Cost to Stats table/guide

Though it will take some time I for one would like to see a table of armors and weapons that essentially gives you a ratio of cost to stats so for instance (this is not accurate havent checked) maybe rune full helm gives you 23:1 but d med gives you 39:1 if you are not really worried about maxing stats but want decent stats this tells you to buy the rune full. This perhaps was a poor example but i think you can see what I mean. For/Against? leave comments.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

That wouldn't work too well.

Free items like helm of neitz would always be at the top.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Also the ratios would be somewhat redundant.

I mean you'd get things like Ahrims skirt being 20:1 while rune plate legs are say 8:1

But rune plate legs arent gonna do ya any good when maging.

And what does the ratio mean anyway? its just a sum of ALL the attack and def bonuses plus rnaged str and str and prayer. So its jsut a random number tht doesnt tell u anything about the armour.

Prices themselves tell you more about it.

For example Torags chets plate costs more than iron chest plate because its better,

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For example Torags chets plate costs more than iron chest plate because its better,

Purple party hat costs more than neiz because it"s better

dragon battleaxe costs more than dds because it's better.

Bandos GDS > Whip? not in my book

Sometimes you can put wayyyyyy too much numbers to things, and in a dice roll game, i dont think "cost ratios" to armors is going to be a "smart" guide to keep updated.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Purple party hat costs more than neiz because it"s better

dragon battleaxe costs more than dds because it's better.

Bandos GDS > Whip? not in my book

Its very well taking part of my post.

But at least keep the context

1) This is about armour type items, party hat is irrelevant and out of context

2) I said price itself tells you more than the ratio would, I didn't say its perfect

3) I stated at the start of my most its flawed for specifics. My example being melee gear coming out "better" than mage gear, despite the fact thats blatently wrong for mages. In this case, as it is weapons, the DPS and attack styles come in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 1 month later...

Thanks for suggesting this! This would doubtlessly be helpful to people, but I do not think it is particularly useful nor necessary. There are a few reasons why I think this is unfeasible.

As mentioned already, information tends to become redundant.

Also, and this may just be my opinion, but equipment, given that it is stable and you do not lose it through death, doesn't actually cost money. For example, if you were to buy a whip for 3M, sure you spend money, but if you can easily sell it back for 3M, can you really say you are losing money? Of course, the price could fall and you could lose money, but then again it could just as easily rise and you could gain money.

The relationship between stats and price isn't a linear relationship. Stat boosts make a much bigger difference at lower levels, and plus a mere ratio cannot dictate exactly how you play. For example, it's true that Torag's Platebody has far superior defense over Rune. But if you are off to kill chickens, does it really matter? Ratios can't ever distinguish that.

There are far more than just statistics and price to consider as well. The Godsword is a great weapon, but does it make sense to go off killing cows with a Godsword? Speed, base price (for Items Kept On Death), special attack, etc. are other factors that must be considered, and it's not so easy working those in.

That is how I see it. The other crew members may disagree with me, and perhaps I will be wrong and it will be much more helpful than I anticipate. But those are my thoughts.