits me to stay with waterfiends quite a bit longer than most other players stay. (Just switch off and on with saradomin godsword, using a bunnyip and the task costs very little to do with great monetary/skilling rewards.)

Instead of "dragon boots", I would suggest "infinity boots" for the mage boost, especially if fighting an npc that hits you with magics.

The armour I most use if I range an npc is Armadyl with either bandos boots or infinity boots, depending on what def bonus I need.

Using guthans is completey up to you. I find I can do all my tasks with just bunyips, or a unicorn if i need to use it. But i know of at 2 top ranked slayers that still use guthans, Mrs jjb cyn and Mythiquedame.

On NPCs that use magic, it still is better to just use the dragon boots as the miniscule amount of mage def you get isn't as great as the str you get from the boots.

If you don't have the money to afford Armadyl, Void Range works fine.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]